Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:51 pm

DoublevTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Grand Key - Key West

Full breakfast (tips not included) at the restaurant (Palm Haven) inside the hotel.(No lounge in the hotel). Vouchers were given at the check in. I am Diamond.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 11:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, Dublin, Ireland: Full breakfast buffet incl. a la carte dishes at their Burnell Bar & Grill Restaurant. Superb quality incl. egg white omelette and fresh pancakes with chocolate sauce and cream.

Hilton Garden Inn Custom House, Dublin, Ireland:
Full breakfast buffet incl. egg and waffle station at Oly's Bar & Restaurant. Memorable incl. egg omelette and "make your own" waffle incl. nutella and maple syrup toppings.

The Morrison, A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Dublin, Ireland: Full breakfast buffet incl. a la carte dishes at their Halo breakfast venue. Gorgeous incl. Eggs Benedict and French Toast.

All three hotels are highly recommended as they offer memorable settings, services and breakfast experiences.

We're Hilton Honors Gold Members. Our three [3] stays/visits took place in December 2016.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:14 pm

All,

In a continuing effort to make this thread more useful, I've made some additional changes to the wiki:
  • As proposed (threatened? ) previously, I've bolded the city names for all entries in the super-long UK, California, and Florida sub-categories to make them more readable. Two notes on this:
    • I decided not to break things out into additional subcategories (London, LA, SF, San Diego) because you run into the problem of when to stop including suburbs/exurbs. Instead, I went with simple alpha order by city/town name.
    • In doing so, I ignored marketing names ("Hilton Los Angeles/Cucamonga" would be under "Cucamonga"). I tried to confirm each property's actual location, but undoubtedly screwed some up, so please feel free to check my work.
  • I also updated the posting guidelines to
    • remind people that "free buffet in lounge" by itself is not a useful report
    • request that posters indicate whether they have added their data point to the wiki (a lot of posts aren't getting compiled; see below)
    • request that wiki entries include a month/year and link to the reporting post. It's crucial to know whether a given entry is from last month or 4 years ago, especially when a property has multiple conflicting reports.
I've also started the truly agonizing task of working backward through all posts to a) ensure that they're in the wiki--many were never added--and b) add links to the relevant post(s). The process will take several weeks, so please be patient. In the meantime,
  • if you post a new data point, please remember to say whether you've updated the wiki
  • whoever updates the wiki, please include a parenthetical note--e.g., "(Gold 1/2017)"--with status/date/link to post.
Comments welcome.

Last edited by beltway; Feb 24, 2017 at 10:33 pm Reason: thru 24 (offset 772)
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:14 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
[QUOTE=beltway;27664192]All,

In a continuing effort to make this thread more useful, I've made some additional changes to the wiki:[INDENT][LIST]

My post was used to update the wiki, but the hotel is actually the Nashville Airport Hotel, not the doubletree which is a block away. (stayed at both) The Nashville Airport Hotel is in the process of rebranding to a Hilton. Also, might want to add a footnote, made to order pancakes and waffles are free but hidden, there is no menu given, and you have to ask your waiter.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Hilton San Diego "Resort" seems to have tightened up.

Voucher given says HHonors VIP (no distinguishing Gold or Diamond) Breakfast: Good for continental breakfast in AROMA Coffee Shop. There was also a large chalkboard sign posted outside AROMA Coffee Shop that said "Hilton HHonors Diamond and Gold Breakfast HERE."

I went to the main restaurant and asked if the voucher was good there. Yes, I was told. It is good for The Continental on the menu with a retail value of $14: a pastry or muffin or bagel, a yogurt or cottage cheese, juice, and coffee. I asked about applying the value of the voucher toward other menu items and was told that is not allowed. Was given zero service after receiving the food and even had to ask for the check which they did need signed.

With $35 parking fee and $29 resort fee, and this stingy breakfast benefit, the value proposition is just not there for this "Resort."

There was no buffet of any kind unless I am really blind. Maybe due to it being an off season?
bummer just booked an award stay there to avoid parking at Sea World. Any way to waive the fees? how do they enforce parking?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Diamond
Hilton London Bankside either full breakfast in the restaurant or lounge breakfast.

Doubletree Glasgow either full breakfast in the restaurant or lounge breakfast.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Diamond
Hilton London Bankside either full breakfast in the restaurant or lounge breakfast.

Doubletree Glasgow either full breakfast in the restaurant or lounge breakfast.
What's the lounge breakfast? Continental? Intermediate?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by vickh
bummer just booked an award stay there to avoid parking at Sea World. Any way to waive the fees? how do they enforce parking?
They may have some package rates to avoid the fees...

Parking has a key card (separate key card from the room key) and various entry/exit gates. They also provide a paper parking pass to put on the dashboard at all times. There is a park next to the property with a large public parking lot, but I am not sure if you can park there overnight, I did not try or look for signs.

So to that point you cannot use Digital Key initially at this hotel if you are parking. You must go to the front desk first to get the parking gate key card... also the front desk gives the breakfast coupons to you.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beltway
All,

In a continuing effort to make this thread more useful, I've made some additional changes to the wiki (truncated)
Just wanted to say thank you for making all those changes - this is a brilliant thread and it's great to see it remaining active and updated! I know I've made some posts in the past few months and totally forgot it was now a wiki-based entry so will make sure I do my bit and add in any changes too!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:40 am

I don't know if this change has been updated however wanted to post this in case anyone is staying at this property. This was the original post that I saw about the property:

Hilton Miami Airport (MIA): Continental breakfast in restaurant (no lounge). Upcharge to full breakfast is $9.07. Gold/1097

I just returned from this property over the holiday and the upcharge for full breakfast was $5.00 for gold.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:25 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Just stayed at the Hilton Resorts World Bimini. On a side note, the staff is the worst I have encountered at any Hilton so far... In regards to breakfast, as a Gold, its a mess. Had a 2 night stay, was told to come down to the check in desk to ask for breakfast coupons everyday in the morning. Upon check in told breakfast was in the lounge. Go up to the lounge, and no lounge attendant, key doesn't work, finally get into the lounge, and no food AT ALL. Nothing, not even cups or plates. Go downstairs and told breakfast is actually provided at Tides restaurant, given 2 certs for full breakfast (Buffet with eggs, pancakes and waffles, sausage, potatoes, bacon, smoked salmon, etc) Original cost was $24.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:51 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties (master thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.