Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Not sure which level you are, but I'd go with the following text from the HHonors site:
At HiltonŽ, ConradŽ Hotels & Resorts and DoubleTree by Hilton™, choose from:
  • A space-available room upgrade, including breakfast.**
    You will be upgraded to an Executive Floor room (where/when available) at time of check-in. If an Executive Floor room is unavailable, you will be upgraded to the next best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades exclude suites, villas and specialty accommodations. At hotels with Executive Floor lounges, if an Executive Floor room upgrade is available, you will also receive access to the lounge. In addition, you will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day of your stay.
  • Earn 1,000 Hilton HHonorsŽ bonus points per stay.
    A great way to maximize your points earnings.

At hotels without Executive Floor lounges, HHonors Gold and Diamond Members will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for themselves and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day. If breakfast is included in the room rate, you'll receive an alternate welcome amenity that varies by hotel.
The underlining and italics is my emphasis but I think are the key points here - the fact that they don't have an EL doesn't change the fact that they should be giving you sufficient credit for breakfast!
Taken from http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/gold.do
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:25 pm

I am HHonors Gold. Wonderful, thank you. Just emailed them, we'll see what they say, and hopefully they refund the money from this morning's breakfast!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by lex12
I am HHonors Gold. Wonderful, thank you. Just emailed them, we'll see what they say, and hopefully they refund the money from this morning's breakfast!
No problem, fingers-crossed :P Let us know how you get on!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
California: Palm Springs Hilton: Continental breakfast or $8.50 credit toward anything on the restaurant menu; no lounge

Florida: Altamonte Springs Hilton: nice but small buffet in exec. lounge.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
No problem, fingers-crossed :P Let us know how you get on!
Update: well, they called back and said that the $10 will actually cover a "continental plate" which consists of fruit, bagel or toast, and coffee. That only costs $9.50. I will restate it again--worst breakfast experience at any Hilton I've ever stayed at as a Gold.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hilton Waikoloa Village (Waikoloa, HI--Big Island)

$10 voucher per day per adult guest. Continental breakfast (anything cold) is $17, so you're short $7 just to get cereal, bread, fruit, yogurt, etc. Full buffet is $30 I believe, so you are short $20/person. You can use the vouchers at other restaurants on the property (won't go very far). Worst breakfast experience at a Hilton property I have ever had. No self serve juices, dated interior dining, etc.
Last I recall this place was good was 2006. They still had a lounge back then.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:21 am

Update: well, they called back and said that the $10 will actually cover a "continental plate" which consists of fruit, bagel or toast, and coffee. That only costs $9.50. I will restate it again--worst breakfast experience at any Hilton I've ever stayed at as a Gold.
Wow - talk about bad customer service! I'd forward a complaint to HHonors as I think this is just taking the proverbial and also consider a wee posting on TripAdvisor
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Wow - talk about bad customer service! I'd forward a complaint to HHonors as I think this is just taking the proverbial and also consider a wee posting on TripAdvisor
Definitely post a TA review. A lot of times the management does read them and will take action.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Just to say on a recent stay at Munich City I had no issue getting a full restaurant breakfast rather than a lounge one. I just queried at check-in if this was OK and they said no problem, it was just that apparently "many guests prefer the lounge as it's quieter". The spread on offer in the restauarnt was absolutely superb, one of the best I've had with Hilton so would definitely recommend going for that instead
German hotel breakfasts tend to be superb
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:56 pm

2nd Update: A call to the GM's office, and a lot of groaning on their part, provided 8 more $10 vouchers which will cover the cost of the full continental buffet for the remainder of the 5 days we are here.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:03 pm

2nd Update: A call to the GM's office, and a lot of groaning on their part, provided 8 more $10 vouchers which will cover the cost of the full continental buffet for the remainder of the 5 days we are here.
Nicely done, lex12 ^
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:37 am
soy

Programs: various
Update - Conrad Malidves no longer provides free breakfast for Diamonds - see the conrad's master thread for details

Last edited by soy; Dec 18, 2011 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Beverly Hilton (LA)

Bevery Hilton (Los Angeles/Beverly Hills, CA). Voucher for continental breakfastt in Resturant. Its a buffet with your typical cold items and oatmeal (they do have smoked salmon on it as well but that is something I dont eat). Was told there was a $10 upcharge as a diamond for the full buffet. Nothing looked that impressive so said I would stick with contentnal. I overheard the man ager tell someone saying two nights he could use 2 coupons if he didnt want breakfast the next morning for 1 full. My friend didnt join me this morning and asked if I could use his with mine and upgrade and she let me. Full buffett is good but not worth paying $10. Coontinental only is a little disappointing for this nice of a property. At least I got a great balcony pool view upgrade though

If you are a solo traveller eating breakfast reserve the room for 2 for the hot breakfast

Last edited by jamesteroh; Dec 17, 2011 at 11:27 am
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:03 am

Waldorf=Astoria New York:

Voucher for the in-hotel Starbucks (medium coffee, juice and a pastry). Sounds good except the line was about 25 deep and spiraled up the stairway towards the reception area. Something tells me they were handing them out like candy.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mpickup
Waldorf=Astoria New York:

Voucher for the in-hotel Starbucks (medium coffee, juice and a pastry). Sounds good except the line was about 25 deep and spiraled up the stairway towards the reception area. Something tells me they were handing them out like candy.
Last time I stayed at this property(August) it was raining a lot, so many guests used this Starbucks and they run out of pastries, so even deeper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.