Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Parking on award stay

Hello,

If I am on a points stay as a diamond I should get the resort fee waived so would that mean I also get free parking?

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
No free ride

Not so lucky on parking unless you have a handicap placard, then valet parking is free.

Originally Posted by darkhawkkg
Hello,

If I am on a points stay as a diamond I should get the resort fee waived so would that mean I also get free parking?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
With a handicap placard, how much is appropriate when dropping off and/or picking up a car?

DD
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:51 am

Valet

A couple of bucks. I always take $50 in singles with me to cover valet, bellmen, etc. That generally covers a week.

Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy
With a handicap placard, how much is appropriate when dropping off and/or picking up a car?

DD
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I'm considering bookign this room type:
MAKAI-MOUNTAIN SIDE-LAGOON TOWER-1 KING BED MAKAI at Lagoon Tower Mountain Side.

It comes out to 46k points per night for my 5 night stay. This room is 530 sq ft vs 422 for the Hale Ike.

A few questions.
1. how far is this room from
- beach : we will have a 2 yo with us and walking too far wouldn't be fun
- parking - we will be leaving the resort for some meals
- pool areas

2. Is this a newly renovated room?

3. would you rate this better than the hale ike rooms?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:17 am

Room Location

You will be looking over the parking lot with that room. If you look at a resort map, it could be labeled Lagoon Tower. You will be close to the kids pool which has a sand bottom. It is not that far from the beach at the lagoon, either. The Hale Ike rooms are generally further from both the pools or the beach but were just recently refurbished. The Ocean tower have the oldest decor but are close to a pool and the kids club but the furthest from the beach at the lagoon.

If you go to google maps to look at the resort, there is a streetview feature that actually lets you virtually walk around some of the paths. That will give you an idea of locations and distances.

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I'm considering bookign this room type:
MAKAI-MOUNTAIN SIDE-LAGOON TOWER-1 KING BED MAKAI at Lagoon Tower Mountain Side.

It comes out to 46k points per night for my 5 night stay. This room is 530 sq ft vs 422 for the Hale Ike.

A few questions.
1. how far is this room from
- beach : we will have a 2 yo with us and walking too far wouldn't be fun
- parking - we will be leaving the resort for some meals
- pool areas

2. Is this a newly renovated room?

3. would you rate this better than the hale ike rooms?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:54 pm

Hey guys,

Considering this property for a stay. Seems fairly kid friendly, but I'm just looking for something that my SO and I can enjoy. Ideally with a nice beach, some things to do nearby (I don't need a city but ideally something outside the hotel potentially?)

Hard to get a sense of this place from their website. Doesn't seem all that particularly great? Or does it really vary on where you stay on the property?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:18 am

Where to stay

The HWV will not check your box for a nice beach. Their beach is a sandy strip at the edge of the lagoon. The Big Island is not known for its beaches although it does have a few. There are other resorts on the Kohala coast with better beaches. It all depends on your budget.

Originally Posted by nonstopski
Hey guys,

Considering this property for a stay. Seems fairly kid friendly, but I'm just looking for something that my SO and I can enjoy. Ideally with a nice beach, some things to do nearby (I don't need a city but ideally something outside the hotel potentially?)

Hard to get a sense of this place from their website. Doesn't seem all that particularly great? Or does it really vary on where you stay on the property?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nonstopski
Hey guys,

Hapuna Beach State Park is about 20 minutes from the resort and is a very nice beach.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
just had a nice stay...

First, the Big Island Breakfast buffet benefit for Diamond and Gold is great. Very nice buffet normally priced at $32.95/pp so the included breakfast was worth about $66/day for this Gold couple. We also received an Ocean Tower upgrade from "Resort View" to "Ocean View"...kind of ironic since we'd originally booked the latter and then changed the reservation to the former at a savings of $50/nt...and then we were bumped back to where we started. Both tended to soften the $30/day resort fee (of which we used the wifi) and the $25/day parking fee.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
Any idea why they would show no availability from Dec 14 2017 - Jan 21 2018. Not points or for cash.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dsokolik
Any idea why they would show no availability from Dec 14 2017 - Jan 21 2018. Not points or for cash.
I tried to book an Ocean Tower room for September, and there are none. I'm assuming it's because they're starting the conversion of that tower to timeshares, although I can't find a date for the conversion to begin.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:31 pm

Far out booking

Not sure, but if they are like the airlines, you can't book more than 11 months in advance. That's all that I can think of.

Originally Posted by dsokolik
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ksyrah
Not sure, but if they are like the airlines, you can't book more than 11 months in advance. That's all that I can think of.
The weird thing though is that every other Hilton property in Hawaii is showing availability.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:39 am

Rescinded benefit:

Starting this past Monday, no more free, hot/full breakfast for Golds and Diamonds. Only the cold/continental is free and limited to two people per room. Upgrade to the hot/full breakfast is now $10 + tax per person, limited to two people per room.

On Monday, no signage or announcement of this change ... until the check hit the table. On Tuesday morning there was a small sign at the desk.

Last edited by gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7; Jan 18, 2017 at 2:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.