Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Red face

Was at the Conrad Bali a week ago and got upgraded from Conrad Suite to the Penthouse Suite. Wasn't expecting it at all, so a great surprise! Enjoyed having own Infinity Pool and all, amazing!! Really great resort.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 3:31 am

I am currently in the Conrad Bali in the Suite section which I had also booked. As a HH Gold I received no upgrade or additional amenities like the one included in the suites rate. I was told that I received the best suite available on the second floor. The location of the suite is suboptimal, very clairaudient from the suite above, beside and especially outside. As a Gold I do not feel very well recognized, though the resort is beautiful, also the suite amenities like free afternoon tea and evening cocktail are great.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by silvergirl
Was at the Conrad Bali a week ago and got upgraded from Conrad Suite to the Penthouse Suite. Wasn't expecting it at all, so a great surprise! Enjoyed having own Infinity Pool and all, amazing!! Really great resort.
what was your daily rate for conrad suite?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:54 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
a quick data point:

we're staying here on a GLON award; i'm an HH gold. i booked just the basic garden king room for our stay for 29,750 points per night.

we check-in, receptionist doesn't really say anything to us the whole time, and gives us our keys. porter takes our bags and leads us to our room, opens the door, and it turns out we were upgraded all the way to a conrad suite (ground floor, corner, right across from the suite pool).
Interesting. Checked in yesterday as a Diamond and only got ocean view king for four nights. Curious how many nights you booked. Guess Gold trumps Diamond sometimes
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by b8b
Interesting. Checked in yesterday as a Diamond and only got ocean view king for four nights. Curious how many nights you booked. Guess Gold trumps Diamond sometimes
This was my experience in March (as a Diamond). We were there for 7 nights and got an Ocean view king, which was nice, but the hotel was not heavily occupied at the time and I ran into one other Diamond who had been upgraded to a suite who was staying there at the same time (for fewer nights). It may have helped if I had asked to be upgraded to a suite, but my wife and I were too jetlagged at that point to think clearly.

By chance, did you request a suite upgrade in an e-mail to the hotel before arriving?

Despite not getting a suite, we still loved the hotel and the experience there. We're actually thinking of returning next year.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:30 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by soy
Had a recent GLON6 stay at Conrad Bali.
Just finishing up another great stay here (see my previous review quoted above). No upgrade but not an issue as this is not really a place where you spend much time in your room and as noted upthread Conrad Suites upgrades are the exception rather than the norm.

Diamond treatment still great and the afternoon tea / evening cocktails as good as ever. One change I noted was that Suku now has added several a la carte options to the breakfast menu including Eggs Benedict and a Japanese Option.

Really is one of the best HH properties, especially if you have small kids.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by b8b
Do you get access to lounge?

Question : If I booked a room that comes with breakfast, can I stack the one that Gold get?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:42 am

I will be staying at the Conrad Bali next week, my first trip to Bali.
Question: are there any reputable money changers or ATM machines near the hotel? I'll be arriving with no local currency & going straight from the airport to the hotel & wondered if I should change some $ at the airport or wait.
Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by ukyank
Question: are there any reputable money changers or ATM machines near the hotel? I'll be arriving with no local currency & going straight from the airport to the hotel & wondered if I should change some $ at the airport or wait.
Thanks.

I believe that there are ATMs at the airport just past baggage claim. There's an ATM in a glass-enclosed booth at the street entrance to the Conrad. That works with Visa-branded ATM cards, but my Mastercard branded card wouldn't work there. I ended up walking down to Circle K a bit farther south on Jl Pratama (though for safety (i.e., not to get run over), I walked on the beach path and then cut over to the Circle K). I was able to use my ATM card at a couple of other convenience store ATMs elsewhere on Bali without difficulty.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Use one of the ATM's at the airport.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by jefftiger
I believe that there are ATMs at the airport just past baggage claim. There's an ATM in a glass-enclosed booth at the street entrance to the Conrad. That works with Visa-branded ATM cards, but my Mastercard branded card wouldn't work there. I ended up walking down to Circle K a bit farther south on Jl Pratama (though for safety (i.e., not to get run over), I walked on the beach path and then cut over to the Circle K). I was able to use my ATM card at a couple of other convenience store ATMs elsewhere on Bali without difficulty.
Awesome, perfect thanks
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:12 am

I'm currently staying here and hope for everybody who has an upcoming stay that they ge upgraded, because half of the garden rooms face a huge construction site that is horribly noisy. We were upgradet to Resort room. According to the website, the resort rooms have partly ocean view. However, ours does not.

What I am really wondering is who in the world has decided for these shower heads? They are the worst I have ever experienced! They are peeling the skin off your body, even if you turn the strengh down to a minimum. I usually love to take long showers after a pool day, but here I hate showering and have to get out as quick as possible.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Thanks.
There is an ATM right in front of the Conrad, it is not in the hotel but at the driveway entrance. I had no issues using this one.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by nimenime
We were at Conrad Bali last week. Beautiful hotel & gardens, even though it is a very large property. Our stay in the Penthouse Suite was amazing!

We booked airport transfer via the hotel, you get a Toyota Avanza for $20 each way. Would not bother with VIP arrival service, there was absolutely no waiting time through immigration when we arrived with TG at DPS. Just remember to bring US$25 for visa on arrival, and 150k IDR for departure tax.
Uhh, one trip through immigration doesn't give a good representation of what can happen. I was just there when two wide body aircraft arrived at the same time and I was first off and still waited 30-40 minutes to clear and there were LONG lines behind me.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Just finished up a 4 night award stay. Even with a few glitches, I'd give this the best tropical Hilton branded property I've stayed at (Jalousie was better but no longer a Hilton).

Good:

1. Comp upgraded to a corner ocean view suite on top floor (4116) with a private plunge pool and loungers on one of the three decks. Very nice at about 90 sq meters. Couldn't ask for a better room. I think there are 6 of these rooms over the 3 wings. I think the middle or north wing would be slightly better as there was a bit of noise from the kids club below.

2. Service, with a couple exceptions was outstanding.

3. Conrad lounge was good with afternoon tea and evening drinks and a very helpful staff.

4. Food onsite was good, breakfast buffet was nice and the Saturday night Fish Buffet on the beach was a very good dinner at 450,000 (less 15% for diamond). Daily fruit plate to the room.

5. The grounds are immaculate and nicely designed. It never did seem crowded but if you want a cabana, get there early (no saving and they remove belongings after 1 hour of vacancy).

Poor:

1. Checked in at ~ 1:20pm and was told I was being upgraded. After thanking her, the reply was "we must upgrade diamonds" almost as if she wouldn't had she had the choice. The room wasn't ready as they needed to have the "proper amenities" in the room first and was told to wait in the lobby 5 minutes. After waiting about 20, I went to the counter and was handed the room keys in a booklet. No explanation, no direction where to go, nothin. I said can someone at least point me in the right direction and one of the bell staff assisted. Very poor first impression and wondered if this was the place I had read about.

2. The room was noisy during the day from 800am - 500pm with room renovations immediately below. This made sleeping in or afternoon siestas impossible. There also was a strong odor of finishing products (petroleum based) much of the day. Had this not been a spectacular room, it would have been a very poor location. It would have been nice to be informed of construction in advance.

3. Turn down service. The first two nights someone would come and tidy the room and replace towels, etc and make it nice to return to after dinner. The third night, no service. I called the desk and was advised they only do once daily service and never had turn down service for nights three and four. Not a big deal but it is nice to have and would expect such service from a hotel like Conrad Bali.

Overall it was a great stay and an excellent use of Honors points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.