Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by rdchen
Thank you. Hope the repairs will be finished before end of the year.
I checked w HWV and they said targeted completion is mid-December.
matthewcr and 8MiHi like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I checked w HWV and they said targeted completion is mid-December.
Thank you for the update.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by robdls
When did you receive/book this offer? They told me they don’t do rental cars offers anymore since COVID.
They lied, lol.

I tried to screenshot my HGVC vacation Club owner portal; however, the website stated I can’t post pics as a new poster. I booked this package about 8 months ago. Here’s an email I received when I asked HGVC to confirm the certificate for the sown the night on is: Hello XXX, this is XXX with Hilton Grand Vacations. I am just reaching out to inform you of the gifts you will be receiving after the presentation. The first will be 75K Hilton Honor Points deposited into your Hilton Honors account, which we do not have the # on file. When you have a chance please touch base with us to update that account number, and just please be advised it could take 30 days to reflect in your Honors account. You will also get a $200 Spend The Night On Us certificate, that is used for a future stay and it is a mail in rebate. When you arrive on the island you will be getting a 6-day car rental, that can be picked up at National Car Rental, and concierge will give you the reference number you need to have. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-482-0047. Thank you for choosing Hilton and have a great day.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:31 pm

Got an email for standby upgrades from palace to makai ocean front for 105 per night, would the pricing at check-in be any different? I'm ok with resort view but that's not an option for me from the choices given

Diamond member, currently pre upgraded to palace ocean view on app, but was wondering if I should inquire about makai tower with two kids

EDIT: App chat with the hotel all pool and slide renos are done. Also chat stated that no Makai rooms are currently available due to a large group (cash rates show resort view Makai is available for sale though)

Last edited by crimsona; Dec 30, 2022 at 1:31 pm
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
So I only rarely stay at Hiltons but I was at the Boston Logan property last night and the timeshare lady corners me and gets to selling. I did a quick Google while we chatted and decided that $999 (+$179 tax) for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom villa in Waikoloa, with 75k points, $200 cert, and another $100 if dates are booked within 60 days, was a decent deal as far as these things go. The 2 bedroom villa (vs. $699 for a regular room) was the clincher -- wife and I will have toddler in tow so a kitchen is huge, and we'd invite my mom and sister to use the second bedroom.

Couple questions:

1. I have gold from Amex plat. Is there any reason to get the Aspire card to get diamond status in advance of the stay? (I've never had the card before so I'm open to getting it for the 150k bonus if it would provide any additional perks here)

2. Any catches I should be aware of re: this package? (Lady said no blackout dates, for instance, I assume that's honored... and no resort fees?)

3. The email says "5 night stay at a Waikoloa Hilton Grand Vacations Club resort, 2-bedroom" -- which property? I see all these different properties... Village, Kohala, etc. -- who picks? If I get a choice, what should I choose? Not too fussed, expect a middling/dated property (would be pleasantly surprised if it's nicer than that, but timeshares all seem to be stuck in the 80s IME)... mainly just want reasonable access to pool. Will spend most of the time out exploring the island.

TIA.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
So I only rarely stay at Hiltons but I was at the Boston Logan property last night and the timeshare lady corners me and gets to selling. I did a quick Google while we chatted and decided that $999 (+$179 tax) for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom villa in Waikoloa, with 75k points, $200 cert, and another $100 if dates are booked within 60 days, was a decent deal as far as these things go. The 2 bedroom villa (vs. $699 for a regular room) was the clincher -- wife and I will have toddler in tow so a kitchen is huge, and we'd invite my mom and sister to use the second bedroom.

Couple questions:

1. I have gold from Amex plat. Is there any reason to get the Aspire card to get diamond status in advance of the stay? (I've never had the card before so I'm open to getting it for the 150k bonus if it would provide any additional perks here)

2. Any catches I should be aware of re: this package? (Lady said no blackout dates, for instance, I assume that's honored... and no resort fees?)

3. The email says "5 night stay at a Waikoloa Hilton Grand Vacations Club resort, 2-bedroom" -- which property? I see all these different properties... Village, Kohala, etc. -- who picks? If I get a choice, what should I choose? Not too fussed, expect a middling/dated property (would be pleasantly surprised if it's nicer than that, but timeshares all seem to be stuck in the 80s IME)... mainly just want reasonable access to pool. Will spend most of the time out exploring the island.

TIA.
Well, disregard. I called to book for May 9-14, and despite the salesperson's clear statement that there were no blackout dates or capacity controls ("as long as a room's available, you can go at Christmas, New Year's, whatever you'd like"), I was told there was no availability. I said "but there are 2 bedroom units at 3 different Waikoloa properties showing online" and was told that that's for paying full rates, not for the promotion. I asked for a refund, was initially told no and to check other dates. I said that system doesn't work for me because I need to get other travelers on board with dates beforehand, so I relied on the online availability. Finally after I said this was an illegal bait-and-switch the agent said hold while she looked into a refund, and when she came back she agreed to refund my deposit.

All in all, a terrible experience.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:40 am

they charged $200 to upgrade to family suties for diamond member.
bags were lost by the bellman during room transfer. Hotel denied they saw my bag even though the camera showed it. They also did not offer and refund for the room.
Had to go through small claim court to get the value of the bag back.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:28 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Microwave

Just noticed the following from the welcome email:

Microwave Ovens A microwave oven is available on each floor. In MAKAI, it is located at the stairwell across the hallway from rooms 1314, 2314, 3314, 4314, 5314 and 6314. In Palace Tower, it is located across the hallway from the elevators to the south.
​​​​​​​How clean are these microwave ovens?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
Just noticed the following from the welcome email:

How clean are these microwave ovens?
I think we were in Makai, we used the ovens, I honestly don't recall the cleanliness, but my wife was willing to use them so I am going to say that based on that, they weren't horrible?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Got an email for standby upgrades from palace to makai ocean front for 105 per night, would the pricing at check-in be any different? I'm ok with resort view but that's not an option for me from the choices given

Diamond member, currently pre upgraded to palace ocean view on app, but was wondering if I should inquire about makai tower with two kids

EDIT: App chat with the hotel all pool and slide renos are done. Also chat stated that no Makai rooms are currently available due to a large group (cash rates show resort view Makai is available for sale though)
Did you finish your stay? Did you do the upgrade? When we went last March, we didn't do any pre-check in upgrades, but I think we ended up upgrading to Makai at the front desk. I honestly forgot what exactly the selling point was, I tend not to pay extra for anything, especially since I am Diamond so theoretically should have been upgraded at that point, but I guess Makai is not a same in class room as Palace. Anyway, it might have been the fact that we would get a room overlooking the dolphins that was the selling point, but we did it. I just checked my bill from our stay, the upgrade was $60 per night. We had resort credit (from Aspire) to burn and so that might have been a big selling point for us. We liked it and with the resort credit, it was totally worth it. Not sure how much higher we would have been willing to go, especially with no resort statement credit.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Have 5 nts here late March on pts, base Palace 2 qns. Diamond...upgrade likelihood? Anyone email the property for cash upgrade bids?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Have 5 nts here late March on pts, base Palace 2 qns. Diamond...upgrade likelihood? Anyone email the property for cash upgrade bids?
My personal experience, the upgrade is to Palace Ocean. You will get emails about upgrading to Makai. I waited until I got to check-in, the upgrade was available for cheaper than I think the email upgrade was asking for.

What days are you staying? We are planning on going in late March too but haven't done the booking yet. I better get on that!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
My personal experience, the upgrade is to Palace Ocean. You will get emails about upgrading to Makai. I waited until I got to check-in, the upgrade was available for cheaper than I think the email upgrade was asking for.

What days are you staying? We are planning on going in late March too but haven't done the booking yet. I better get on that!
As of right now Mar 20-25 but may flex it around a day here or there. Couldn't believe the cash rates for the base rooms, over $600/nt! Would NEVER pay that cash, so points are a very good deal there.
When do you get the email with upgrade bids? Closer to the stay dates?

Also, is it true its $44/nt to park here? Good lordy. That eats up most of the $250 Aspire Hilton resort credit and we wont have gotten anything tangible out of it Is there any way around the parking fee (distant lot to park in, street, etc?)

Last edited by Hawkeyefan; Jan 10, 2023 at 9:10 pm Reason: parking
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:55 pm

Why stay at Hilton Waikoloa when you can stay at HGV Waikoloa King's Land? If you can forego the ocean view, the cost was just $180/night (pay later rate with price match) on our dates with all taxes and fees included, and free parking and resort access at Hilton Waikoloa is included (you get a pass that lets you out of the lot without paying the $44). HGV Waikoloa King's Land is also newer, has kitchens, and IMO has a nicer pool and dining areas.
dlaue, sbellotti84 and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by billy0472021
Why stay at Hilton Waikoloa when you can stay at HGV Waikoloa King's Land? If you can forego the ocean view, the cost was just $180/night (pay later rate with price match) on our dates with all taxes and fees included, and free parking and resort access at Hilton Waikoloa is included (you get a pass that lets you out of the lot without paying the $44). HGV Waikoloa King's Land is also newer, has kitchens, and IMO has a nicer pool and dining areas.
Sold out on any dates I tried

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.