Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Red259
I am headed to Tokyo and I want to use my free nights. I was looking at the conrad. I have hilton gold, which would be the best tokyo hilton to redeem at?
conrad tokyo. Hands down.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
conrad tokyo. Hands down.
Thanks that is where I ended up booking so its nice to know I made the right decision.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Crash course in Tokyo properties?

In the spirit of both celebrating the first 'true' anniversary with my wife (we've been celebrating the anniversary of our first date for the past 7 years) and checking a destination off the bucket list we'll be spending ~9 nights in Tokyo at the beginning of September.

Completely new city/culture, completely new corner of the world. and right now at least several of the properties are relatively close both in points and yen pricing (excepting the Conrad which is nearly 2x) -- is there a specific reason to choose one property over another (or avoid one property over another)? Right now the Hilton Tokyo is looking like the winner, but a couple others look attractive -- no idea how much of a PITA to get to/from them. Not opposed to splitting the stay either.

Any other practical advice about the city is, of course, welcome since as yet I have no plans other than getting there and getting home
Old May 28, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi lincolnjkc,

I assume you are looking at the following

Hilton tokyo
Conrad
Hilton tokyo Bay
Hilton Odaiba

There are threads on the hilton forum for each hotel and I have stayed at 3 of them ( not the odaiba one)

Hilton tokyo bay is ideal for disneyland but a bit far for regular commuting into tokyo for sightseeing ( around 45-50mins each way just to Tokyo station then you have to get to your sightseeing spots) but is a good hotel. The travelling ( probably best to avoid rush hours if possible) may get tiring if doing it for a week
Hilton Tokyo is in Shinjuku (10min walk from Shinjuku station and has a bus shuttle running every 20mins or so at peak times and you can also walk in the underground passage ways form Shinjuju station) and has shinjuku nightlife , shinjuku goyen park , and the Metropolitan Govt building with the viewing decks and the shinjuku city park. The shinjuku nightlife is close to the east exit of the station ( the hilton is accessed via the west exit. Good transport links to temples and Shibuya ( for the scramble crossing)

Conrad- excellent hotel in Shimbashi ( the neighbourhood is relatively quiet at night but you are just south of Ginza with 2 beautiful gardens nearby and the line to Odaiba is practically outside the hotel. I would definitely consider it if you had lots of points or the prices are only slightly more than hilton tokyo. Bayside view rooms are wonderful, Excellent lounges ( can get busy at peak times). I would keep checking the prices as occasional flash sales occur which can make the Conrad more affordable.

Hilton Odaiba- On odaiba with views across to the Rainbow bridge , tokyo tower and you have odaiba to explore with shopping centres, parks and museums ( and a replica Statue of Liberty). there are 2 line into tokyo which can take a little while

As a Diamond you should get lounge access.

September may well be hot ,humid and wet in Tokyo ( with potential for the rare typhoon)

I would be tempted to split the stay with the Hilton Tokyo and the Conrad with Odaiba as a potential option . If you wanted to see disneyland ( and Disneysea which is unique) then I would consider Hilton tokyo bay ( around 1 hr by limosine bus from Narita airport)

I would also take into account your departure/arrival airport as it can take a while to get to the airport ( especially Narita with a very early morning flight- taxis are very expensive to Narita)

There are lots of good tips in the Japan forum and I found this site useful
https://www.japan-guide.com/

Regards

TBS
lincolnjkc and earlyriser like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 28, 2018 at 3:09 pm
Old May 28, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi lincolnjkc,

I assume you are looking at the following

Hilton tokyo
Conrad
Hilton tokyo Bay
Hilton Odaiba
Thank you TBS -- and color me amused at the coincidence that a Scot was the first to offer advice (we were married in the Highlands (Eilean Donan) and have spent much time enjoying Edinburgh and the surrounds; a beautiful country with wonderful people).

Those were the properties at the top of the list, though Conrad had self-selected out based on the rate premium; I think we're going to start at the Hilton Tokyo, and the point about access to Tokyo Disneyland is well taken--I had forgotten that it was there but as we've been to Disneyland (the original), and Disneyland Paris...it seems a nobrainer to at least stop by while we're so close.

Thanks again!

Lincoln
Old May 28, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Thank you TBS -- and color me amused at the coincidence that a Scot was the first to offer advice (we were married in the Highlands (Eilean Donan) and have spent much time enjoying Edinburgh and the surrounds; a beautiful country with wonderful people).

Those were the properties at the top of the list, though Conrad had self-selected out based on the rate premium; I think we're going to start at the Hilton Tokyo, and the point about access to Tokyo Disneyland is well taken--I had forgotten that it was there but as we've been to Disneyland (the original), and Disneyland Paris...it seems a nobrainer to at least stop by while we're so close.

Thanks again!

Lincoln

Hi,

No problem , I was in Tokyo in November, January and again in April ( cheap airfares). Tokyo Disneyland is celebrating its 35th anniversary ( started in April and runs to March 2019)

Regards

TBS
Old May 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
My wife and I were able to stay at the Hilton Tokyo for 5 nights and we enjoyed it. As said above, Shinjuku Station is the main station. From there you can go to other places. The list below is what we did during our stay.
  • Robot Restaurant. Other have said it's kinda cheese but you have to visit once.
  • Tokyo Tower
  • Owl Cafe
  • Tsukiji Market.
  • Imperial Palce.
I would also recommend getting the Tokyo Metro Subway App. Easy to use. It seemed that we spent more time traveling between places than actually spending time at the destination.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The Conrad is my go-to property even among luxury options, so needless to say it gets a strong recommendation from me. The F&B isn't quite up to luxury Tokyo standards (although in Tokyo, that's a minor issue), but the concierge in particular has gone above and beyond on many occasions.

Splitting the stay to properties in different areas is certainly an option if you arrange all your dining/excursion plans accordingly.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
might want to spend the last 2 days at narita Hilton. there is a temple complex in narita town that is quite interesting to walk through. definitely worth a visit. also a shopping mall. hotel has buses that will drop you off.if you do stay there, request a room facing the airport. I loved watching the plane takeoff/land. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...ure_Kanto.html
lincolnjkc and G-ARVE like this.

Last edited by bearkatt; May 30, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Any other practical advice about the city is, of course, welcome since as yet I have no plans other than getting there and getting home
I have no practical advice other than: Just don't get sick on travel again - and have fun in Japan!

David
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Conrad

If you are collecting soft toys then you will need to stay at the Conrad :-)
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:16 pm

Conrad Tokyo or Hilton Tokyo

I am planning a stop over in Japan and would like some input about hotel . My travel time is the last week of November 2018 and I will fly in and out at Narita airport . This is my first trip to japan and I have 5 nights to spend

a) Should I book hotel near Narita airport and travel ( by train) to Tokyo to do day trip ( sight seeing).
b) Between Conrad Tokyo and Hilton Tokyo, which one will give me more benefit for Diamond level . And which hotel will be better as base for using the public transportation around town
c) How the complimentary upgrade at these hotels. Will diamond member get access to executive lounge access and free breakfast for 2 people
d) Which hotel has more local restaurant near by

Thank you

Last edited by vnfilm1; Jun 3, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Avis
a) Never having stayed in the Narita area I can't give you a better estimate, but the airport is basically an hour outside of Tokyo using express trains that run straight from the airport. I believe that staying in Narita will add two to three hours a day of commuting overhead to your sightseeing.
b+c) I had better experiences as a diamond with the Conrad, if only because the lounge and breakfast were so good. I got upgrades in both hotels, but my memory is that the ones at the Conrad were more common but less meaningful (most room differentiation at the Conrad is view and level, but all levels and views are great). The Hilton is good, but not special -- which is weird because it can sometimes cost more than the Conrad.
b2) Neither hotel is in an optimal location for transit, but I'd give the edge to the Hilton. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from Shinjuku station (or a short cab ride/occasional free hotel bus), and it's easy to go anywhere from Shinjuku. The Conrad is a little closer to it's station (Shimbashi), and there's a silly light rail line from there that will drop you very close to the hotel, but it's not Shinjuku. That said, as a tourist you're likely going to spend a lot of time on lines that service both stations, so it's not like the Hilton will save you loads of time each day.
d) Both hotels are in dismal business districts that aren't very interesting at night, but a bit of walking will take to you to loads of restaurants, especially if you walk to Shinjuku proper from the Hilton.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I agree with the comments above . I am on a tablet so it is hard to type but staying in narita will use up a lot of time.
Both lounges are good. I liked the hilton one especially dor afternoon tea and the conrad just beats it for breakfast and evening snacks
There are a few restaurants around shimbashi station and you are close to ginza and tokyo station

from the conrad there is a train across the rainbow bridge to daiba with ahops and resturants

there is a lot more information on these hotels in other threads if you can do a search

regards

tbs
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I am planning a stop over in Japan and would like some input about hotel . My travel time is the last week of November 2018 and I will fly in and out at Narita airport . This is my first trip to japan and I have 5 nights to spend

a) Should I book hotel near Narita airport and travel ( by train) to Tokyo to do day trip ( sight seeing).
b) Between Conrad Tokyo and Hilton Tokyo, which one will give me more benefit for Diamond level . And which hotel will be better as base for using the public transportation around town
c) How the complimentary upgrade at these hotels. Will diamond member get access to executive lounge access and free breakfast for 2 people
d) Which hotel has more local restaurant near by
a) The only two reasons to stay 5 nights at Hilton Narita are: It's a Hilton and it's much cheaper. My answer would be 'no'.
b) From my point of view the Hilton Tokyo is a very good hotel and the Conrad Tokyo is a really excellent hotel. They are both good for public transportation around town.
c) You can never be sure About upgrades: Both will upgrade you, if they can. Exec lounge and breakfast for two are free for DIA at every Hilton or Conrad. Personally I like the Conrad more. I've experienced the most excellent service there of all Hilton hotels I've staid.
d) I think, there are more around the Conrad. But no real reason to worry about. Tokyo is a great place for public transportation, taxi or Uber. So the restaurants have not to be 'near by'.

The area around the Conrad is much more three-dimensional and so it's a bit more difficult to navigate by Google maps round it (the City has more levels there).

But again: Tokyo is a great city and both hotels are really good (or excellent). You can't do something wrong by choosing one of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.