Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
Well, compare to someone who's paying full freight for a stay at whatever the going rate for a water villa is would be generating a 10% service charge on top of that base amount. We were paying none of that as it was a points stay.
The 10% service charge is distributed among all the workers, not diverted straight to your housekeeper. So, it probably doesn't make as much difference as you think.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Majuki
Well, compare to someone who's paying full freight for a stay at whatever the going rate for a water villa is would be generating a 10% service charge on top of that base amount. We were paying none of that as it was a points stay.
Perhaps Hilton corporate pays the service charge as a percentage of the reimbursement rate for reward stays? I have no idea. Of course, corporate doesn't pay anywhere near going rate unless occupancy is high.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
Perhaps Hilton corporate pays the service charge as a percentage of the reimbursement rate for reward stays? I have no idea. Of course, corporate doesn't pay anywhere near going rate unless occupancy is high.
My guess is that Hilton corporate reimburses at a handsome rate. Otherwise it would not make sense that the resort makes so much award space available, even in water villas.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
They may do but there's certainly no incentive to do so considering the fact that the service fee makes up more than half of the average waiter / room boy's wages and they are probably the best treated in the whole country. That and their workers make many times more than the average Maldivian.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
They may do but there's certainly no incentive to do so considering the fact that the service fee makes up more than half of the average waiter / room boy's wages and they are probably the best treated in the whole country. That and their workers make many times more than the average Maldivian.
I don't doubt that employees of Conrad Maldives are relatively well paid. Just curious whether corporate pays taxes and fees tor reward stays or if they're exempt. I realize the rules might vary state to state and country to country.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:31 am

Can someone who know please advise of the following :

a) For a return customer who book 7 night or longer, is there any chance to get room upgrade automatically. If so, have anyone received a free upgrade from over water villa to higher category room . If you do not mind, can you please share the room type you get thru an complimentary upgrade at check in . I have not contacted resort to see how much it costs for a paid upgrade since I am O.K with Over Water Villa this time .

b) If my fly home ( out of Male) departs ~ 2:45pm, what a block time frame Conrad can book my sea plane departure schedule ( from Conrad to male airport). Will I able to make a request ( with Conrad) to flight between 10:00am - 11:00am . I tried to understand what time I must be ready and will I have enough time to have a last breakfast at Conrad on my last day.

c) If you get to choose between Superior water villa vs Retreat water villa ( family water villa) , which one will you choose if you do not have to pay money for an upgrade . And why you will choose one over tho other

d) If you ask your host that you want to see certain room for possible future stay , Can your host able to make arrangement to show you different room type .

e) On my last day at Conrad, I book Beach villa room ( using point) because no over water villa available, If I make a request not to move after I arrive at Conrad to stay in the same room until check out , will Conrad grant me my wish or I must move from over water villa to the beach villa as my booking states .

I am checking Conrad website constantly in case over water villa room become available again so that I do have to switch room on last day .
By the way, if anyone has a recommend for 1 night hotel stay ( with reasonable room rate and convenience location in Male) besides Hotel Octave, Please share the hotel name.

Thank you

Last edited by vnfilm1; Sep 25, 2018 at 12:36 am
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Can someone who know please advise of the following :

a) For a return customer who book 7 night or longer, is there any chance to get room upgrade automatically. If so, have anyone received a free upgrade from over water villa to higher category room . If you do not mind, can you please share the room type you get thru an complimentary upgrade at check in . I have not contacted resort to see how much it costs for a paid upgrade since I am O.K with Over Water Villa this time .

b) If my fly home ( out of Male) departs ~ 2:45pm, what a block time frame Conrad can book my sea plane departure schedule ( from Conrad to male airport). Will I able to make a request ( with Conrad) to flight between 10:00am - 11:00am . I tried to understand what time I must be ready and will I have enough time to have a last breakfast at Conrad on my last day.

c) If you get to choose between Superior water villa vs Retreat water villa ( family water villa) , which one will you choose if you do not have to pay money for an upgrade . And why you will choose one over tho other

d) If you ask your host that you want to see certain room for possible future stay , Can your host able to make arrangement to show you different room type .

e) On my last day at Conrad, I book Beach villa room ( using point) because no over water villa available, If I make a request not to move after I arrive at Conrad to stay in the same room until check out , will Conrad grant me my wish or I must move from over water villa to the beach villa as my booking states .

I am checking Conrad website constantly in case over water villa room become available again so that I do have to switch room on last day .
By the way, if anyone has a recommend for 1 night hotel stay ( with reasonable room rate and convenience location in Male) besides Hotel Octave, Please share the hotel name.

Thank you
a) An emphatic no
b) It depends on TMA, not the resort (read my seaplane post which is linked in the wiki, it states this for the return leg). No.
d) Usually OK unless occupied. Extremely unlikely if it's the UWS.
e) You will most likely have to keep to your booking but you might get very lucky and your room may not be occupied on the day of checkout
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:40 am

Here's an upgrade experience as a Diamond member on a seven night stay: Booked Premier Water Villa for a stay this September. Upon arrival of the hotel complained about the closure of the small Island restaurants and the long distance to breakfast every morning. Was upgraded to Sunset Villa as a result. Definitely a good trade-off.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Here's an upgrade experience as a Diamond member on a seven night stay: Booked Premier Water Villa for a stay this September. Upon arrival of the hotel complained about the closure of the small Island restaurants and the long distance to breakfast every morning. Was upgraded to Sunset Villa as a result. Definitely a good trade-off.
Why were the restaurants closed?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Why were the restaurants closed?
Vilu closed for renovation, supposedly for a month, starting around August 25. Not sure if it is still closed. Breakfast at Mandhoo in the meantime.

Don't know why the post refers to restaurants, plural, being closed. Maybe another one closed too, I don't know.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:17 pm

IINW the Quiet Zone is/was open and the same for Koko Grill. Maybe a typo, maybe an exaggeration.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
How soon after booking does the resort contact you about potential paid upgrades?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by interactfx
How soon after booking does the resort contact you about potential paid upgrades?
No idea - I've always been so excited that I contacted them first.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:25 am

Speaking of upgrades, check this ridiculousness out: Reprehensible Incomprehensibleness and keep reading for the specifics.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
IINW the Quiet Zone is/was open and the same for Koko Grill. Maybe a typo, maybe an exaggeration.
Definitely not an exaggeration. Wine Cellar also closed for renovations. Then KOKO was closed Wed - Sat (instead of just Wed - Sun. So Quiet Zone was pretty much only option for most of that week on small island. Those still closed when we left are supposedly set to reopen Oct 1st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.