Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Read this as the price for the room, as I thought they had to sell this as a package, not as an add-on to the room rate. Also means you can't charge it to the room and earn points...
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Read this as the price for the room, as I thought they had to sell this as a package, not as an add-on to the room rate. Also means you can't charge it to the room and earn points...

Yes forgot to mention the above pricing is in addition to your room rate and they clarified its a S500 transfer they charged the whole thing to my card (the original room rate + the quarantine & test package) hopefully it codes right to earn hilton points
Old Oct 31, 2021, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They charged me 3500 THB for an S class transfer in 2019, so that would be approx 1700 for the PCR test. We paid 1300 for a PCR at a clinic in Bangkok in May, so this does not strike me as unreasonable, particularly for a 5* property.

The AMG Merc was really nice.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
So how do I book the Test&Go package? On the website I can only book the rooms, and no one is answering my questions regarding the Test&Go add on.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
So how do I book the Test&Go package? On the website I can only book the rooms, and no one is answering my questions regarding the Test&Go add on.
You can make your reservation on hilton.com and email them at [email protected] to add on the package
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
So, I just arrived at this property on a FHR booking and am very impressed. While upgraded to a Deluxe Suite (really a big room)....apparently you have to pick between the 1,000THB credit or the FHR credit (as of today 3,100) which is different than other properties I have stayed at but maybe I have just been lucky before with regards to stacking elite and FHR benefits? I am still quite happy with our hotel choice for our last few nights. The lady that checked me in was really nice and friendly and gave lots of good info.

Last edited by mcgahat; Nov 28, 2021 at 11:30 pm Reason: Removed the question about plugs, found them!! :)
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:28 pm

Just a follow up, we really did enjoy our stay. We thought the staff in all areas of the property were great. We liked all the dining outlets and pool area except the bar on the 56th floor. It was a nice enough space but did not see anything special about it compared to similar venues in BKK. Also, I felt the manager was extremely rude to his employees and often was walking about the restaurant without a mask. I am not a mask nanny but all the employees are required to wear them and he should too, just as a good example. Also, I booked this via Amex FHR and the rate said Expedia which gave me concerns about getting stay credit and points but they did post just fine.

Entrance

Deluxe Suite

Deluxe Suite

Deluxe Suite

Deluxe Suite

Mini Bar

Closet

Vanity Area

Shower

Soaking Tub

Bathroom

Toilet Area

Bed

View

Side Table

Fruit and Water Delivered Upon Arrival at the Pool

Pool

Pool

Pool

View at Breakfast

Breakfast

Breakfast

Breakfast
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:39 pm

Additional Photos

Breakfast at the Brasserie

Lobby

The Front Room Restaurant

The Loft Bar

The Loft Bar
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Also, I felt the manager was extremely rude to his employees and often was walking about the restaurant without a mask.

The manager was maskless and rude to his employees (and in front of hotel guests)? I hope you got his/her name and reported them to senior management.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
In the past, if I booked Deluxe Suite I received upgrade to Astoria Suite (+2). If I booked entry level room, I received upgrade to Deluxe Suite and sometimes even all the way up to Astoria Suite. For my latest stay, I booked Deluxe Suite and received +1 upgrade to Corner Suite and was asked to pay 2k THB per night for further upgrade to Astoria Suite. Needless to say, the days of upgrades from entry level to Astoria Suite are most likely a thing of the past, if as a repeat Diamond guest there is now an upcharge for Astoria Suite when booking Deluxe Suite, even when occupancy is low.

Nonetheless the hotel remains great but the value proposition is no longer overwhelmingly in favor of WA compared to other options in the city, for example at Park Hyatt if targeting the Diplomat Suite, or at Sindhorn Kempinski for the Executive Suite. So I have been a fan boy of WA BKK in this thread numerous times before, I guess it still ranks quite high for me but I am more moderate in my views now.

Speaking of the Corner Suite, I did not like it much which is why I paid the 2k THB extra after one night to move to our beloved Astoria Suite. The Corner Suite is more expensive than the Deluxe Suite because it is larger (90 sqm vs 75 sqm), it is a formal suite with a living room separate from the bedroom unlike Deluxe Suite, but they are on the lowest two floors and exposed to more noise from the BTS track line and the street traffic (and views are not as nice of course). The Astoria Suites are in the same spot in the hotel but higher floors so better views. I like the Deluxe Suites too, more quiet in the back of the hotel and great for people who do not need a separate living room. Bottom line, Corner Suites are my least favorites of the three suite types.
mcgahat and kevin111260 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
In the past, if I booked Deluxe Suite I received upgrade to Astoria Suite (+2). If I booked entry level room, I received upgrade to Deluxe Suite and sometimes even all the way up to Astoria Suite. For my latest stay, I booked Deluxe Suite and received +1 upgrade to Corner Suite and was asked to pay 2k THB per night for further upgrade to Astoria Suite. Needless to say, the days of upgrades from entry level to Astoria Suite are most likely a thing of the past, if as a repeat Diamond guest there is now an upcharge for Astoria Suite when booking Deluxe Suite, even when occupancy is low.

Nonetheless the hotel remains great but the value proposition is no longer overwhelmingly in favor of WA compared to other options in the city, for example at Park Hyatt if targeting the Diplomat Suite, or at Sindhorn Kempinski for the Executive Suite. So I have been a fan boy of WA BKK in this thread numerous times before, I guess it still ranks quite high for me but I am more moderate in my views now.

Speaking of the Corner Suite, I did not like it much which is why I paid the 2k THB extra after one night to move to our beloved Astoria Suite. The Corner Suite is more expensive than the Deluxe Suite because it is larger (90 sqm vs 75 sqm), it is a formal suite with a living room separate from the bedroom unlike Deluxe Suite, but they are on the lowest two floors and exposed to more noise from the BTS track line and the street traffic (and views are not as nice of course). The Astoria Suites are in the same spot in the hotel but higher floors so better views. I like the Deluxe Suites too, more quiet in the back of the hotel and great for people who do not need a separate living room. Bottom line, Corner Suites are my least favorites of the three suite types.
Wow thanks for the insight i have the corner suite booked for my stay next week as it was half the price of the astoria suite hopefully I'll score the upgrade
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
The low floor would be a no-go for me. I've stayed a couple times in the Astoria Suite, and found the noise levels just barely within the acceptable range.

The failure of these supposedly high-end new Bangkok hotels to utilize double pane glass in the guest rooms is really inexcusable. The earlier generation (GH, SGS, etc.) are much better noise insulated.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by David613
Wow thanks for the insight i have the corner suite booked for my stay next week as it was half the price of the astoria suite hopefully I'll score the upgrade
I think with Corner Suite you have good odds for upgrade to Astoria Suite assuming you are Diamond guest. Because the price difference between Deluxe Suite and Corner Suite is about 2k THB, it comes out to about the same: either book Deluxe Suite, get upgrade to Corner Suite, and pay 2k THB extra for Astoria Suite, or book Corner Suite (for 2k THB more than Deluxe Suite) and get complimentary upgrade to Astoria Suite. Personally I will do the former because if no upgrade is possible I would rather save the 2k THB and be in the Deluxe Suite, but at the moment occupancy is low so your strategy should work.

Originally Posted by Kacee
The low floor would be a no-go for me. I've stayed a couple times in the Astoria Suite, and found the noise levels just barely within the acceptable range.

The failure of these supposedly high-end new Bangkok hotels to utilize double pane glass in the guest rooms is really inexcusable. The earlier generation (GH, SGS, etc.) are much better noise insulated.
Very true. Another one in the category of "earlier generation" is Anantara Siam, for those who don't know it's located between WA and StR so exposed to the same noise issues. However their double pane glass windows are about 30 cm apart so even if staying on even lower floors than WA, the noise insulation is impressive.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Just a quick comparison for my upcoming stay

WA is 20,000/3 nights (I am Diamond)
PH is 22,000/3night (Hyatt nobody, but rate includes breakfast)
SR is 18,0000/3nights (LTG but includes breakfast, and St Regis might upgrade to Metropolitan Suite (they pre-upgraded me last week until a change of plans))

Decisions? Which pool is best? I like the infinity nature of the PA but the WA seems quite lovely up at the pool deck too.

Last edited by alanslegal; Jan 16, 2022 at 8:51 am
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Just a quick comparison for my upcoming stay

WA is 20,000/3 nights (I am Diamond)
PA is 22,000/3night (Hyatt nobody, but rate includes breakfast)
SR is 18,0000/3nights (LTG but includes breakfast, and St Regis might upgrade to Metropolitan Suite (they pre-upgraded me last week until a change of plans))

Decisions? Which pool is best? I like the infinity nature of the PA but the WA seems quite lovely up at the pool deck too.
What is the PA? I don't know any Hyatt with those initials.

StR has a much nicer pool than W/A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.