Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by chongl
The wife is pregnant and we are booked for July as well so I reached out to the hotel about 2 months ago and got this response:

Related to your question below, there have not been any cases reported on Zika and Aedes virus from Rangali island. Currently we conduct mosquito fogging on our island 2-3 times a week and each guest villa is equipped with insect repellant that has a DEET diethyltoluamide) strength of 30% to 50% as recommended by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

We carry out monthly island clean-up at our resort to ensure there is no stagnant water located around the resort which could be breeding environments for mosquitoes. This includes ensuring covering of all water storage containers, changing water in vases and bowls and removing water from flower pot plates located around the resort.
Thanks for that, chongl. Time for a safety section on the wiki.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:31 am

There's a nice review posted on TripAdvisor just a couple of days ago wth more than 30 pics, some of them being the most decent pics posted there in a long time. Take a look: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...li_Island.html

Here are a couple

A nice B&W pic of Sunset Grill

And on the other side of the coin we have this pic (from a different review)

The DBV looks like a small hut!
Old May 23, 2017, 11:13 am

Don't make the same mistake I made and miss promotions like this one:

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/H..._15194/landing

I think I left over 46,000 points on the table for failing to register. In my defense this promotion started the day I left to get married.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:30 pm

That's quadruple if Diamond and Points & Points earning style selected. Would be nice to have a 10K spend there and receive 400K.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; May 24, 2017 at 2:11 am
Old May 23, 2017, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Don't make the same mistake I made and miss promotions like this one:

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/H..._15194/landing

I think I left over 46,000 points on the table for failing to register. In my defense this promotion started the day I left to get married.
I just pulled in a nice haul after last weeks stay at Conrad Bora Bora, hopefully something similar shows up for my Conrad Maldives trip later in the year.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Stayed at the start of the month (cash stay) and received a total of 265,000 points

I had thought Hilton maxed out at 100k/stay??
Old May 26, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffers
Stayed at the start of the month (cash stay) and received a total of 265,000 points

I had thought Hilton maxed out at 100k/stay??
100k base points.

My last stay at Rangali got me 330k. 100k base points + double points + 50% points&points + 50% Dia bonus + 15 x 2k per night from some Conrad promo.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by goliath
100k base points.

My last stay at Rangali got me 330k. 100k base points + double points + 50% points&points + 50% Dia bonus + 15 x 2k per night from some Conrad promo.
They shortchanged you 1k.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
They shortchanged you 1k.
It was 331k, indeed.

My notes say:

Double Your Honors + 15x LRM 2k Offer + 1k Diamond MyWay
Old May 28, 2017, 10:32 am

New occupancy rules for BVs

This hasn't been posted before and I don't think is new as far as resort policy goes but it most certainly warrants a mention here.

The occupancy rules have changed. These changes apply to the newly renovated BVs only. There is now a maximum of 4 adult occupants (or 2 adults, 2 children* and an infant, max 5 occupants) allowed in a Beach Villa (King or Twin). For those not familiar with the previous maximums, they used to allow only a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children*.

You could argue this is for the better though I suppose you could also argue it's for the worse, depending on the situation. By that I mean I've read in a couple of places and heard from a couple of people that they didn't usually charge the fee for the third adult (not sure whether this was limited to waiving the fee on points bookings but charging it for cash stays) but I suppose now they will. As is typical of Hilton, the BV page on their website hasn't yet been updated to reflect the change but the booking process will show BVs when choosing 4 adults in the occupancy field.

The fees for each extra adult are $97.50+++ ($126.12 all up), and naturally this includes breakfast. A summary using current low season rates (discounted BAR of 357.50+++) is below:
Beach Villa for 2 adults USD452.44 per villa per night including all taxes, service charge and daily breakfast
Beach Villa for 3 adults USD578.56 per villa per night including all taxes, service charge and daily breakfast
Beach Villa for 4 adults USD704.68 per villa per night including all taxes, service charge and daily breakfast

I'm not sure that these extras charges now apply to children under 12. I presume not but I will have the answer tomorrow.

Note that the DBVs have the same occupancy rules as usual. It remains to be seen whether there will be room for, or they will allow, one more occupant once renovations are complete. I will try to get an answer to that as well but I'm not expecting one.

I've also received a PDF titled 'New Look Beach Villas at ConradMaldives'. It was written prior to the completion of the refurbishments and details the design concept, amount invested etc, and with 'before & after' comparisons. The purple walls are also mentioned, LOL! If anyone wants a copy I'll send you one once I've made sure it's for public comsumption.

* Children in the Maldives are classed as being between the ages of 2 and 11. Once a child turns 12 they are classed as an adult.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Indeed, I'd be interested in the PDF. thx, MF.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:31 am

Renovations?

Maldives Freak - you mentioned renovations of the DBVs in your post? When are those happening? And what are they doing? (We arrive on Thursday! )
Old May 29, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Julesthom
Maldives Freak - you mentioned renovations of the DBVs in your post? When are those happening? And what are they doing? (We arrive on Thursday! )
When we were there in Jan / Feb they said they didn't have a definite timeframe but it might have already started. Here's an excerpt from the latest review on TA
Originally Posted by Review by Ann L
We spent three nights in the Beach villa with pool, which we absolutely loved, including the outdoor shower and bath (although they are beginning the process of adding indoor versions as well)
Hopefully they'll be enclosing the outdoor vanity area like they did with the BVs. I'll follow up on that when I call them tomorrow.

A few more data points from an email I received today:

* there are now no Best Rates PDFs. The reason they don't have rate sheets is because now they have a, quote "dynamic rate".

* I have been offered an upgrade in July from BV to DBV for USD 137.50++. That's a little lower than the lowest in the wiki so I'll add that in due course. Unfortunately on the dates in question there are no WVs available so I can't comment on those.

* Seaplane Transfer: The seaplane company promises the resort to transfer all the guests within 2 hours of arrival at the seaplane terminal. In our 5 trips to Rangali we've never been told this so I asked if it was something new and they replied
This was the condition before also but sometime this is not informed to guests and after receiving feedbacks from guests we started including this information in our communication.
So I guess we can assume that the average waiting time usually doesn't exceed 2 hours. Will add that to the wiki.

That's about it for now. Will post with more as soon as I have it.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:34 pm

Anyone know the cost in Points of the Superior Water Villa for Feb?

I see the Beach Villa is 95k points. Curious to know how much the other ones are.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by EvaUnitAammar
Anyone know the cost in Points of the Superior Water Villa for Feb?

I see the Beach Villa is 95k points. Curious to know how much the other ones are.
Around 400K/night IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.