FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:30 am
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Can someone who know please advise of the following :

a) For a return customer who book 7 night or longer, is there any chance to get room upgrade automatically. If so, have anyone received a free upgrade from over water villa to higher category room . If you do not mind, can you please share the room type you get thru an complimentary upgrade at check in . I have not contacted resort to see how much it costs for a paid upgrade since I am O.K with Over Water Villa this time .

b) If my fly home ( out of Male) departs ~ 2:45pm, what a block time frame Conrad can book my sea plane departure schedule ( from Conrad to male airport). Will I able to make a request ( with Conrad) to flight between 10:00am - 11:00am . I tried to understand what time I must be ready and will I have enough time to have a last breakfast at Conrad on my last day.

c) If you get to choose between Superior water villa vs Retreat water villa ( family water villa) , which one will you choose if you do not have to pay money for an upgrade . And why you will choose one over tho other

d) If you ask your host that you want to see certain room for possible future stay , Can your host able to make arrangement to show you different room type .

e) On my last day at Conrad, I book Beach villa room ( using point) because no over water villa available, If I make a request not to move after I arrive at Conrad to stay in the same room until check out , will Conrad grant me my wish or I must move from over water villa to the beach villa as my booking states .

I am checking Conrad website constantly in case over water villa room become available again so that I do have to switch room on last day .
By the way, if anyone has a recommend for 1 night hotel stay ( with reasonable room rate and convenience location in Male) besides Hotel Octave, Please share the hotel name.

Thank you
a) An emphatic no
b) It depends on TMA, not the resort (read my seaplane post which is linked in the wiki, it states this for the return leg). No.
d) Usually OK unless occupied. Extremely unlikely if it's the UWS.
e) You will most likely have to keep to your booking but you might get very lucky and your room may not be occupied on the day of checkout