Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tangey
So is complementary Mandhoo afternoon tea a benefit, but an unoffical one ?
Nope it's official for Gold/Diamond. They ask you for your room number.

Originally Posted by freeloader
from the website, quiet zone pool is closed now until sept 20...

hopefully they get it operational by my arrival in october!!
Yup, was still in mid construction there earlier this week.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
We have never paid for kids breakfast, but do of course have to pay when ordering from the kids menu at various restauarants. It has never been a "kids eat free at this property".
We've had the same experience - I never heard of "kids eat free" here. I'll be able to report back if anything has changed in 4 weeks...

(we never went to the evening buffet, maybe we'll try it this time)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:49 am

I think I read or heard somewhere that it is free for kids but only at Atoll Market. It's the only outlet that doesn't have a kids menu. But don't take that for gospel.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:48 pm

So it seems like based on various DP, it is free for kids to eat, as long as

- eating happens at Atoll market
- meal is breakfast or dinner buffet

?

This seems to match the information here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...MV-MLE-6680629 but they are talking more abt half board vs full board though. I doubt all the posters above were on half board and full board plan. so I guess the same rule applies throughout regardless of whether you are on meal plan.

• Half board - includes a buffet dinner in Atoll Market restaurant. All beverages are at additional cost. A USD $100 credit per adult will apply for the other restaurants should you wish to dine around. Please note that no credit will be offered in the Rangali Bar, Quiet Zone or for in villa dining. Children under 12 receive complimentary dinner when with parents at Atoll Market restaurant only. A 50% discount is offered from the adult a la carte menu for children aged 6-11 years old; children under 6 years eat for free.

• Full Board – guests booking this option will receive ‘Premium Full Board’ which includes lunch and dinner, both with unlimited beverages served during meals (house wines, beers, non-alcoholic soft beverages and a cocktail selection). This includes a three course lunch in either the Mandhoo Restaurant or in Ufaa by Jereme Lang, dinner is included at the Atoll Market (buffet) or a credit of US$75 per person per night may be applied to food (no credit will be given at the Rangali Bar, Quiet Zone or in villa dining and no credit will be offered for lunch). Children eat free of charge from the children’s menu, a 50% discount is offered from the adult a la carte menu for children aged 6-11 years old; children under six years old eat for free.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:50 pm

If I pay the seaplane transfer with my Hilton Reserve Card, will I get 10x as hotel spent or only 3x points as travel spent?

By the way, here are the upgrade quotes offered for our early Jan stay after negotiating:

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Water Villa US$ 270 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 332.64 per night including all the taxes)

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 350+ 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 431.20 per night including all the taxes)

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 350 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 431.20 per night including all the taxes)

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 550 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 677.60 per night including all the taxes)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tangey
So is complementary Mandhoo afternoon tea a benefit, but an unoffical one ?
This is the welcome letter I received last month, which is the first benefit.

As for the bath amenities, I chose two out of the three
Attached Images  
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
This seems to match the information here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...MV-MLE-6680629
I wouldn't take anything too literally on that website. Filled with errors. Some examples:
* SUNSET WATER VILLA Sleeps 2 (yeah, right!)
* Bicycle rentals (really?)
* Rangali Bar - Open for lunch and dinner, from 10am to 12am (it's open til 1AM but might have closed at midnight many many years ago)
* Vilu Restaurant offers contemporary Mediterranean cuisine with an Asian twist and showcases an exceptional wine collection. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open from 7am to 11pm (since when has Vilu been open for lunch?! And it's closed Wednesdays and Saturdays.....)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by MissVacation
If I pay the seaplane transfer with my Hilton Reserve Card, will I get 10x as hotel spent or only 3x points as travel spent?
This is discussed a page or so back and is also in the wiki.

Originally Posted by MissVacation
By the way, here are the upgrade quotes offered for our early Jan stay after negotiating:

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Water Villa US$ 270 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 332.64 per night including all the taxes)

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 350+ 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 431.20 per night including all the taxes)

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 350 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 431.20 per night including all the taxes)

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 550 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night. (USD 677.60 per night including all the taxes)
Thanks. Have updated the wiki with BV-WV.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by gnomey

• Half board - includes a buffet dinner in Atoll Market restaurant. All beverages are at additional cost. A USD $100 credit per adult will apply for the other restaurants should you wish to dine around. Please note that no credit will be offered in the Rangali Bar, Quiet Zone or for in villa dining. Children under 12 receive complimentary dinner when with parents at Atoll Market restaurant only. A 50% discount is offered from the adult a la carte menu for children aged 6-11 years old; children under 6 years eat for free.

• Full Board – guests booking this option will receive ‘Premium Full Board’ which includes lunch and dinner, both with unlimited beverages served during meals (house wines, beers, non-alcoholic soft beverages and a cocktail selection). This includes a three course lunch in either the Mandhoo Restaurant or in Ufaa by Jereme Lang, dinner is included at the Atoll Market (buffet) or a credit of US$75 per person per night may be applied to food (no credit will be given at the Rangali Bar, Quiet Zone or in villa dining and no credit will be offered for lunch). Children eat free of charge from the children’s menu, a 50% discount is offered from the adult a la carte menu for children aged 6-11 years old; children under six years old eat for free.
How much is it for half board and full board?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:45 am

Half board is $100++. There are no all-inclusive packages at Rangali via Hilton and its websites and AFAIK full board is not offered by the resort. Perhaps it is available but not offered directly and something that you get through a travel agent. I suppose if you emailed them they might give us an answer.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 8, 2017 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:53 pm

What to eat?!

I need a little help with dining selection. I'll be arriving to Conrad on a Saturday morning and there through Wednesday morning (4 nights). It is for our honeymoon so the resort has offered us one complimentary dinner meal. We are also doing Ithaa on one of the days (planning for lunch).

I have HH Gold so I believe the breakfast buffet is included? What should I do about the other meals? Any restaurants that are recommended? Any ways to "save money" on the meals? I know Conrad is expensive, so wherever I can save a dime, that would be nice. My friend suggested we pack a lot of snacks and have it carry us over through dinner. Thoughts?

Thank!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Back to my post about kids pay 50% for breakfast, I emailed them and waiting for a reply.

We've been there 3 times and kids eat free at Atoll market for breakfast. Last year, they even have kids eat free (dinner) when adult ordered an entree..
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by reyam1105
I need a little help with dining selection. I'll be arriving to Conrad on a Saturday morning and there through Wednesday morning (4 nights). It is for our honeymoon so the resort has offered us one complimentary dinner meal. We are also doing Ithaa on one of the days (planning for lunch).

I have HH Gold so I believe the breakfast buffet is included? What should I do about the other meals? Any restaurants that are recommended? Any ways to "save money" on the meals? I know Conrad is expensive, so wherever I can save a dime, that would be nice. My friend suggested we pack a lot of snacks and have it carry us over through dinner. Thoughts?

Thank!
* Yes, breakfast will be included if you are not on a cash rate
* Recommended not-to-be-missed restauants are; Vilu, Mandhoo (your honeymoon dinner will be here) and Sunset Grill
* Saving money for dinner can be done by going to Afternoon Tea at Mandhoo (which you will qualify for with your Hilton status) and then snacks in room / Rangali Bar / no dinner for the evening
* A lot of people fill themselves half up on the bread (& butter / pesto etc) that you get with the meals and just order one main
* Take the room's bottled water with you to dinner. Some people do this to save money on bottled water which is pretty expensive
* Note that there are two sessions of lunch at Ithaa, the later one (from 2:30 til 4:30) might fill you up enough to skip dinner

Only 4 nights is a shame but a good selection would be;
Saturday night - very expensive option: Champagne and Lobster dinner (dinner on the beach, expensive (cheaper if you don't drink alcohol) but worth it and the only beach dinner you'll be able to do if you are looking at splurging once and doing one)
Saturday night - suggested option: Honeymoon Dinner
Saturday night - cheap option: snacks in room / Rangali Bar / no dinner for the evening

Sunday night - expensive option: Vilu (remember you can't do Vilu on the night you arrive as it's closed on Saturdays)
Sunday night - cheap option: snacks in room / Rangali Bar / no dinner for the evening

Monday night - expensive option: Buffet dinner at Atoll Market
Monday night - cheap option: snacks in room / Rangali Bar / no dinner for the evening

Tuesday night - expensive option: Sunset Grill
Tuesday night - cheap option: snacks in room / Rangali Bar / no dinner for the evening

* Note that your honeymoon dinner will be at Mandhoo (you can ony have it there) and it's closed Mondays.

My advice is not to try and save money at a place like this. The Maldives is, for most people, a once-in-a-lifetime experience so I do recommend spending more or putting a little more on the card. You won't regret it!

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 9, 2017 at 3:30 am Reason: Filled empty options, made adjustments & more suggestions
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by reyam1105

Thank!
Read my review a few posts back. You should be fine without having to bring snacks.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Well, it's been over a year since my trip but I finally started writing the TR!

So far I've done:

I'll add these to the wiki and let you guys know as I add more. Any advice or comments you may have are very welcome!

I've also uploaded a few videos from our RWV. These will feature in the next instalment of the TR:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.