Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
What on earth do you expect Where in the t's & c's does it say anything other than that One assumes you know what Golds get as "standard" benefits? You want a specifice suite? Book it!
Read back TnC and you will know what I meant. And if you don't have any experience to share, back off.^
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Putra
I try emailed Conrad Bali for December reservation on what could I expect as HH Gold. They replied one category upgrade upon availability. Is that all? Let say I book Deluxe Lagoon, would they upgrade me to Ocean Suite? Any HH Gold able to get upgrade before arrival?
Don't expect a Suite. We got one, but we got lucky (and we were diamonds celebrating our honeymoon).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by slaman
Don't expect a Suite. We got one, but we got lucky (and we were diamonds celebrating our honeymoon).
I didn't expect a suite but a better room rather than 1 category upgrades though. I will touch Diamond right before my trip to Bali. After I replied to their email, they already upgrade my room to Lagoon which meant 3 level upgrade and guarantee resort suites if I am diamond just before my arrival.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:04 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Putra
Read back TnC and you will know what I meant. And if you don't have any experience to share, back off.^
Plenty of (relevant) experience here, thank you. If you had bothered to read the thread properly, or more appropriately phrased your question in the first place you would have got an entirely different response. The sense of entitlement from some is staggering
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by NoY
Plenty of (relevant) experience here, thank you. If you had bothered to read the thread properly, or more appropriately phrased your question in the first place you would have got an entirely different response. The sense of entitlement from some is staggering
honestly, the use of is a lot more staggering and annoying when coupled with jerk responses.

Glad you already got an upgrade confirmed, Putra.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:38 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mrredskin
honestly, the use of is a lot more staggering and annoying when coupled with jerk responses.

Glad you already got an upgrade confirmed, Putra.
......deleted.......not worth it.

Last edited by NoY; Jul 17, 2012 at 8:59 am
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by NoY
......deleted.......not worth it.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Folks,

I've read and searched as much of this thread as I could, and was hoping someone has some updated info, since I don't see any recent reports on this. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
-- How much does the hotel charge for airport transfers?
-- For Gold members is it a one category room upgrade OR lounge access? If it's one or the other, are they pretty good about consistently letting Golds choose lounge access (since it's not guaranteed like for Diamonds), or are there periods where they don't give them access? It doesn't seem like the hotel sells club rooms on the website, anyone know why?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Hi Folks,

I've read and searched as much of this thread as I could, and was hoping someone has some updated info, since I don't see any recent reports on this. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
-- For Gold members is it a one category room upgrade OR lounge access? If it's one or the other, are they pretty good about consistently letting Golds choose lounge access (since it's not guaranteed like for Diamonds), or are there periods where they don't give them access? It doesn't seem like the hotel sells club rooms on the website, anyone know why?

Thanks!
I stayed here last year as a gold member. I got both lounge access and an upgrade to a huge suite. It was during the some big summit and the Prime Minister of Thailand was staying a couple of rooms away with lots of security.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:14 am

Hi Folks,

Thanks!
Official Email from Conrad :

Thank you very much for your enquiry, as our valued Gold HHonors, you will entitle for upgrade preferred room class (one room class) – based on availability upon your arrival. And an option for breakfast inclusion or 1,000 bonus points, on property room amenities will be provided at our resort as well.

Another one :

Thank you very much for your reply, as a resort hotel, we do not have executive floor category and therefore access to our Club Lounge is property on-site benefit which is not available as HHonors Benefit. I am fully aware regard on other benefit such you mentioned below and I believe it still stated best available.
For Diamond HHonors will receive space available to preferred room (up to resort suite) complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Hi Folks,

Thanks!
-When I was there last year, it was $16USD one way. The driver was waiting outside with a "Conrad" sign. Vehicle was a Toyota Avanza...I expected something nicer but can't complain for $16.
-I was gold and on my honeymoon and got an ocean view upgrade from a booked garden view room. I also got lounge access too but only went once b/c it was rather far from my room. My wife insisted on staying at the Bales on the beach even though there were free drinks in the lounge. We never had breakfast at the lounge. The breakfast spread in the restaurant was amazing. Best pancakes I've ever had.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the response, guys! Seems like the hotel's official line is "For Gold member, the benefit will be room upgrade subject to availability upon arrival and complimentary breakfast if the booking is not included breakfast. For the lounge access, it will have to be with additional charge."

Yet most Gold members above report getting lounge access. Is it luck of the draw at check-in, or something else? Also, anyone know what the surcharge is for club access, since they don't even sell it on the website?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:24 am

Diamond will get access but I think for golds it's a matter of how full the hotel is along with a special occasion mention. The lounge breakfast is nice but breakfast in the main restaurant is where it's at - huge buffet, beautiful location. Even getting just the bfast perk is excellent. We'd sometimes have coffee and surf at the lounge by the suites private pool then move on to the main restaurant for breakfast. I'd contact the hotel beforehand, then gently ask again if it isn't offered at check-in. Management is top notch (GM previous job was @ FS Bangkok). There's actually two lounges. One is for families & is located closer to the lobby near the spa and the other is next to the suites but with lounge privileges you can use either. Plus with lounge access you can have your afternoon drinks/snacks in the lobby restaurant if you want. If I remember correctly they bring a 3-tiered tray with sandwiches and pastries in the afternoon and h'orderves in the evening. It's not a buffet where you help yourself.
While lounge access is nice I think my favorite perk was the free laundry for suite guests. To be able to have our shirts and shorts and stuff washed every day was awesome. (There's pretty cheap laundry services nearby). Housekeeping would pick our clothes up in the am and return them by late afternoon. We were there mid-January, just before Chinese New Year, a slow time for the hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Thanks for the response, guys! Seems like the hotel's official line is "For Gold member, the benefit will be room upgrade subject to availability upon arrival and complimentary breakfast if the booking is not included breakfast. For the lounge access, it will have to be with additional charge."

Yet most Gold members above report getting lounge access. Is it luck of the draw at check-in, or something else? Also, anyone know what the surcharge is for club access, since they don't even sell it on the website?

Thanks!
A few months ago the airport transfer was up to $20 USD. Club access offered on arrival was $100 USD / night which is cheaper than the $170 USD / night offered as an e-upgrade prior to arrival. To me it was well worth it.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA and HH
We stayed here for a week in early July. My family actually had 2 rooms that were both upgraded to the Conrad Suites a few weeks in advance. The suites were pretty big, clean and nice. The free laundry was really helpful as we were headed to Australia for 10 days after our stay in Bali. I can confirm that the hotel wants $20 for airport transfer but we ended up using a guy that has been mentioned in a few forums for all of our transportation. He charged $15 to the airport and ~$55 for a full day tour. His name is Made (Ma-day) Sukarma ([email protected]) and I can highly recommend him as he speaks great English, is very knowledgeable, and has a large van that comfortably fit the 5 of us plus him. If you use him please let him know Gabe said HI!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.