Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Thank you. Nice to hear that they still allow us at least the cold buffet. Were the lines long when you went? I've heard that they can be long at certain times. I assume earlier is better (if I can get Mr. Westcoaster out of bed early, that is.)
I went when it opened and had no issues at all. Also, schools had started for most people so the resort was starting to slow down. There is a sign posted by the entrance with approximate times and how busy they are to help people decide when to come.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We're going in less than 2 weeks and I just noticed my reservation has been changed to an accessible room, which we do not need. Not an upgrade at all - same tower, same view - why would they do that? It does have a tub so won't be as weird as a roll-in shower, but we certainly don't need door bells, etc.

Would you guys call and say something - that we'd rather have a non-accessible room?

I'd also hate to feel I was taking it away from someone who does need it.

If it was a better view, or an upgrade in any way, that would be ok, but this is not.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Ok, now I understand. I guess the mood of the server might be the determining factor, unfortunately.
I found that in most resorts, the upcharge of the current day breakfast is inversely proportional to the amount of tip you left the server on the previous day.
bbbb likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:08 am

HC room

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We're going in less than 2 weeks and I just noticed my reservation has been changed to an accessible room, which we do not need. Not an upgrade at all - same tower, same view - why would they do that? It does have a tub so won't be as weird as a roll-in shower, but we certainly don't need door bells, etc.

Would you guys call and say something - that we'd rather have a non-accessible room?

I'd also hate to feel I was taking it away from someone who does need it.

If it was a better view, or an upgrade in any way, that would be ok, but this is not.
I wouldn't worry about. If you are concerned, ask for a change when you check in. I've been with my parents when they have had a HC room and there was more space to move around in. Which tower?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ksyrah
I wouldn't worry about. If you are concerned, ask for a change when you check in. I've been with my parents when they have had a HC room and there was more space to move around in. Which tower?
I actually called and said we don't want or need an accessible room, so they were able to switch it back. No explanation as to why it happened in the first place.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
At this property now and man, it's seen it's better days. I'm in the Ocean Tower and some common areas are in disrepair. Rooms show a strong need for renovation, so no wonder construction formally begins next month as it is converted to a time share.

Not impressed with treatment of diamond members. Staying in a partial ocean view room on the ground floor -- was told that was the best room in the tower. Yeah, right. Many folks I know have better views on higher floors, and don't have any status. Rooms aren't assigned until check-in, and assignment seems to be at the whim of the check-in agents.

Apart from the coffee and OJ, the continental breakfast is reasonably good.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:26 pm

We just left here after 4 nights and we had a great experience.

We booked Mountain View Makai Lagoon Tower on minimal points (56,000 per night) and were upgraded to Makai Ocean View - loved the view and room (3rd floor - overlooking the kids] pool and ocean beyond]d - truly fabulous view, and the room seemed newly renovated.. No complaints.

Makai is not "all that" - the literature makes you think they drop rose petals in front of you wherever you go, but the fact is it does have some very nice features. Best us unlimited towels at the pool without sign]ing them in and out, and a dedicated area with first come free shaded loungers (we got them every day) - like having a free cabana.

Wristbands also got you free spa access (sauna, steam, whirlpool) not the best spa but not the worst, either.

Also priority]] seating at restaurants (which causes some mumbling from others waiting). We ate twice at kamuela provision company, very good food, spectacular table both times right at waters edge (no uncharge)

We took a hint from a post above about tipping well our first day at breakfast, asked for the same server, and did not pay an uncharge any day after that. Shhh, don't want to get them into trouble.

It's big, but becomes manageable as you get used to it. Tram and boat, often we walked, we loved the grounds, the artwork, the birds. Mongooses were kinda scary.

Honestly, we had no major issues at all and I would say it was quite nice.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
72 Flash sale on at the Ocean Tower ( from $129pn)

Hi,

From here

http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/oceantowersale

Blackout dates are from 15th Dec to 7th Jan and the site also notes that you are accepting that there will be construction work going on.

Might not suit everyone but the prices are good IMHO.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I finished a five-night award stay this week at the end of a longer stay at The Bay Club. As a gold, I was upgraded from Palace Tower resort view to Ocean Tower full ocean view. The desk clerk who spent time looking for an upgrade was wonderful. The room was fine; no complaints there. When I booked the reservation, Ocean Tower wasn't an option since it was supposed to close for the timeshare renovation before I arrived. I'm glad the closing date was changed since this is my favorite tower. Unlike many people on FT, I enjoy the walk to the lobby and the other end of the property.

The boats were running. Orchid Marketplace was closed for a couple of weeks. Imri restaurant was supposed to reopen after I left; signs said it was closed for renovation.
The free continental breakfast was plenty for me. Hard-boiled eggs provided the protein I need, so I didn't have to upcharge to the full buffet. I was disappointed the toiletries are Peter Thomas Roth instead of Kohala Spa, like previous stays.

This hotel remains one of my favorites. In addition to a good stay, I had a bonus amex offer of $50 off $250, so that offset the increase in the parking fee.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by linsj
I finished a five-night award stay this week at the end of a longer stay at The Bay Club. As a gold, I was upgraded from Palace Tower resort view to Ocean Tower full ocean view. The desk clerk who spent time looking for an upgrade was wonderful. The room was fine; no complaints there. When I booked the reservation, Ocean Tower wasn't an option since it was supposed to close for the timeshare renovation before I arrived. I'm glad the closing date was changed since this is my favorite tower. Unlike many people on FT, I enjoy the walk to the lobby and the other end of the property.

The boats were running. Orchid Marketplace was closed for a couple of weeks. Imri restaurant was supposed to reopen after I left; signs said it was closed for renovation.
The free continental breakfast was plenty for me. Hard-boiled eggs provided the protein I need, so I didn't have to upcharge to the full buffet. I was disappointed the toiletries are Peter Thomas Roth instead of Kohala Spa, like previous stays.

This hotel remains one of my favorites. In addition to a good stay, I had a bonus amex offer of $50 off $250, so that offset the increase in the parking fee.
They had the Kohala Spa toiletries in the Lagoon Tower, probably because of the Makai tie-in to the spa.

And yes! That $50 Amex offer was wonderful - we happen to have 3 Hilton Amex cards right now so charged $250 to each one and got $150 off - what a deal!

We took the boat all the way through to the Ocean Tower one day just to see it and it was fun to be inside.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:49 am

Updates

Originally Posted by linsj
Imri restaurant was supposed to reopen after I left; signs said it was closed for renovation.
fee.
When I was there in August, I was told Donna and Toni's was moving to where Imari was and the old location would become the new welcome center for the timeshares. But, like I said, that was second hand knowledge. But, I did hear from more than one person that there would be a new parking lot for the tower where the current lawn exists between Ocean and Palace. Just won't be the same.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Question for recent Ocean Tower guests

Hello, heading to HWV soon, and reserved Ocean Tower. Anyone notice rooms being occupied with hotel guests on ground level? My special needs kiddo does best not going into elevators and disrupting others on the loud hallways. The ground level room suits us best, since it is quiet and carpeted!! It doesnt look like Diamond pays off any longer. I may have to sweet talk them at check in!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by tweekerz
Hello, heading to HWV soon, and reserved Ocean Tower. Anyone notice rooms being occupied with hotel guests on ground level? My special needs kiddo does best not going into elevators and disrupting others on the loud hallways. The ground level room suits us best, since it is quiet and carpeted!! It doesnt look like Diamond pays off any longer. I may have to sweet talk them at check in!
Don't wait until check-in. Just pick up the phone and call the hotel during their normal business hours. Ask to speak to the on-site Reservations Office.

Doing that will give you the best information. During the call, be sure to ask about the ongoing renovation. It's possible that the renovation will have all the ground floor rooms unavailable during your stay.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
We have a stay coming up here in a few weeks and I am trying to sort through our transportation needs. Even though I hate paying to park a rental car, it seems like that might be the best solution for our family of 4 by the time we consider taxi or shuttle costs round trip. I can use Hertz points for a free rental. I've seen people comment on how far the self parking lot is and how it's a major inconvenience to carry things from that lot. This confuses me, is there not an area to load/unload near the lobby before taking the car to the lot?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dsokolik
We have a stay coming up here in a few weeks and I am trying to sort through our transportation needs. Even though I hate paying to park a rental car, it seems like that might be the best solution for our family of 4 by the time we consider taxi or shuttle costs round trip. I can use Hertz points for a free rental. I've seen people comment on how far the self parking lot is and how it's a major inconvenience to carry things from that lot. This confuses me, is there not an area to load/unload near the lobby before taking the car to the lot?
Hi

You can drive up to the front door by the lobby and unloade your car ( leaving the stuff with one of your party or the belldesk before going back to the parking lot and then walking back to the lobby)

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.