Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:02 am

thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Bali Conrad for 25th Anniv

I am a HHonors Gold and my wife and I are planning on a 1 week award stay in Feb for our 25th anniversary. Any strategy for getting upgraded to the Suites? Any recommendations on special things to do there?

I have also heard that Feb is rainy season. Anyone have experience in Feb that can comment?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
Hy,

after an long australia trip i want to make relaxing holliday for 7 days with my family in Bali, and as HH Diamond i want to stay in Conrad Bali.

Now i looked about price on hilton.com and with the weekend offer this 6 stay should cost:

1442,- $ (ca. 1091,- Euro) - 240 $ a night

lokking exact the same room under "hotels.com" is cost only 818,- Euro (1082,- $) .....

I would like to book ofer hilton.com, because getting stay and HHonors... but not for 360,- $ more.

Is this a case for the Hilton Best Price GArantie ?

Could i get the hotels.com rate from hilton with all points and stay ?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SerocoOl
Hy,

after an long australia trip i want to make relaxing holliday for 7 days with my family in Bali, and as HH Diamond i want to stay in Conrad Bali.

Now i looked about price on hilton.com and with the weekend offer this 6 stay should cost:

lokking exact the same room under "hotels.com" is cost only 818,- Euro (1082,- $) .....

I would like to book ofer hilton.com, because getting stay and HHonors... but not for 360,- $ more.

Have you tried doing 2 separate bookings? sometimes it is cheaper.

Later you would have to retroclaim the points but normally it is solved only sending a mail to HHonors.

Good luck!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by SerocoOl
Hy,

When do you plan visit the resort? They have a stay 5 nights, get $500 credit per room promotion until Dec30

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...tyhocn=BPNCICI
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
Originally Posted by 1K+
When do you plan visit the resort? They have a stay 5 nights, get $500 credit per room promotion until Dec30

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...tyhocn=BPNCICI
i saw this offer.... but i have the stays from 14 June to 20 June ... the offer ends 30 May
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by saviox
Have you tried doing 2 separate bookings? sometimes it is cheaper.
Locked for the day rate.... 240$ +Tax .... its the same

Someone some more tips? Do i have a chance with Hilton BRG ?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Conrad Bali Upgrade to Suites as a Gold

I am taking my wife to the Conrad Bali 2/15-20 for our 25th anniversary. Would love to get an upgrade to the Suites Wing. Any way to contact them ahead of time or hints on how to do this? Appreciate anyone's help on this!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:30 pm

I'm heading there for my honeymoon in April. Made the reservation with points, then contacted the GM to find out about upgrades. As a diamond, I was quoted the following rates to guarantee an upgrade....

Conrad Suite $145
Conrad Ocean Suite 195
Conrad Pool Suite 245
Penthouse Suite 620

The GM is Michael Burchett, he has gone above and beyond to accommodate all of my needs and he has always gotten back to me within 24 hours.

[email protected]

Also check out myconradbali.com for more info on the suites.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Probably ain't gonna happen, but it just might- better if you are there during low/shoulder season, not there during massive wedding weekends and he like, e-mail the GM a week or so before arrival with a pleasant and warm explanation it's your celebration of your 25th, etc. etc. Or, pungle up for a Conrad suite and maybe get something better to guarantee it.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:16 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
TDGoodly, how important is it to have an upgrade for your 25th? If not very important then take the ideas that bradrutt suggests, otherwise suck it up and pay for it.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Or, pungle up for a Conrad suite and maybe get something better to guarantee it.
Personally if it is my 25th (not that far away), I'm not leaving anything to chance.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
TDGoodly, how important is it to have an upgrade for your 25th? If not very important then take the ideas that bradrutt suggests, otherwise suck it up and pay for it.
Actually it was extremely important to me which is why I contacted the GM immediately after making the reservation. I already knew that suites were available.

I reviewed the options he gave me, and selected the suite I wanted. It was confirmed within a few hours.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
This is an attractive option that increases the value of HH miles, IMO. ^
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:16 pm

I agree completely. Also, if you factor in the Diamond VIP discount it gets even better.

A 10 night stay cost me 262,500 points + $2,000 for a Conrad Ocean Suite.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Probably ain't gonna happen, but it just might- better if you are there during low/shoulder season, not there during massive wedding weekends and he like, e-mail the GM a week or so before arrival with a pleasant and warm explanation it's your celebration of your 25th, etc. etc. Or, pungle up for a Conrad suite and maybe get something better to guarantee it.
Very good advice re emailing the GM a very polite note in advance, explaining that it's your 25th and that you'd really appreciate an upgrade but of course understand that it's not by any means guaranteed. I'd just suggest doing so 2 or 3 weeks in advance, just to make sure you don't miss him due to his being away for work or play.

I did something along these lines when my wife and I celebrated our 10th in Bali this past September. We were on a partly revenue, partly points booking. Michael was wonderful in arranging the free upgrade, which we found out about upon arrival. True, I'm a Diamond, but in researching how to approach this I came across at least one Gold who'd gotten similarly good treatment for a special stay.

Again, make clear that you don't expect the upgrade as a matter of right and be clear in your head that it will be fine even if you don't get it. Having said that, I'd suggest paying for an upgrade as a last resort upon arrival, because the perks and suite it gets you are well worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.