Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Timelord
Just curious did you need to do anything special to get the upgrade? I've emailed them and they haven't responded to me in over a week. BTW what are your recommendations for transport from the Airport to the Hotel?

Thanks
Timelord
I do not believe i requested anything in advance.

I used a company called Sila Tours for getting around. They offer different tour packages which were pretty reasonably priced. They have a $20 half day and a $40 full day tour. I think i did the $40 and had them pick me up from the airport, drop me at hotel and then go out for the rest of the day later on.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
We stayed at the Conrad Bali for 3 nights in a Conrad suite (using points) and have to say we were disappointed with the property. The property is sandwiched between a busy road and a beach heavily used by jet skis and boats-very noisy. We were given a suite close to the road so could hear mopeds and cars day & night, we asked to be moved but they claimed there was no other suite available--probably not true as the lounge and pool area were uncrowded. At the beginning of our trip we stayed at the Grand Hyatt and really enjoyed the grounds, the beautiful Club overlooking a lagoon, and the beach. The Hyatt offered a tranquil beautiful Bali experience and the Conrad was noisy and the Club lounge was nothing special.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by wilma
We stayed at the Conrad Bali for 3 nights in a Conrad suite (using points) and have to say we were disappointed with the property. The property is sandwiched between a busy road and a beach heavily used by jet skis and boats-very noisy. We were given a suite close to the road so could hear mopeds and cars day & night, we asked to be moved but they claimed there was no other suite available--probably not true as the lounge and pool area were uncrowded. At the beginning of our trip we stayed at the Grand Hyatt and really enjoyed the grounds, the beautiful Club overlooking a lagoon, and the beach. The Hyatt offered a tranquil beautiful Bali experience and the Conrad was noisy and the Club lounge was nothing special.
Oh dear, how opinions can differ. I stayed 5 nights in November (paid standard room, and upgraded to Conrad Suites as diamond) and could not have wished for more.

Yes there is a road, and yes there is a beach, but I never heard any traffic or jet skis. The pool area was indeed very quiet, for some that was a problem and for others it was bliss.

As for the lounge (and breakfast at Rin): I am sorry you found it to be "nothing special". I felt treated like royalty, drank sparkling wine and ate canapés till they came out of my ears. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and I had the feeling I would have loved to stay longer.

I am sorry that you were disappointed. Assuming the facilities were the same for both of us I have to conclude that some of your complaints must be "in the eye of the beholder".
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: DL Pl (2 m miler) AA, UA, Marriott Pl Life, Hilton Diamond Life, SPG Gold Life, IHG Spire Ambassador
Conrad Bali

Excellent property. Staff are exceptional. Diamond upgrade to suite. One of the most stylish set of rooms I have ever seen in 5 star properties. Understated modern. Breakfast, high tea, cocktails with food meant there was absolutely no reason for other dining. Staff were wonderful. Even got a birthday cake, and an endless chorus of birthday greetings for the next two days. 4 o'clock check out was welcome. Spa is wonderful with yet another private, underused pool with sauna and steam rooms. Hardly anyone on beach. All those youngsters doing water sports were an entertainment. Where in the world can you get all this for less than $125 a night!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Conrad Bali {IDN}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.