Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:35 pm

I've added those to the wiki.
BTW, can you please quote prices before taxes next time. That way I can add them to the wiki straight away without having to calculate backwards. Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
To SWV before taxes is only $45? Nice!
Thanks for the data points. Just to clarify these are from a base BV, not a base WV, correct?
I've added those to the wiki.
BTW, can you please quote prices before taxes next time. That way I can add them to the wiki straight away without having to calculate backwards. Thanks.
I would have, but that's just copied from the email. He stated them with taxes.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:50 pm

Hmm. Seems they are doing it on purpose just to make us work harder, LOL.
And sorry bout that, guv!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The upgrade rates I received in an e-mail recently were stated including taxes as well. This is for a stay in October this year:

BV -> DBV $234 all incl.
WV -> SWV $160 all incl.
WV -> RWV $225 all incl.
WV -> DWV $394 all incl.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:47 pm

Received these upgrade prices this week for a stay next month (middle of October), it's myself, my wife and a five year old. While I initially thought about the SWV based on some other prices I've seen here, $136 ++ nightly doesn't seem worth it. From what I gather, these are the exact difference in room rates when comparing best available rates online. The RWV is intriguing, but with the deeper water over there and my 5-year old doesn't seem like a very good idea, plus want to experience both islands and our initial reservation is splitting eight nights between a BV and WV.

Water Villa to the Superior Water Villa additional USD136.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Deluxe Beach Villa additional USD136.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Retreat Water Villa additional USD203.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Deluxe Water Villa additional USD285.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Family Water Villa (2 bedrooms) additional USD450.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Beach Suite (2 bedrooms) additional USD1,440.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Sunset Water Villa (2 bedrooms) additional USD1,855.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Absolutely lousy. I resent paying for water anywhere. I'm just inclined to go with the flow. Standing on principle would conflict with my relaxing on the beach.

And I guess I haven't paid much attention to the water prices because we rarely buy it. We prefer something sturdier with food.
Yeah I get that; I've mentioned a few times in this thread that we avoid water at the restaurants and end up paying for wine because we refuse to pay for water. I guess it is like like up-selling by stealth ha ha.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dsm1012
plus want to experience both islands and our initial reservation is splitting eight nights between a BV and WV.
Definitely recommend doing a split and in that order, i.e; BV then OWV. Most folks prefer to stay on land first then move to over-water. Ideally you don't want to do it in reverse the first time.

Originally Posted by Dsm1012
Received these upgrade prices this week for a stay next month (middle of October), it's myself, my wife and a five year old. While I initially thought about the SWV based on some other prices I've seen here, $136 ++ nightly doesn't seem worth it. From what I gather, these are the exact difference in room rates when comparing best available rates online.
Thanks for the data points. Will add them to the wiki.
Counter offer with 25% off and they should give you 20% off (as is the case in most instances).
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Yeah I get that; I've mentioned a few times in this thread that we avoid water at the restaurants and end up paying for wine because we refuse to pay for water. I guess it is like like up-selling by stealth ha ha.
Nothing like paying $20 per glass for something that's $8 per bottle back home. But we still enjoy ourselves.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
up-selling by stealth
You've let the cat out of the bag and just lost your chances of complimentary upgrades on your next 5 visits.....tsk tsk.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
You've let the cat out of the bag and just lost your chances of complimentary upgrades on your next 5 visits.....tsk tsk.
I think my suggestion/threat of bringing my own small bottled water to the restaurant would be enough to never grant me an upgrade ....
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:48 am

Does anyone know who owns/runs all of the resort's restaurants? Is it Hilton or some other company?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The resort is not owned by Hilton and I would assume the restaurants are owned by the same company - Crown Company.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:38 pm

Yes. The buildings and infrastructure are owned by Crown and are what Hilton effectively leases. Hilton employ most, but not all, of the staff and those staff in turn design the menus, cook the meals, wait the tables etc. So, owned by Crown, run by Hilton.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Definitely recommend doing a split and in that order, i.e; BV then OWV. Most folks prefer to stay on land first then move to over-water. Ideally you don't want to do it in reverse the first time.
Can you expand on why you recommend a split? What would be some positives the BV have over WV? Or is it simply that you suggest having a base camp on each island to experience that respective island?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:09 pm

Most people have never experienced an OWV before so doing a split for first timers gives them the opportunity to experience both in their first (and quite often only) stay in such a resort.

I suppose it's mainly the greenery / jungle feel vs open water / sea. BVs also have a considerably larger living space which makes a difference for some folks and then there's the outdoor shower concept which was first seen in the Maldives. Some people can't get to sleep with the waves bashing the stilts in rough seas and so the BVs have the upper hand there too.

There are OWVs on the main island also, so it's not really about having accommodations on both islands although it is good to experience both in that way. We've stayed in a BV for the whole stay once (DBV actually) and we still enjoyed Rangali Island as much as we did on other visits when we split our stay and stayed in BV then SWVs / WVs and BV then RWV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.