Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Speaking of upgrades, check this ridiculousness out: Reprehensible Incomprehensibleness and keep reading for the specifics.
I get page not found when I click on the link - might be just me?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The link works for me.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 am

Speaking of upgrades, check this ridiculousness out: Reprehensible Incomprehensibleness and keep reading for the specifics.
Yeah... That wouldn't slow me down if I had a few hundred thousand Starwood points.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Definitely not an exaggeration. Wine Cellar also closed for renovations.
Yes, since Vilu's kitchen was closed that would also be closed.

Then KOKO was closed Wed - Sat (instead of just Wed - Sun.
Koko Grill is normally closed Saturdays. It has never been closed Wed through Sunday. It looks like you've used hyphens instead of ampersands.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Yeah... That wouldn't slow me down if I had a few hundred thousand Starwood points.
Not being able to experience more than one villa type if upgrading would slow me down. In fact I was planning a visit there since my initial plan fell through but the way they are presenting the restaurants being fully booked, the way they've handled points bookings during the merger into Marriott and now this forcing people into upgrading every night of their stay crap. It's pretty much off the list for me.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:12 pm

9/23 election - any effects?

For anyone at the resort right now, are there any effects after the election on 9/23? Just curious if Conrad made any statement to the guests, etc.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:42 pm

Actually I think I know where you were getting confused. It's Vilu that is closed Wednesdays and Saturdays, not Koko Grill.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:10 pm

Actually I think I know where you were getting confused. It's Vilu that is closed Wednesdays and Saturdays, not Koko Grill.
Nope, I was not confused at all and I did intentionally use hyphens. Your information is not accurate or consistent with what we were told by the resort and what they wrote on the list of restaurants and which days each was closed. Upon arrival we were told and advised in writing on the directory that KOKO was to be closed Mon, Wed, and Sat nights during our stay (and while not implicitly stated, they made it seem like that was the normal schedule). That said, despite what we were told it appears in reality KOKO was under renovation but management apparently tried to hide the fact (perhaps because that in essence would have officially made Quiet Zone the only game in town on the small Island). We first made reservations for a Tuesday night at KOKO. Despite the weather being nearly perfect that day and night, we were contacted in the late afternoon saying the reservation was cancelled due to expected rain. However, during a walk on the beach after massages at the over water spa that same afternoon, we observed the equipment was either being replaced or serviced on the wall opposite where the 10 seats are located. Upon notice of the cancellation for Tuesday night we re-booked for Thursday and then on Wednesday we were told KOKO was to be closed for Thur and Friday also. No explanation given and when we pressed the issue with our host (who incidentally became or was dedicated to us - which was very convenient) he just looked dumb founded and seemed uncomfortable. At the time we departed last week it was apparent KOKO was closed Wed-Sat and possibly longer but can't confirm that one way or another.

For those with upcoming plans we were advised the Vilu along with Wine Cellar would be opening back up on Oct 1st but based on the lack of credibility of management I would take that with a grain of salt.

I will add that for all the beauty of the location and islands it became apparent during our stay that there was friction between management and staff. As others have alluded in this thread it would appear that despite the tenure of our host (12 years) and much of the great friendly and professional staff the newer management is incredibly cheap and cutting corners wherever possible. As we befriended a few other staff they hinted at the same. Definitely a beautiful location in an amazing location but compared to other Conrad's that I have visited around the world the Maldives property is aging fast and the lack of attention to detail by management is becoming apparent (lots of small issues with our Sunset Villa which is one of two of their best villas - so if they are not even keeping up their best rooms I can only image the issues in their other room types). On a positive note, I will say that they spa services (not facilities) were some of the best we have every experience at any 5 star (or even 5+ star property...and yes, I even mean Talise Spa at Jumeirah in Dubai and Mallorca).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:14 pm

Maintenance will be added to the wiki. Thanks. FYI, Koko Grill is normally open every day except Saturday. On Saturdays they have the Champagne & Lobster dinner at the Quiet Zone beach and they use the Koko Grill area to set up food so it's not open then. Shame they were trying to portray it as open. Not very professional of the F&B department. It's possible that after Prabu left it may have gotten a bit wayward in some areas. I know they were without a F&B Manager for quite some time last year and possibly into this year as well.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:02 pm

Not sure if it was posted before.....Unveiling of Muraka underwater residence: https://www.hoteliermaldives.com/gm-...muraka-hilton/
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:03 am

Are the beach suites frequently booked? Several times now, when I've reached out/been contacted about upgrades, they were not quoted. They also appear not to be available if I search my dates on the Hilton site.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:38 pm

That's a good question. I would say yes because whenever I've searched for availability they've almost never been there and emails with upgrade prices have never had them bar one time.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
I understand that the Gold/Diamond benefits extended only work for 1 villa (whichever the Gold/Diamond account holder book and stay at), even if there are 2 villas being booked under the said account holder's name.

So what should I do if I want to book 2 villas but still receive Gold/Diamond benefits for both villas?
Should I choose Option A or B? or does it not matter since the offering of benefits depends on the hotel status of the occupants in each villa?

OPTION A
I have enough points to book 2 villas for the same exact dates. So I book 2 villas under my HH account, but make sure the person X is listed as the guest of the second villa. Person X must have his own Gold/Diamond status in order to receive benefits for the villa he is staying at.

OPTION B
I have enough points to book 2 villas for the same exact dates. I share my points with Person X through the Hilton Points Pooling program. I book 1 villa under my HH account, and Person X book 1 villa under his HH account. Person X must have his own Gold/Diamond status in order to receive benefits for the villa he is staying at.

-----------------

A side question:
Under OPTION B situation, can I use one of my weekend night certs (let's say I have 2 certs), and apply it for Person X? He should still Gold/Diamond benefits for this weekend night, right?
Does anyone have any recent experience with Diamond/Gold benefits on a second room booked from a elite account with points?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a place to shower or lie down in the airport lounge for Conrad Rangali? I will have a 8 hour wait while the rest of my group arrives from 2pm-10pm.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The Conrad lounge at the seaplane terminal has showers and while it doesn't have proper beds, it has large loungers you can use to nap if you want.

If you google Conrad lounge male, you will find plenty of pics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.