Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Looks like there is no availability from 12/22-1/21 at the property outside the Ocean Tower. I know Christmas/New Year's is high season, but any idea why it's blocked out for a whole month? Is it really fully booked for a whole month, 5+ months in advance?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I booked an award stay for Palace tower next month. Do they offer upgrades to the Lagoon tower for Gold members or as paid upgrade?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by opus2002
I booked an award stay for Palace tower next month. Do they offer upgrades to the Lagoon tower for Gold members or as paid upgrade?
5 night award stay next week, booked into Palace. Called yesterday and got an offer to upgrade to Makai/lagoon for $70 per night for oceanview and $50 per night for mountainview. Was told that was 50% off the normal upgrade vig due to Diamond status, FWIW. Give it a shot and post how it goes. (I took the oceanview. Unfortunately the booking is for a friend so i wont get to see it myself.)
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
5 night award stay next week, booked into Palace. Called yesterday and got an offer to upgrade to Makai/lagoon for $70 per night for oceanview and $50 per night for mountainview. Was told that was 50% off the normal upgrade vig due to Diamond status, FWIW. Give it a shot and post how it goes. (I took the oceanview. Unfortunately the booking is for a friend so i wont get to see it myself.)
Interesting data point! I'm in the same boat in December. You think it'd be better to call now or wait until the week prior?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I can't see any harm in calling now. If you don't get the deal i did you can always call back later. Though December may be tighter than July.
iceman77_7 and writerguyfl like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Have a five night award booking coming up here. What’s the best way to the hotel from Kona Airport? And back to the airport? No rental car.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sannmann
Have a five night award booking coming up here. What’s the best way to the hotel from Kona Airport? And back to the airport? No rental car.

Hi,

Taxi or uber would be most convenient although not sure of current uber availability.

The hotel website suggests there is a Roberts Hawaii airport shuttle between kona airport and the resort ( shared with 3 other waikoloa area hotels). Reservations required and runs hourly only. I would double check that this runs currently.

Regards

Tbs
Rega

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 2, 2021 at 5:05 am
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnndor
No. Not for risk-free, overnight, walking distance.
So no way to avoid/reduce the $37/night parking fee (other than, obviously, not park a car at this remote hotel)? I was thinking of staying a couple nights at this hotel on points, but I have mixed feelings about the hotel from previous visits. That sky-high parking fee may be the deciding factor to stay elsewhere. FWIW, as a Hyatt Globalist, I'm not used to paying parking fees, especially on award stays.
soonerfanatic likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:00 pm

Stayed here recently. Wasn’t planning on a rental car; but, rates dropped like a brick the week beforehand. I was glad I got the rental car. Didn’t like paying the $37/day for parking.

Dining prices on the resort are high. But, the property is somewhat remote and leaving to eat is inconvenient. There’s a Macaroni Grill at the Queens Marketplace a mile down the road for those that like Italian-American food.

Got “upgraded” to the Makai tower at check-in. Closer to the pool, yes, but incredibly loud due to the birds in the courtyard of the building. With the Makai resort view room, had a great ability to overhear the luau going on downstairs.

Note that purchases at the Waikoloa Coffee in Makai do not count toward the Gold/Diamond F&B benefit.

Room came with two refillable water pouches, Fillable at the water stations next to the ice machines.

The property does not have a beach, with the exception of the lagoon, which is fun for snorkeling. If you want a beach, you’ll need to leave the Hilton, driving to the Anaehoomalu Bay Beach, about a mile away and behind the Marriott. Or, go to another beach somewhere outside of Waikoloa.

Last edited by sannmann; Aug 27, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Looking at a booking for 5 - I see Kohala Suites on Hilton’s site for around $550/n, 2 bedroom/2bath + foldout
Looks like it has a kitchen if we chose to cook
Does anyone know how far we would be from the main resort?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Looking at a booking for 5 - I see Kohala Suites on Hilton’s site for around $550/n, 2 bedroom/2bath + foldout
Looks like it has a kitchen if we chose to cook
Does anyone know how far we would be from the main resort?

Hi,

From bing maps it looks like the distance from Kohala suites lobby to Hilton Waikoloa Village lobby is 1 mile ( Kohala suites is further along Wailkoloa Beach Drive from HWV and is closer to HWV than King's Land by HGV)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kmandrew
...I see Kohala Suites.....Does anyone know how far we would be from the main resort?
It's not quite a mile (about 3600 feet) from the Kohala Lobby to the the transportation entrance of the main resort. However, there is a free shuttle between both that ran every 30 minutes that is included when you stay at one of the 3 HGVC locations.

If you have kids, I'd recommend Kings' Land (same shuttle). It has better pools.

This may help: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/20...pinion.225154/
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS
Stayed here recently. Wasn’t planning on a rental car; but, rates dropped like a brick the week beforehand. I was glad I got the rental car. Didn’t like paying the $37/day for parking.

Dining prices on the resort are high. But, the property is somewhat remote and leaving to eat is inconvenient. There’s a Macaroni Grill at the Queens Marketplace a mile down the road for those that like Italian-American food.

Got “upgraded” to the Makai tower at check-in. Closer to the pool, yes, but incredibly loud due to the birds in the courtyard of the building. With the Makai resort view room, had a great ability to overhear the luau going on downstairs.

Note that purchases at the Waikoloa Coffee in Makai do not count toward the Gold/Diamond F&B benefit.

Room came with two refillable water pouches, Fillable at the water stations next to the ice machines.

The property does not have a beach, with the exception of the lagoon, which is fun for snorkeling. If you want a beach, you’ll need to leave the Hilton, driving to the Anaehoomalu Bay Beach, about a mile away and behind the Marriott. Or, go to another beach somewhere outside of Waikoloa.
Is the F&B credit applied against the whole bill at the end of the stay (i.e. $15 x # of nights as a total credit on the final bill) or is it applied against actual expenses on a daily basis? I have a 5 night reward stay coming up using the basic 60K Palace Resort View rate. I'm Gold and trying to gauge how useful the status will be from a credit and upgrade standpoint. Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by JrcWy
Is the F&B credit applied against the whole bill at the end of the stay (i.e. $15 x # of nights as a total credit on the final bill) or is it applied against actual expenses on a daily basis? I have a 5 night reward stay coming up using the basic 60K Palace Resort View rate. I'm Gold and trying to gauge how useful the status will be from a credit and upgrade standpoint. Thanks.
It appeared to have been applied every night against the previous day’s expenses.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS
It appeared to have been applied every night against the previous day’s expenses.
Good to know. Thank you. Was the "upgrade" you got from a Palace Resort room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.