Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
You should get dinner at the Quiet Zone. Also reasonably priced, lovely atmosphere near the water, you might have the place to yourself.
+1 ^ Agree
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
When did the Ufaa menu change occur? Last few visits were underwhelming. Willing to give it another go if the menu change was recent.
It was somewhere around 18 months after it opened. The changes had already been implemented about a year before we arrived in Feb this year so that makes it roughly March 2016 give or take a few months. They (well, the Chinese customers) weren't at all satisfied with the 'fusion' cuisine (as was no surprise to us, I think only Jereme Leung was surprised, LOL) and so they changed the head chef and with that came the new menu. When we were there this year we had a chat with Nizam (ex-Mandhoo, Vilu, IVD manager) who is now running it. We learned that the menu had changed and wanted to have a look at the new one just out of curiosity (we live in China so we never ever eat Chinese food outside of the country as it's aways, and I repeat always, sub-standard). We noticed that the items were fairly traditional dishes and ones that would appeal to both mainland Chinese and a non-Chinese palate.
Nizam was kind enough to give us a few samples and they were pretty good. Now 'pretty good' is a real compliment as everywhere else you go it's pretty bad. It's not real Chinese food because it's been changed to suit a Western / European taste, but the dishes we had were pretty genuine considering they don't re-use the oil and use only the freshest ingredients, best oils etc.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
You should get dinner at the Quiet Zone. Also reasonably priced, lovely atmosphere near the water, you might have the place to yourself.
Just remember to allow a good 30-45 minutes for the food to arrive as it's cooked in the same kitchen that serves both Atoll Market and Rangali Bar.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:31 pm

If I use my HH points to book 2 beach villas, across the same dates, one for myself + others, and another for other family members, will my Gold / Diamond benefits extend to the second villa as well? Like, will the second villa occupants also get free breakfast etc?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:58 am

Should we get the Peking duck at Ufaa or Lobster at Rangali bar tonight?

Decisions decisions......
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
If I use my HH points to book 2 beach villas, across the same dates, one for myself + others, and another for other family members, will my Gold / Diamond benefits extend to the second villa as well? Like, will the second villa occupants also get free breakfast etc?
One room & two persons only. Even if you booked only one room for 3 people, the benefits would only apply to 2 of the 3.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:55 am

Also I'll be the 10002nd person to say that, even cocktails at Ithaa is a garbage experience.

Kicking myself for ever thinking that was a 'bucket list' thing to do.

Would have rather fed that $185 to the crabs.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:46 am

On a positive note, we thoroughly enjoyed the snorkeling past Mandhoo!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by enwhycee
Should we get the Peking duck at Ufaa or Lobster at Rangali bar tonight?

Decisions decisions......
Tough, isn't it. Even if you don't like seafood more than duck then take my Maldivian-lobster-crazy girlfriend's advice and, well, take the lobster.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Get family member to sign up to credit card that has HH gold status, transfer points across to family member, family member books in their name = possible solution?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:23 am

Works.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by SR12
One room & two persons only. Even if you booked only one room for 3 people, the benefits would only apply to 2 of the 3.
yes, this i know. but i am asking a diff question relating to second villa where i am not the primary guest since i obviously cannot physically live in 2 villas at the same time.

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Get family member to sign up to credit card that has HH gold status, transfer points across to family member, family member books in their name = possible solution?
yes, this is the other plan i have in mind. just trying to see if i can extend
my Gold/Diamond benefits to a person in the second villa without having him applying for a cc. maybe AU benefits? need to check on amex plat or Hilton card
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
yes, this i know. but i am asking a diff question relating to second villa where i am not the primary guest since i obviously cannot physically live in 2 villas at the same time.
SR12's answer still applies:

Originally Posted by SR12
One room & two persons only.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Tough, isn't it. Even if you don't like seafood more than duck then take my Maldivian-lobster-crazy girlfriend's advice and, well, take the lobster.
I will take your MLCG's advice and go for it! Thanks MF!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by enwhycee
I will take your MLCG's advice and go for it! Thanks MF!
I might as well start calling her MLF on FlyerTalk from now on, LOL.
Enjoy the lobster and be sure to report if the price has gone up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.