Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Are any FT'ers in residence now?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:54 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Based on the way you asked this question, I assume that you didn't book a prepaid stay.

When you check in, you will be asked to show a credit card. A certain amount of money will be reserved on your card, but it won't be charged until you check out. This amount will be the total expected cost of the stay, plus an extra amount which could be up to $100 per night in some cases. This will allow you to charge things to your room such as any meals in the hotel restaurants, without needing to pay for them at the time.

When you check out the amount will be finalized and then the excess amount will be released on your card. You should be able to pay with cash in all Conrads, and then the entire original deposit will be released - so you wouldn't see any transactions on your card statement at all.

However some countries limit the amount of cash that can be legally used to pay transactions. Out of the countries with Conrads I think this only applies to Portugal where you cannot pay more a bill of than €1000 in cash, and India where you cannot pay more than 200000 rupees in cash.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Next guest at Muraka arrives 11th January

i am here atm, if thus was the question
got a free uprade for three nights to dwv from wv, also super early checkin 6:30 am at seaplane terminal. Arrived at 10:30 Rangali time, Villa was ready to move in.
great gesture.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:26 am

In one DWV is alos a 2-3 yesr old kid, quiet so far but did th policy change?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aysoo
What policy? We have stayed in a DWV with a child as well.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Justapoorboy
Hello. Thanks to this forum and its contributors that I have booked my trip to Conrad for next May.

I have a question about how you guys pay.

1. Do they charge everything to your CC during your stay?
2. Do you have option of paying with cash?
3. Any good recommendation for good credit card for Canadian?

Thank you very much!
I paid cash this Christmas and it wasn't a problem. I did allow them to put a hold on my card at check in, but was given the option of how I wanted to pay at check out.

I stayed 2 years ago with a 3 year old and 6 year old in a Family water villa and a few weeks ago in a standard OWV with both kids (aged 5 and 8 now). Doesn't look like any change in policy.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by englisha
I paid cash this Christmas and it wasn't a problem. I did allow them to put a hold on my card at check in, but was given the option of how I wanted to pay at check out.

I stayed 2 years ago with a 3 year old and 6 year old in a Family water villa and a few weeks ago in a standard OWV with both kids (aged 5 and 8 now). Doesn't look like any change in policy.
How did you find the FWV and WV with your kids, particularly your youngest? Was one villa type better than the other? How safe was it? We were gonna stay in a DBV but I’d love to go back to a WV (we stayed in a RWV and WV previously on our last 2 trips - before we became parents so at the time I wasn’t really thinking of how kid-friendly they are). Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
that is a crazy deal for SWV.

i cant even get them to lower mine to $65
Yeah I was surprised the SWV was that low as well.. I thought it was a typo but he just reconfirmed all prices and countered my counter on the RWV.

“Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD194.67 per night Inclusive of Tax”

I accepted that final offer... now if only time can jump a few months...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:34 am

Domenico "Mimmo" Criscito plus wife and kids and his buddy daniele ruganj plus tv starlet michela persico staying on cash rate here. During aventure snorkeling he used his football skills and pushed by OH away to get a beter picture for his instagram... she lost her mask then, fair play.

their instagram profile is pure entertainment
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09

How did you find the FWV and WV with your kids, particularly your youngest? Was one villa type better than the other? How safe was it? We were gonna stay in a DBV but I’d love to go back to a WV (we stayed in a RWV and WV previously on our last 2 trips - before we became parents so at the time I wasn’t really thinking of how kid-friendly they are). Thanks!
The family water villa was amazing and the kids had there own room. I went with low expectations with the OWV but was pleasantly surprised with it. They put 2 extra beds in the room which was fine for us and I found the room comfortable for us all. Obviously, the main concern for a parent is the decking and how safe it is for children. We didn't allow our kids to go down the stairs into the water as they were slippery in both rooms. Actually, when they saw crabs at the bottom of the stairs, it was enough to put them off anyway. However, they enjoyed the whirlpool in both and I didnt feel it was unsafe at any time. That being said, I don't think there was a point during either stay that we had them outside alone. Both kids loved the kids club and both kids wanted to go there all the time, so we didnt spend a lot of time on the decking with them to be fair.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
I will post more info on the DBV renovations in a later post, together with some pics.

Regarding the DBV pool shapes, see this pic I posted a while ago:

If I counted correctly, you should have the long rectangular pools at DBVs 125,127,128,129,134 (lagoon side) and 223,227,229,230 (reef side).

Pool sizes and shapes will not be changed as part of the renovations.
So do I understand this correctly re the renovated DBVs ... they have started at the low numbers and have done up to 223?

Based on that, which ones would people advise to request on both sunrise (reef) side or sunset side? How is the beach erosion on the sunset side now? Also worth mentioning that it may coincide with this potential renovation of the smaller island so probably reef side is preferable but then a lot of the reef side ones aren’t renovated yet. So renovated vs not renovated / sunrise vs sunset?

Darn these multiple renovations making things complicated!! I wonder if they do close the smaller island, will they then move breakfast to Mandhoo like they did previously?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
The family water villa was amazing and the kids had there own room. I went with low expectations with the OWV but was pleasantly surprised with it. They put 2 extra beds in the room which was fine for us and I found the room comfortable for us all. Obviously, the main concern for a parent is the decking and how safe it is for children. We didn't allow our kids to go down the stairs into the water as they were slippery in both rooms. Actually, when they saw crabs at the bottom of the stairs, it was enough to put them off anyway. However, they enjoyed the whirlpool in both and I didnt feel it was unsafe at any time. That being said, I don't think there was a point during either stay that we had them outside alone. Both kids loved the kids club and both kids wanted to go there all the time, so we didnt spend a lot of time on the decking with them to be fair.
This is great info, thanks! I’ve heard so many good things about the kids club - did they just settle in right away and how much time did they spend there? Are there many kids at any one time and what is the usual staff to kid ratio? Thanks (sorry for all the questions!)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
So do I understand this correctly re the renovated DBVs ... they have started at the low numbers and have done up to 223
No, they started on the highest numbers and should be finished about halfway down. The post you quoted referred to the ones with a long rectangular pool (regardless of whether they have already been renovated or not).
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
No, they started on the highest numbers and should be finished about halfway down. The post you quoted referred to the ones with a long rectangular pool (regardless of whether they have already been renovated or not).
Thanks, so which ones exactly then did they renovate?

Sunset side: 140 to ...?
Sunrise side: 239 to 223?

Sorry, I quoted that post since it had the map for handy reference! Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by draxxusbg
As promised, here are the "Diamond" upgrade rates received for 3rd week of April.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD107.80 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD42.70 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD216.30 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD396.20 per night Inclusive of Tax
Originally Posted by draxxusbg
“Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD194.67 per night Inclusive of Tax”
Thanks for that. Have updated the wiki.

Originally Posted by Jamal06
Does booking the treatments from the Conrad arrival lounge at the airport give you extra time on multiple treatments or just one as well?
Every treatment that you book (that is 90min or longer) qualifies for an extra 15min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.