Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:06 am

Thanks for pointing that out in the wiki. Found another error in there as well. Have adjusted it.

And yes, the first 3 in that list definitely only have a maximum occupancy of 3 adults. Not sure about the PWV but from memory only suites and the SunWVs allow more than 3 adults. Will have to check a PDF when I am at the other PC to make sure of the max occupancy so will give an update later.

And I keep missing Areef in the reservations department when I call so will have more detailed info and be able to tell you whether the PDF is distributable or not when I finally catch up with him. I also heard today that the $97.50+++ is for low, shoulder and high seasons and there is a separate price for festive season (of which I will also ask Areef about).
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks for pointing that out in the wiki. Found another error in there as well. Have adjusted it.

And yes, the first 3 in that list definitely only have a maximum occupancy of 3 adults. Not sure about the PWV but from memory only suites and the SunWVs allow more than 3 adults. Will have to check a PDF when I am at the other PC to make sure of the max occupancy so will give an update later.

And I keep missing Areef in the reservations department when I call so will have more detailed info and be able to tell you whether the PDF is distributable or not when I finally catch up with him. I also heard today that the $97.50+++ is for low, shoulder and high seasons and there is a separate price for festive season (of which I will also ask Areef about).
Thanks - if i understand right, the extra $97.50 pp would be for cash-stay. Not sure if for points-stay, they would have a diff extra pppn cost (if charged). So will see if anyone can share DP

Btw, is it true that kids eat free - if order from kids menu ? Read about it somewhere, and not sure if it comes with strings attached or conditions in some way
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:46 pm

If you're using the 5th night free benefit can you still upgrade the room? And would you have to pay the upgrade fee on 4 nights of 5 nights?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by captainamerica
If you're using the 5th night free benefit can you still upgrade the room? And would you have to pay the upgrade fee on 4 nights of 5 nights?
Yes you can and if you want to upgrade all 5 nights you will need to pay the fee for all 5 nights.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks - if i understand right, the extra $97.50 pp would be for cash-stay. Not sure if for points-stay, they would have a diff extra pppn cost (if charged). So will see if anyone can share DP
Will call them today but I can tell you now it's highly unlikely there would be different rates just because you're on points. At least they don't do silly things like that at Rangali. It's whether they will charge the fee or not, at least for the 3rd adult if there are only 3 of you.

Originally Posted by gnomey
Btw, is it true that kids eat free - if order from kids menu ? Read about it somewhere, and not sure if it comes with strings attached or conditions in some way
The kids menu is without prices so yes, kids eat free at Atoll Market by default and anywhere else they have the menu.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 1, 2017 at 9:55 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
When we were there last month with 2 kids aged 3 and 6 we often ate at Rangali bar. We ordered off the kids menu (where the meals were priced about 20 USD each). However once the bill came, the kids meals weren't on the bill. I thought at first it was a mistake but all 3 times it was like this. We had been told the kids would eat free at atoll market but nothing was mentioned about elsewhere. I have no idea if this is standard practice but this was our experience. It was a nice surprise considering the total spend we had.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by englisha
When we were there last month with 2 kids aged 3 and 6 we often ate at Rangali bar. We ordered off the kids menu (where the meals were priced about 20 USD each). However once the bill came, the kids meals weren't on the bill. I thought at first it was a mistake but all 3 times it was like this. We had been told the kids would eat free at atoll market but nothing was mentioned about elsewhere. I have no idea if this is standard practice but this was our experience. It was a nice surprise considering the total spend we had.
Yeah, definitely a nice perk to have. Worth more esp if the kid has big appetite lol
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
With the upgrades, sometimes you don't get the email with offers so you have to be proactive.

Most definitely overnight in MLE, otherwise you're basically throwing away 76K. IIRC there's an 8PM flight out to Maamigili where you transfer to speedboat and then on to the resort. You'll arrive at Rangali somewhere around 9:30PM and by the time you've checked in it will be 11.....and you'll have lost the whole day.
Time flies in paradise and every second is precious. 5 nights will fly by, that I can assure you so if you overnight and get the first seaplane out and get to the resort at a reasonably late '10AM', you'll be far less tired and you'll have saved yourself a whole 9-10hours of daylight, plus have an extra evening!

Definitely skip MLE. Nothing really to see or do. Once you see it on the flight in and have experienced the resort you'll fully understand why I don't recommend it. I mean if you were going for 15 days then maybe see Male on the way back. Otherwise give it a miss.

My 2c.

And yeah, IMHO go for the SWV. Check out the 'Standard Water Villa vs. Superior Water Villa' post (also in the sig).
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. We may just get to the resort that night, unfortunately we are more limited on overall honeymoon time. Alas, that's what jobs make us do.

For sure will try to UG. I'll reach out to the hotel. Will keep you all posted.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:31 am

Can you upgrade your room in advance? I called hilton and they said I have to upgrade when I arrive and most likely everything will be sold out. Is this true or was the person wrong?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Can you upgrade your room in advance? I called hilton and they said I have to upgrade when I arrive and most likely everything will be sold out. Is this true or was the person wrong?
Don't contact Hilton. The resort itself provides the upgrades, so as the Wiki states, you should contact them directly via email if you haven't been contacted after making the reservation. Tell them what you're looking for in terms of an upgrade or ask for the upgrade price for all of their villas. With me they first just quoted the upgrade for an OWV until I asked for the whole run of their upgrades.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:05 pm

Longtime lurker, first time... whatever this is.

The Missus and I are adventurous folk, but we're not lawbreaking folk. Are the outdoor areas in and around the units private enough for a bit of open-air hanky panky under the Maldivian sun?

I've not seen this question addressed elsewhere, and I can't be the only one wondering.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:30 pm

They have holding cells on the staff island. Be careful.

Kidding.

What a great question
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
If the deck or outdoor bath or deck of your villa isn't private enough, you can always book the private island tour.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ThePrurientInterest
Longtime lurker, first time... whatever this is.

The Missus and I are adventurous folk, but we're not lawbreaking folk. Are the outdoor areas in and around the units private enough for a bit of open-air hanky panky under the Maldivian sun?

I've not seen this question addressed elsewhere, and I can't be the only one wondering.
Best question I have EVER seen on FT. Knock it out on your deck, and if anyone is bothered they are looking too hard. I stay at the end of the year and will try it out, so if you still need an answer by then I'll let you know.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by ThePrurientInterest
Are the outdoor areas in and around the units private enough for a bit of open-air hanky panky under the Maldivian sun?
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Best question I have EVER seen on FT. Knock it out on your deck, and if anyone is bothered they are looking too hard. I stay at the end of the year and will try it out, so if you still need an answer by then I'll let you know.
ROFLOL! And an equally great answer!

If you're talking about beach villas then the standard BVs have only the outdoor bath area (which is perfect for that kind of activity) and the patio which is somewhat less a special or interesting place to do it. Note that the bath areas are right at the edge of the pathways and so it might be prudent to keep the noise down!

If you have a DBV (Deluxe) then there's the outdoor bath area and the pool between the patio and the beach. Good also. The deck on a OWV is another place to consider. We had 601 at Iru Fushi (of which the deck could be seen from the beach) and we didn't care much although the distance was about 100m or so so people would've had to have binoculars to properly see what was going on. There were a few people on the sunbathers at the time but no-one noticed.
The OWVs at Rangali are a little different because they are all shielded save for 301-312 facing the sunset-facing RWVs but there's a good 500m between them so almost zero chance you will be noticed or spied upon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.