Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:36 am

Fair enough as only the basics are noted in the wiki. I've added the extra details. Cheers.

Also, it lists the price for this in the best rates PDF but I don't have a copy on the PC that I'm currently using. Can anyone let me know the current price (preferably from the 2017 Best Rates PDF) for this and I'll add it to the wiki. AFAICR it's something like 3K++ for a round trip. TIA.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:53 pm

Can every thread on FT be active like this one.......
Old May 12, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Try Vilu for Breakfast

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Arrived an hour ago after a very quick turnaround from our flight into MLE (we were only in the lounge for fifteen minutes). First impressions, this place is outstanding. Waiting for our room to be ready, managed to get 342. Had a burger and sangria at Rangali Bar and so far the food does not disappoint. I stayed at the CKS last year and was not impressed by their F&B, so this is a relief.
Hi HZ,

Try F&B at Vilu for Breakfast, Ahmed and his team will look after you, great selection.

I'm currently staying at the Hilton Glasgow, had my first Happy Hour in the Exec Lounge earlier this eve thinking of the last Happy Hour I was at was at Rangali.

Hope you have a great stay. It really is a special place.

Cheers

SR
http://TripRep.WordPress.com
Old May 13, 2017, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Can every thread on FT be active like this one.......
Now that's wishful thinking.
Old May 13, 2017, 9:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
How I felt on the first morning at Atoll... I had been drifting through various buffet towns for almost two weeks in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Hadahaa, but I had suddenly stumbled onto a buffet city. The suburbs of this city spread far and wide, and the diversity was vast.
Old May 13, 2017, 9:58 pm

Rains hit hard yesterday before dinner for an hour and a half and our villa 342 developed a leak. Took an offer from guest services to move to a retreat water villa for the rest of our trip. Everyone here is really nice and helpful. Atoll the first breakfast was good, Vilu was better.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:10 am

That's a shame as that's one of the better corner units, if not the best one. Which RWV did you get? Hopefully they gave you 421.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
That's a shame as that's one of the better corner units, if not the best one. Which RWV did you get? Hopefully they gave you 421.
We didn't get 421 which would have been great. We got 408 which is a good sunrise side unit but not the most private of the lot with the way they positioned the units to our right. I prefer this side because, well the villa is larger, better layout in my opinion. Blinds are motorized, access to the shower from the deck, more space between villas. And the fact that I'm awake at 6:30 means I can watch the sun rise. Whereas with the sunset villas, I'm usually at dinner when the sun sets. The current is strong this time of the year as well, so this side is much better suited for swimming off the deck.

Weather has been stellar with a little rain and clouds but plenty of sunshine. We stopped doing afternoon tea because we are too full before dinner. Something we wish we had figured out before we had the lobster and champagne dinner. Did not eat or drink nearly enough for what that dinner cost. :P
Old May 16, 2017, 11:32 pm

How's the weather there the last couple of days? I see, at least from the Mahibadhoo weather station, it's been raining quite a lot (anywhere from 15mm to 60mm a day) and the forecast isn't so good for the next few as well.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
How's the weather there the last couple of days? I see, at least from the Mahibadhoo weather station, it's been raining quite a lot (anywhere from 15mm to 60mm a day) and the forecast isn't so good for the next few as well.
Up until last night you couldn't fault the weather, but the winds are the biggest issue, not so much the rain now. It did rain quite a bit last night though, but other than that we only had three or four hours of rain the past six days.

We leave today. It's overcast now but the winds make being outside a bit rough. Winds are at 20mph with plenty of gusts. Kinda feels like Florida the day before a hurricane.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, United Gold
A question for those of you who have been to the Conrad Rangali or are there right now: Is Zika of particular concern at the property? Or are certain islands affected more than others? My wife and I are planning to go in July but the threat of Zika carrying mosquitoes (especially during rainy season) leaves us a bit hesitant.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The Maldives are in (the highest) category 1 on the WHO Zika virus classification table.

More info in the WHO Q&A.

I don't think anybody could give you any specifics on Rangali that would provide reliable help in your decision if Zika is a concern of yours.

Personally, I would consider the risk minimal. If my quick search was reliable, there was one reported case of Zika in the Maldives - Source: WHO.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:23 am

Yes, only the single case so far in the Maldives. I made a post about this maybe a year or so back. Good to see there haven't been any new cases. And you practically never see mosquitoes at Rangali (and most of the resorts too, I believe), let alone get bitten, so I would worry at all.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The wife is pregnant and we are booked for July as well so I reached out to the hotel about 2 months ago and got this response:

Related to your question below, there have not been any cases reported on Zika and Aedes virus from Rangali island. Currently we conduct mosquito fogging on our island 2-3 times a week and each guest villa is equipped with insect repellant that has a DEET diethyltoluamide) strength of 30% to 50% as recommended by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

We carry out monthly island clean-up at our resort to ensure there is no stagnant water located around the resort which could be breeding environments for mosquitoes. This includes ensuring covering of all water storage containers, changing water in vases and bowls and removing water from flower pot plates located around the resort.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:09 am

Under attack!

Speaking of danger.....

Exactly the same place I got clawed on the head in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.