Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by PedroNY
It is incredibly cheap to hire a driver for a day, under $50 all in with gas. You can get an SUV for all of you, and it is likely to be cheaper than renting + insurance. Also, driving on the left side of the road with a lot of bikes and scooters around you, could be very demanding. I would recommend it over renting a car, traffic can be terrible and police checkpoints can be a hassle.

As for children's activities, there are a ton of them. I recommend to email the concierge and ask for list and options, they will send you a list.

Enjoy,

PedroNY
I fully agree with PedroNY regarding car rental. You're much better off hiring a driver. Traffic with all of the scooters can be a real problem.

As for the question on illegal substances, westerners have gotten the death sentence for this. This is not a particularly bright idea in Indonesia.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by PedroNY
It is incredibly cheap to hire a driver for a day, under $50 all in with gas. You can get an SUV for all of you, and it is likely to be cheaper than renting + insurance. Also, driving on the left side of the road with a lot of bikes and scooters around you, could be very demanding. I would recommend it over renting a car, traffic can be terrible and police checkpoints can be a hassle.

As for children's activities, there are a ton of them. I recommend to email the concierge and ask for list and options, they will send you a list.

Enjoy,

PedroNY
$50 per day for a can that can hold 5 guests plus the driver?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nekamah7
$50 per day for a can that can hold 5 guests plus the driver?
Yes, for example we paid $40 for a driver + tour guide for 8-9 hours, that covered the car and gas, they drove us all over the place, to Ubud, sourounding areas, to the bird park, to a local festival, two temples, etc. That car could seat 6 people comfortably, as it was 3 rows. It was just 4 of us (driver + guide + two of us). So I could see you just getting a driver and all 5 of you to fill out the car. A lot of Suzuki 3-rows mini-SUVs are used for tourist industry, it appeared to be the norm as we were driven for other activities around the island.

Check out tripadvisor and other threads on FT, you will find information about it, most restaurants/atractions include price of pick-up and drop off in the price of the meal/activity so renting a car is really not necessary. If you hire for a full day through a hotel it maybe an extra 20%-30%, so if you feel more comfortable doing that, go for it.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I scanned the many pages of this thread and couldn't come up with an answer. Is there a view difference between a Conrad Suite & an Ocean Suite as far as the view goes? They are priced the same for the dates we are looking at, and I can see the size, free laundry, etc differences, but what about the view. Does an Oceanview Suite have a better oceanview than a Conrad Suite?

As always, thanks for all the great information contained in this thread.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sonomawine
I scanned the many pages of this thread and couldn't come up with an answer. Is there a view difference between a Conrad Suite & an Ocean Suite as far as the view goes? They are priced the same for the dates we are looking at, and I can see the size, free laundry, etc differences, but what about the view. Does an Oceanview Suite have a better oceanview than a Conrad Suite?

The Ocean Suite is a suite in the regular part of the hotel with a view of the ocean. The Conrad Suites is a separate wing/building that has it's own exclusive pool and restaurant. The lounge(very good) is here also. You are likely to have a view of the gardens or pool in the Conrad Suites.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:08 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by OsoJoe
The Ocean Suite is a suite in the regular part of the hotel with a view of the ocean. The Conrad Suites is a separate wing/building that has it's own exclusive pool and restaurant. The lounge(very good) is here also. You are likely to have a view of the gardens or pool in the Conrad Suites.
You can, however, pay to upgrade to a Conrad Ocean Suite with views of the Indian ocean.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sonomawine

Yes an Oceanview Suite have a better view than A Conrad Suite. Regular Conrad Suite do not have front Ocean View. They are angled 90deg related to ocean so partial view only, If you plan to stay in the Conrad Suites only Conrad Suite Ocean View have a direct view on ocean. It is a separate building attached to the regular Conrad Suite building with only 4 Suites having the front ocean view. (2 on second floor and 2 on thrid floor) The balconies are big, twice the size of the regular Conrad suite balconies. I was in one of those last week and loved it.

The 2 rooms on the first floor have private plunge pools but not much of ocean view and the 2 rooms on the 4th floor are Penthouse (closed for renovation at this time)
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
We were in an ocean suite last year and the views were fantastic. The suite was on a corner of the building right over the pool so that view was great and we had two balconies - one off the bedroom that was a side ocean view and one off the living room that was ocean front. The conrad suites are a bit larger but I would take the ocean suite any day just for the views. You have access to the lounge and the walk over to the building where the lounge and the conrad suites are is not too bad.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:47 pm

Thank you for all the responses. We have booked an Ocean Suite. There are only twin Conrad Ocean suites available, but should a king one open, we will give it a try.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:22 pm

Just learned they have only one Conrad Ocean Suite King in inventory, the rest, I think three, are twins. As the twins are actually two queen size beds, we went with that option.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:24 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Regarding this benefit when staying in the Conrad Suites:

unlimited laundry and dry cleaning service
Does laundry include items such as...ahem...one's undies, socks, etc.? TIA.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Regarding this benefit when staying in the Conrad Suites:

Does laundry include items such as...ahem...one's undies, socks, etc.? TIA.
When we were there in 2011 it was your typical laundry what ever you want to put in the bag, back the same day. Was a great benefit

Last edited by JONEZY00; Apr 9, 2013 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JONEZY00
When we were there in 2011 it was your typical laundry what ever you want to put in the bag, back the same day. Was a great benefit
I was there 1 month ago and I can confirm it is still the case, everything is included. ^

For those concerned with the 2 beds they can transform them in a huge ''Emperor'' bed so no penalty to get those rooms. The balcony is probably 30ft wide... Ocean front view, best rooms of the hotel exept the penthouses

Conrad Suites is a hotel within the hotel and is really great. The staff working there is also outstanding. Only good things to say about this resort.

Last edited by 767300ER; Apr 12, 2013 at 12:43 pm
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:37 am

Great tour of Conrad Bali (skip first couple of mins):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGQaPCrxzS4
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Conrad Suites is a hotel within the hotel and is really great. The staff working there is also outstanding. Only good things to say about this resort.
+1

Great hotel! Stayed there 3 times on points and always received a suite upgrade. Nice lounge with cocktails and addicting home made chips. Great saff as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.