Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:20 am

Wow - Shocked that I was "targeted" for this offer. I haven't received any e-mail, but clicked through and entered my info and received confirmation that I would receive 100,000 points. Checked my account a few minutes later and the points had already posted. Diamond via spend only here.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold,Hertz President's Circle, AMEX Delta Reserve, GE/NEXUS
Receiving this message:
REGISTRATION ERROR

Based on the account number you entered, you are not eligible for an exclusive offer at this time.

2014 summary
25 Stays
129 Nights
159,360 base points

I guess it's time to move more of my business over to Hyatt and SPG. I thought loyalty was a two way street!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:56 am

Emailed a complaint to the Diamond Desk and received the following:

"The targeted promotion was mailed to an audience of people who generally focus their travel outside of Hilton. From a marketing position, we were looking to invite this particular group to join HHonors and stay. This is not something that is financially feasible to offer to all of our members as it would limit the benefits that we currently are able to offer the various tier levels. For this reason, we are unable to extend this opportunity to anyone outside of the targeted audience."

Almost wondering if they thought I was talking about some other promotion, as given who is getting this one (Diamonds), the response makes ZERO sense.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Wow - Shocked that I was "targeted" for this offer. I haven't received any e-mail, but clicked through and entered my info and received confirmation that I would receive 100,000 points. Checked my account a few minutes later and the points had already posted. Diamond via spend only here.
Same here!

(Diamond via stays - out-of-pocket leisure)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I had been Diamond for the past 8 years, then less travel in 2014 will drop me to Gold. I got:

"You're now registered for an exclusive fast track back to Diamond status. Just complete 4 stays or 10 nights by April 30, 2015, and your Diamond status will be reinstated. Plus, we'll even throw in 100,000 HHonors Bonus Points. That's enough for a free night stay at any of our 4,200 hotels and resorts."

Should be an easy way to get back up to Diamond!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer

"The targeted promotion was mailed to an audience of people who generally focus their travel outside of Hilton. From a marketing position, we were looking to invite this particular group to join HHonors and stay. This is not something that is financially feasible to offer to all of our members as it would limit the benefits that we currently are able to offer the various tier levels. For this reason, we are unable to extend this opportunity to anyone outside of the targeted audience."

Almost wondering if they thought I was talking about some other promotion, as given who is getting this one (Diamonds), the response makes ZERO sense.
I never really understand complaining about not being targeted. Chances are, the next promo you will be targeted and some folks who received this promo will not be.

I agree the explanation doesn't make a lot of sense, however.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry

Aren't they diluting the Diamond tier by offering Gold tier a quick bump to Diamond level for four stays by 30 April? I know its a ploy to get those Gold members to up their business with Hilton, which makes sense. But does not follow their explanation.

I was able to register and get the 100K plus the 2X,3X. Are they assuming that because a member re-qualifies for Diamond each year only by the minimum qualifying criteria that they also give their business to other hotels? But I'll take the 100K anyway.....
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by CO777ER
Missed Diamond by one stay. Received a fast track back to Diamond w/ 4 stays or 10 nights. Didn't receive the 100,000 pts.
I missed Diamond by 6k or so base points last year, so my status is set to drop in March. Had Diamond for the last 6 I think... all from the credit card spend, though I did qualify on base points as well as CC spend one year. Haven't put anything other than Hilton stays on the CC since they devalued.

Got a similar offer to the one above-- didn't receive any email... just clicked on the link-- though I also get 100k points if I stay 4 times...

"You're now registered for an exclusive fast track back to Diamond status. Just complete 4 stays or 10 nights by April 30, 2015, and your Diamond status will be reinstated. Plus, we'll even throw in 100,000 HHonors Bonus Points. That's enough for a free night stay at any of our 4,200 hotels and resorts."

In the T&C below, it says the status is valid through 2017, which I thought was a nice touch.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the standard "why didn't I get xxx promo" response. No point reading into it at all.

You can find it verbatim across this forum.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Anyone else get the 100,000 okay, but no mention of 2x/3x on their registration?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anyone else get the 100,000 okay, but no mention of 2x/3x on their registration?
That's what I got.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by CFFrost
That's what I got.
Within the last hour received the 100,000 point offer only as well.

It still made for a very pleasant afternoon surprise!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not trying to be an ingrate, just wondering if, perhaps, the 2x/3x is automatically included, even if it does not specifically say so. I have heavy weekend stay patterns, so could see why they would exclude me. Kind of annoying that I never got an email, nor a link on my offers page.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Feb 3, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott, National, Avis
Originally Posted by ps9a
I missed Diamond by 6k or so base points last year, so my status is set to drop in March. Had Diamond for the last 6 I think... all from the credit card spend, though I did qualify on base points as well as CC spend one year. Haven't put anything other than Hilton stays on the CC since they devalued.

Got a similar offer to the one above-- didn't receive any email... just clicked on the link-- though I also get 100k points if I stay 4 times...

In the T&C below, it says the status is valid through 2017, which I thought was a nice touch.
I received the same 4 stays/10 nights offer for Diamond and 100k points. I was Diamond in 2014, but only qualified for Gold for 2015. My question is (I couldn't find any T&C): Will award nights stayed qualify for this promo?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Not trying to be an ingrate, just wondering if, perhaps, the 2x/3x is automatically included, even if it does specifically say so. I have heavy weekend stay patterns, so could see why they would exclude me. Kind of annoying that I never got an email, nor a link on my offers page.
I would doubt it. I find it interesting that there is nothing to induce an incremental increase in stays. What benefit is there to just give away points, without a "hook" for more engagement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.