Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by speedlog
Besides the quiet zone pool, are there any other no kid areas? Can we bring her to the complimentary tea time and happy hour?
Only Ithaa at dinner. Yes, you can take kids to Afternoon Tea.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Did you bring your own food, and were there diapers there? I'm happy to bring enough in case it's exorbitantly expensive.
We brought some snacks for her that she liked, but she found plenty to eat at the breakfast buffet, afternoon tea time, happy hour and from the kids menu in the evenings at the restaurants.

I think you need to bring your own diapers (we did). There is no supermarket / minimarket here where you could buy them.

Besides the quiet zone pool, are there any other no kid areas? Can we bring her to the complimentary tea time and happy hour?
As MaldivesFreak mentioned, no kids at Ithaa for dinner, but she was able to go down there with one of the guys from the kids club. We never went there as a family - I think it's way too expensive for what it is.

No issues at the daily afternoon tea time at Mandhoo and happy hour at Vilu.

Did you use the babysitting service?
We only used it once during our first stay, but I don't remember what it was like. Most likely, it was a positive experience (else I would remember if we would have had any issues... ).
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lizs
Hello all! Still daydreaming about returning to the Conrad. In the meantime though, I have completed some reviews:

Beach Villa Review
Deluxe Beach Villa Review
Superior Water Villa Review

I'm still working on wrapping up reviews on the restaurants, activities, and general thoughts but figured I'd get these room ones up now! I don't do a ton of trip reports so still getting my bearings as far as photos and such but hopefully these are helpful.
Fab reviews!

You mentioned in your review that closing the curtains in the DBV was an "endeavour" .... but all it took was one button and all nine curtains were raised or lowered electrically altogether

Do the SWV have 5.1 Bose Surround Sound System and the outdoor speakers, like they do in the DWV? We were playing our music quite loudly we thought but when we asked our neighbours one day - they had no issues with noise at all
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:12 am

deleted

Last edited by mileageking; Oct 1, 2017 at 8:39 am Reason: meant to complement lizs
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:27 am

Hello all! Still daydreaming about returning to the Conrad. In the meantime though, I have completed some reviews:

Beach Villa Review

I'm still working on wrapping up reviews on the restaurants, activities, and general thoughts but figured I'd get these room ones up now! I don't do a ton of trip reports so still getting my bearings as far as photos and such but hopefully these are helpful.
Hi lizs.

I've read through your reviews ^ and I'd like to make a couple of comments and suggestions if I may.

1. Conrad Maldives Beach Villa Review: Just thought I'd let you know that out of the 79 villas on land, your room is only one of 3 or 4 that have a direct view to the ocean. The others are laid out in which the pathways to the beach wind a little left and right so you cannot see the villa from the beach and vice versa. You got unlucky with that villa assignment.

2. Conrad Maldives Deluxe Beach Villa Review: When you say "The Conrad Maldives Deluxe Beach Villa (DBV) and Beach Villa differ in a few key ways:", you could add that the DBVs are free-standing units and aren't attached to other villas like the BVs are.

3. Conrad Maldives Superior Water Villa Review:
* "Unfortunately, no matter your Hilton status, getting an upgrade from a standard Beach Villa to a Water Villa is basically unheard of." Not quite unheard of but still not that common.
* When you say "All the water villas are on the bottom island of the resort map" it gives the impression that all the water villas on the property are on the smaller island. I assume you mean "All the water villas in that category are on the bottom island of the resort map"
* And the above sentence is missing a period.
* Under 'Conrad Maldives Room Types: Final Thoughts', you have "Water Villa: Most recently renovated and modern, biggest interior space, least privacy" where it should be "Beach Villa: Most recently renovated and modern, biggest interior space, least privacy"

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 1, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Do the SWV have 5.1 Bose Surround Sound System and the outdoor speakers, like they do in the DWV? We were playing our music quite loudly we thought but when we asked our neighbours one day - they had no issues with noise at all
Yes.

Originally Posted by mileageking
alanslegal, nice reviews of all three villas, thanks for sharing. ^
Actually they are lizs'.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:37 am

Beach Villa Review

Fantastic reviews lizs, thanks for posting. ^
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak

Actually they are lizs'.
Thanks for correcting. ^
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by goliath
We brought some snacks for her that she liked, but she found plenty to eat at the breakfast buffet, afternoon tea time, happy hour and from the kids menu in the evenings at the restaurants.

I think you need to bring your own diapers (we did). There is no supermarket / minimarket here where you could buy them.

As MaldivesFreak mentioned, no kids at Ithaa for dinner, but she was able to go down there with one of the guys from the kids club. We never went there as a family - I think it's way too expensive for what it is.

No issues at the daily afternoon tea time at Mandhoo and happy hour at Vilu.

We only used it once during our first stay, but I don't remember what it was like. Most likely, it was a positive experience (else I would remember if we would have had any issues... ).
Thank you for the advice goliath and MaldivesFreak! We will plan accordingly. Probably not going to go for an upgraded room, the BV should be more than adequate.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Booked in a 5 night stay for our upcoming Honeymoon in May 2018 and asked for upgrade rates from the Beach Villa to the water villa and got the following upgrade rates (which are inclusive of a 20% discount from the normal upgrade rates?)

Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD640+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - USD800+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Premier Water Villa - USD1600+ taxes per night

Bit higher than the wiki above, especially during the low season? Although I didn't use any of the contact details from the wiki - just replied to the booking email which had a welcome message from one of the staff.

Wonder if I can reduce the rates somehow?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the reviews everyone! Especially alanslegal and MaldivesFreak for the items to clarify/correct. There is so much to say about the Conrad, while still trying to remain clear, it's easy to overlook stuff!

Alan, we didn't use the Bose system but did see it. If we had been in the SWV for more than 2 nights probably would have set it up.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by slodki
Booked in a 5 night stay for our upcoming Honeymoon in May 2018

Bit higher than the wiki above, especially during the low season?
The first eleven days of May is high season (as per the wiki). What are your dates?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The first eleven days of May is high season (as per the wiki). What are your dates?
We're staying at the end of May, hence the surprise
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:11 am

Who are you dealing with in the reservations department? Maybe you can write back and just ask for upgrade rates for, say, the 10th of May so you can compare. Maybe if they have accidentally carried the high season rates through they will wake up to the fact.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:14 am

The rates for low season seem to slide, rather than step down. Immediately after high season in May, I got a superior water villa for $210 a night as an upgrade, but I've seen this drop down to around $150 a night later into the low season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.