Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:22 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by 1K+
Weren't you upgraded to a suite for your remaining 4 nights at checkin before you faced any of the problems?

NoY, my comment on upgrades was not directed just at you, it was a general statement on how other folks also seem to get suite upgrades at this resort without paying an upcharge.
Ok, for clarity ;

Booked Garden Deluxe;
Upgraded at check-in for first night to Ocean Deluxe;
Upgraded at check-in for remaining 4 nights to Ocean Suite;
Subsequently (after feedback of their shortcomings & before moving to Ocean Suite) upgraded to Conrad Suites;

The front desk manager arranged all of the above.

Happy to clarify further if needed
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Ok, for clarity ;
It's all good, thanks for clarifying.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:17 pm

Connoisseur Club

We are staying at this hotel next week. As always, I sent out an email to the General Manager of the hotel saying that Mrs. PedroNY and I are coming and in this case this is a special trip celebrating her birthday. I asked if there are any upgrades, if not -- no big deal.

He responded to me saying that he cannot guarantee an upgrade but as a Diamond we will have privileges of the Connoissseur Club. He also attached the PDF flyer of the club, they usually ask for $100/night for this priviledge and apparently extend it for free to Diamonds (or at least he did this time).

I have a question, based on the flyer it states that aside from regular lounge access, we would also have 15% off food/spa and laundry and dry cleaning. Is this standard for Diamonds? I just wonder if everyone else who is a Diamond received 15% off -- I am definitely happy to get that additional benefit.

I will try to post my impressions of the hotel, we will be ther for 9 nights, very exciting.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
15% off on hotel charges was offered to us as well last month. You need though to mention to the waiter that you have a Diamond Card, as not all bother to look at the details attached to your room number.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:27 am

Wonderful Stay

We had a wonderful 9 night stay at this hotel. Both Mrs. PedroNY and I were impressed with the quality of service, the staff an the facilities. We were upgraded to ocean view room, and the lounge was a great benefit and we made the best use of it.

I would give this hotel two thumbs up, and the GM was a very nice guy. I recommend to email him prior to your stay, he was very helpful with all of our questions and he even came over (at th lounge) to us and spent sometime with us.

We did biking activities, yoga activities, we did the romantic dinner at the beach bale, and booked a few tours through the hotel concierge. All of it was top notch, great sevice, wonderful people. Also they provide airport transfer for $16, it is probably more expensive than a standard taxi, but it was nice to have someone just meet you at the airport with cold water and wet towels and drive you directly to your hotel.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex
15% off on hotel charges was offered to us as well last month. You need though to mention to the waiter that you have a Diamond Card, as not all bother to look at the details attached to your room number.
I was provided 15% off Romantic dinner tonight. I didin't ask because I didin't recall this feature. Will be interesting if other minor charges like a drink by the pool will also get discounted.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by 1K+
Being a diamond and having stayed there 5 times, I get the same response everytime, which is no. They will gladly upg me for $100/night to a suite. I've never stayed in a suite at that property, always in an oceanfront room which also overlooks one part of the pool and the eight degrees south restaurant.
I can categorically tell you that that is incorrect. Not that I don't believe you; I have no doubt that is what you were told. But we were upgraded last week to the Conrad Suites for free. My wife is a Diamond. My parents were upgraded to the Suites in February for $45 per night. They are gold.

Originally Posted by PedroNY
We had a wonderful 9 night stay at this hotel. Both Mrs. PedroNY and I were impressed with the quality of service, the staff an the facilities. We were upgraded to ocean view room, and the lounge was a great benefit and we made the best use of it.

I would give this hotel two thumbs up, and the GM was a very nice guy. I recommend to email him prior to your stay, he was very helpful with all of our questions and he even came over (at th lounge) to us and spent sometime with us.

We did biking activities, yoga activities, we did the romantic dinner at the beach bale, and booked a few tours through the hotel concierge. All of it was top notch, great sevice, wonderful people. Also they provide airport transfer for $16, it is probably more expensive than a standard taxi, but it was nice to have someone just meet you at the airport with cold water and wet towels and drive you directly to your hotel.

Best,

PedroNY
We were there 7/6-7/11. Were we there at the same time?

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Originally Posted by mikeef
I can categorically tell you that that is incorrect. Not that I don't believe you; I have no doubt that is what you were told. But we were upgraded last week to the Conrad Suites for free. My wife is a Diamond. My parents were upgraded to the Suites in February for $45 per night. They are gold.
Heading there next week, also a Diamond - did you ask for the upgrade or were you just offered it?

Cheers
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by eddyegghead
Heading there next week, also a Diamond - did you ask for the upgrade or were you just offered it?

Cheers
We emailed ahead of time and asked, but they emailed us back and told us that we could pay for it or they would see upon arrival. When we got there, it was just offered.

I'd email them and, if you have been there before, just mention it to them.

Truthfully, we found that the biggest benefit was the lounge and pool usage, which you'll get, anyway, but the rooms were quite nice.

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Cheers Mike, will get on to this tomorrow.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Hi, I have already booked a 7 night paid stay in August. I am HHonors Gold.
How are the chances to get free access to the Club Lounge as a HH Gold Member?
I was offered per E-Upgrade to get Club Lounge Access for 80 $/day.
I´m not sure if that makes sense, as I have a 500$ resort credit with the rate I booked and free breakfast is already free of charge for Golds.
If I choose the E-Upgrade option for Conrad Suite or Conrad Pool Suite is the Lounge Access guaranteed?

Is Internet free of charge for Gold Members? Is there Wifi available in the rooms?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:10 am
Ole

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
We stayed in May. As Gold members, wireless internet access was free and we were provided access to the lounge. We paid for an upgrade to one of the swim-up rooms.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Looks like they have eased up on the upgrades to suites. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
@Ole:Thanks for your quick reply.
Is there WiFi access in the rooms or only in public areas?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 1K+
Looks like they have eased up on the upgrades to suites. Thanks for the feedback.
I didn't get free upgrade to suites on an award stay this week. Hotel seems to be well occupied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.