Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:32 pm

Tried the link yesterday, got the points. Email (first one I've ever had from HHonors) came in overnight with the offer. 100k is a big reward; wander why, they could have done 10k and it would have been good. Not complaining though!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
for those who point to the absence of an email as being an indicator that people who were not targeted were eligible for and successfully registered for the promotion... have you considered that they WERE targeted, but merely didn't get the email?

marketing emails are often misdirected, for a variety of reasons, much to te consternation of the sender. also... and this is key... an organization sending a large campaign to thousands of people will typically stagger the delivery over several days (or sometimes weeks) to reduce any impact on their marketing email service provider. they'll also do it to reduce the stress on their server of thousands of people simultaneously trying to register online for the promo, or calling or emailing their contact center.

but the targeted population has already been identified and properly programmed in their software, regardless of when (or if) an email is received.

with regard to the "poser" controversy... i have to believe that was a typo and was meant to be "poster." (if not, it still could be a typo, because otherwise it should have been "poseur.")
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by nlkm9
as one who spent 110 nites in hamptons in 2014, I dont feel like a poser
Originally Posted by timfountain
Poor choice of words, posers? ...?
Originally Posted by Baze
So anyone who gets the bonus is a poser? Wow, that's all I can say.
Originally Posted by MissJ
I'm not quite getting that one either. .. considering most of us likely have hundreds (and some thousands) of nights at Hiltons.
D'OH. Posters... posters.

It wasn't a poor choice of words it was a poor situation in which to mistype.

Last edited by dsquared37; Feb 4, 2015 at 12:22 am
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:18 am

lol
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:48 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37

Nice recovery sir ^
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by dsquared37

Lol, easy typo to make. Mind you, those taking offence are posers spoiling for a public hissy fit I am joking of course, before the mob arrive with pitch-forks and the rotting vegetables.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:31 am

I got it a couple of days ago and haven't stayed in a Hilton for about Ten years !

I had Diamond through Amex centurion but dropped that card Twelve months ago, I wasn't even expecting to keep Diamond status for another year let alone get 100,000 points.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by RAPC
Lol, easy typo to make. Mind you, those taking offence are posers spoiling for a public hissy fit I am joking of course, before the mob arrive with pitch-forks and the rotting vegetables.
It would be rather daft calling multi-year Diamonds posers having just achieved my first.

Can't shake the untestable hypothesis that this might have played out better for me having remained Gold (yet again).
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
Can some of you who succeeded getting the 100K points, please go to your HHonors account and click "View Promotions" or "My Offers"?

Is this offer visible there?

I am curious as to whether the "View Promotions" page is customized at this point and showing the targeted offers. I can only see some generic offers there (such as "subscribe to Home2 newsletter"). Also I was not targeted for the 100K offer.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Frequie
Can some of you who succeeded getting the 100K points, please go to your HHonors account and click "View Promotions" or "My Offers"?

Is this offer visible there?

I am curious as to whether the "View Promotions" page is customized at this point and showing the targeted offers. I can only see some generic offers there (such as "subscribe to Home2 newsletter"). Also I was not targeted for the 100K offer.
I get an error when I try to view the offers section, sorry.

As someone mentioned yesterday, the 100k doesn't show in the points history until the next day and then shows up as this:

100k Hilton offer
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hope everyone that is targeted gets the 100k (however you achieve it and that anyone else gets an appropriate offer targeted to you).
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:49 am

Thumbs down Very unhappy and surprised!

I have also requalified as Diamond member for 2015 and when I saw this promotion I was really pleased. This offer of 100k and the 2x/3x points makes up for all the devaluations of the progam to some extent.

I then found out I was not targeted :-( Not sure why, so I phone the Honours service desk, they first told me this promotion did not exist and that I was confused with something else, the Diamond desk could not help me so they transferred me to guest services.
They first called me a liar and that this promotion was not in fact real, a supervisor finally told me this was a hoax as well. After 1 hour + they finally managed to figure out this offer was legit but there was nothing they could do to include me or others in the promotion.

I am the really unhappy for not being targeted for this (or some other promo for that matter). It seems the loyalty of one person is more important than that of others.

I was looking for promotions as I am about to book at least 8-9 stays this month, but will take my business elsewhere now that this has happened.

Funnily, the supervisor I spoke told me that the targeted promo was only sent to those would would benefit from it based on their travel pattern. No matter what the travel pattern is, receiving 100k points as token of appreciation is always beneficial, regardless of the travel scheme... :-(

Really unhappy about this and and seriously considering cancelling all of my 20+ reservations I have from March through June and do to IHG or Marriott.
I hope Honours realises that these type of approaches create more negative feelings than they may imagine.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
No e-mail here but used the link and points appear almost instantly !

Thanks for posting the link peeps
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I keep trying the link but get registration error etc.

I am hoping something happens in the next few weeks, so holding out for that before making a judgement. There could be something else in the pipeline I know (diamond for 15 years, nearly 1000 nights etc), but if there isn't this will force a rethink.

I do have about 30 stays already booked this year, have done about 12, so requalification is in the bag, but I do agree with above posts that this seems an unfair promotion if all don't get it. Why? 100000 points is a big bonus. 2x/ 3x points for stays would be a nice promotion in itself. To miss out on both because I probably wont book elsewhere doesn't make sense. Golds appear to be getting other promotions.

The fact many others report being able to click on the link and benefit questions how targeted the promotion was. I don't blame anyone for getting the bonus if they can- I'm just a bit miffed that at the moment I have no promotion at all for Feb.

I will reserve judgement- lets see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope I edit this post to say something great!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My travel pattern is very similiar to yours and the link worked for me with no email. My opinion is many of you will be rewarded in the coming days.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Skimanant
I keep trying the link but get registration error etc.

I am hoping something happens in the next few weeks, so holding out for that before making a judgement. There could be something else in the pipeline I know (diamond for 15 years, nearly 1000 nights etc), but if there isn't this will force a rethink.

I do have about 30 stays already booked this year, have done about 12, so requalification is in the bag, but I do agree with above posts that this seems an unfair promotion if all don't get it. Why? 100000 points is a big bonus. 2x/ 3x points for stays would be a nice promotion in itself. To miss out on both because I probably wont book elsewhere doesn't make sense. Golds appear to be getting other promotions.

The fact many others report being able to click on the link and benefit questions how targeted the promotion was. I don't blame anyone for getting the bonus if they can- I'm just a bit miffed that at the moment I have no promotion at all for Feb.

I will reserve judgement- lets see what happens over the next few weeks. I hope I edit this post to say something great!

Well said. I'm in the same boat (a bunch of stays already completed, many more reserved...in fact I'm at a Hilton now). I will reserve judgment for a bit longer and hope to edit this post with good news. If not, well, I'm enrolled in the Hyatt Elite Trial to get Hyatt Diamond but was keeping Hilton as my other chain since I have plenty of hotel stays to go around. I'll likely make the switch over to Marriott as my other chain if Hilton chooses not to reward it's longtime loyal customers such as myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.