Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Oh boy all this talk about the OWV getting a facelift is really putting a damper on my trip booked for end of May! I will be keeping a close eye on this thread for any updates re: the renovations as we have 6 nights booked in an OWV
Yeah not ideal. I have 5 nights booked here and then 3 at Gili Lankafushi.

Now Conrad is talking about major construction and Gili has pretty much burned down! :facepalm:
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:08 am

Does conrad still have this free activities, e.g. cooking class, massage techniques lesson etc? Saw it onces in a brochure
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by dcht
Has anyone done the Dream Island excursion? Wondering how much it costs, etc.
We previously did the dream island excursion (the private option, not the group option). I believe it was around $600 or $650. It was cool to do once, but I wouldn't do it again, They did set up a really great picnic area for us. One of the down sides is the snorkeling was not great.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Gili has pretty much burned down! :facepalm:
What do you mean?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
What do you mean?
Yesterday, there was a masssive fire at Gili. The fire is believed to have started in a stand-alone villa complex called the Crusoe Residence. The fire spread from the villas to the restaurant and kitchen on the island.The resort is obviously closed until further notice.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/8111...i-lankanfushi/

https://www.rt.com/news/447972-fire-resort-luxury-maldives/
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:50 pm

Wow, 7 OWVs were torched. Ouch. Good to see there was no-one injured.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
It’s a miracle nobody was injured since it happened so late - 11pm or something. They don’t know the cause of it apparently. Scary.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Question about Diamond 15 minute spa benefit

Does anyone know the rules on the Diamond benefit - 15 minute supplement to spa treatment? I understand it is for 60 minutes or longer. Is it a multi visit benefit. Also our family will have two rooms. Good for all?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:31 pm

Once only, not on every treatment. One per Diamond member. If the treatment is a couple's treatment then it applies to both so you technically get 30min, 15min extra each person. However, if you are a multiple returning Diamond with 2 rooms they may be generous and extend it to give you one more for the second room. YMMV.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:31 pm

Hello, I've missed you all! So much going on in the quotidian grind. I somehow stopped getting email updates when there were posts in this thread. I've just caught up, though, and everything sounds like it's still a great place to visit, even through the holiday celebrations.

Can anyone comment specifically on how the DBV renovations have progressed into 2019? I may or may not be occupying one in a few months...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:25 pm

Once only, not on every treatment. One per Diamond member. If the treatment is a couple's treatment then it applies to both so you technically get 30min, 15min extra each person. However, if you are a multiple returning Diamond with 2 rooms they may be generous and extend it to give you one more for the second room. YMMV.
Does booking the treatments from the Conrad arrival lounge at the airport give you extra time on multiple treatments or just one as well?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:28 pm

As promised, here are the "Diamond" upgrade rates received for 3rd week of April.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD107.80 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD42.70 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD216.30 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD396.20 per night Inclusive of Tax

I counter offered $850 for 2x nights in Superior, 2x in DBV, 3x in RWV.. waiting for response.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by draxxusbg
As promised, here are the "Diamond" upgrade rates received for 3rd week of April.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD107.80 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD42.70 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD216.30 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD396.20 per night Inclusive of Tax

I counter offered $850 for 2x nights in Superior, 2x in DBV, 3x in RWV.. waiting for response.
that is a crazy deal for SWV.

i cant even get them to lower mine to $65
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:42 pm

Wow, 7 OWVs were torched. Ouch. Good to see there was no-one injured.
its a miracle that no one was injured
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:18 pm

Hello. Thanks to this forum and its contributors that I have booked my trip to Conrad for next May.

I have a question about how you guys pay.

1. Do they charge everything to your CC during your stay?
2. Do you have option of paying with cash?
3. Any good recommendation for good credit card for Canadian?

Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.