FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:14 pm
beltway

All,

In a continuing effort to make this thread more useful, I've made some additional changes to the wiki:
  • As proposed (threatened? ) previously, I've bolded the city names for all entries in the super-long UK, California, and Florida sub-categories to make them more readable. Two notes on this:
    • I decided not to break things out into additional subcategories (London, LA, SF, San Diego) because you run into the problem of when to stop including suburbs/exurbs. Instead, I went with simple alpha order by city/town name.
    • In doing so, I ignored marketing names ("Hilton Los Angeles/Cucamonga" would be under "Cucamonga"). I tried to confirm each property's actual location, but undoubtedly screwed some up, so please feel free to check my work.
  • I also updated the posting guidelines to
    • remind people that "free buffet in lounge" by itself is not a useful report
    • request that posters indicate whether they have added their data point to the wiki (a lot of posts aren't getting compiled; see below)
    • request that wiki entries include a month/year and link to the reporting post. It's crucial to know whether a given entry is from last month or 4 years ago, especially when a property has multiple conflicting reports.
I've also started the truly agonizing task of working backward through all posts to a) ensure that they're in the wiki--many were never added--and b) add links to the relevant post(s). The process will take several weeks, so please be patient. In the meantime,
  • if you post a new data point, please remember to say whether you've updated the wiki
  • whoever updates the wiki, please include a parenthetical note--e.g., "(Gold 1/2017)"--with status/date/link to post.
Comments welcome.

Last edited by beltway; Feb 24, 2017 at 10:33 pm Reason: thru 24 (offset 772)