Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by turnpike17
This is the link from the email.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/11102014/
turnpike17 - a 1,000 'thank yous'.

Actually, make that 200,000 (100k for me, 100k for Mrs PtF). ^
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Perhaps, it seems that a lot of us who didn't get the offer have 15 or more years as Diamonds.

Nope, less than 5-time Diamond here. I guess some diamonds are shinier than others. For all I know they randomized who they picked.

I am however curious about the offer I got - 750K points for buying into HGVC. There is absolutely nothing in my profile or history with Hilton (or any other chain) that can possibly indicate that I am a candidate for that. So why did they think it's a good promo for me?

So passed over for the Jumpstart promo last year as well as this - looks like they don't really care whether I keep staying or not.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:54 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Received my first non-booking-confirmation e-mail from HH in YEARS, and it was this offer. I've been Diamond for probably the last 6-7 years, always on nights, and close on points, and I hold no HH credit cards.

Thanks, HH...I'm surely MORE loyal for another year because of this. And with the 2X/3X accompanying offer, I'm all about HH properties until at least May.

That being said, since there might be a reverse correlation, I'd rather have LT Diamond than the 100K points.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Question for those of us with the 2X week/3X weekend bonus offer, I looked again and I did not see an opt-out list which would be unheard of. Is there an optout list coming or is the bonus being covered by Hilton Corp and not the franchisees which is the only way I can see there being no opt out list based on all other promos?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:03 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
Question for those of us with the 2X week/3X weekend bonus offer, I looked again and I did not see an opt-out list which would be unheard of. Is there an optout list coming or is the bonus being covered by Hilton Corp and not the franchisees which is the only way I can see there being no opt out list based on all other promos?
Excellent question. Didn't even notice there wasn't an opt-out list or list of participating hotels. The fine print did mention "participating hotels", though, so there probably is an opt-out list. We just have to wait for it.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by indufan
You are greatly overestimating the power here. Most people would never think to even look for something like this. And most people won't.
Whether they're looking for it or not, gleff (who claims over 30k readers/day) just published a blog post titled "100,000 Free Hhonors Points".

So I guess we will see just how insignificant this is.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Whether they're looking for it or not, gleff (who claims over 30k readers/day) just published a blog post titled "100,000 Free Hhonors Points".

So I guess we will see just how insignificant this is.
How many of the 30,000 are Diamond at Hilton? And no, we won't see. How could we ever see that? Only Hilton would be able to see it.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
The previous official post from Hilton indicated there were not be any opt outs on the fewer and targeted promos this year.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falcon Flyer Gold, Hilton Diamon, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by dave10
UK Diamond for 9 years, and didn't get an email (and I have only recently begun to receive these after flagging this up to the HHonors rep here... thanks!), but the link gave me 100K points, but no additional offer.
Also UK based and got the same offer. Is it safe to assume this was the standard offer for all UK diamonds?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by indufan
How many of the 30,000 are Diamond at Hilton? And no, we won't see. How could we ever see that? Only Hilton would be able to see it.
I guess I don't know what your point is. You seemed to be trying to assert that the vast majority of people to whom this might be relevant (HH diamonds/golds) don't read online publications regarding frequent travel. I guess I was asserting that quite a few people do, given that FT has a membership of over 500,000 and the blogs are very well read as well. I don't know too many people who have just stumbled into high-tier elite status without reading about it. So your assertion that most people won't find out or care about this seemed sort of odd. Particularly in light of this just being a straight points giveaway; not even a challenge or anything. I would think most people would like that, and yes once word gets around, whether it be amongst readers of online fora or between co-workers like you mentioned, there's going to be a lot of animosity generated towards the people who were picked as losers.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I'd also like to find out the definition of "weekend" for this promotion. I think we've had varying definitions of weekend days over the years.

David
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Receiving this message:
REGISTRATION ERROR

Based on the account number you entered, you are not eligible for an exclusive offer at this time.

Guess I'm not exclusive enough LOL. This year for 2016 status I'm giving a lot more business to SPG and will demand CC spend to maintain diamond so will be interesting to see if I start getting more offers next years since I'll be a credit card diamond only instead of qualifying four ways like I did for this benefit year
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
No having the 2X/3X offer will really hurt, as I have some big $$ stays coming up soon. Maybe that's why I'm not eligible?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
So, I know that I'm being just like a petulant child, but I sent a note to the Diamond desk asking about this promotion and wondering what the selection criteria were. I received a reply in just a few minutes, but it didn't really elucidate on the issue other than state that they were unable to offer me the promotion since "this was a targeted offer available for select participants." So, it leaves unanswered the question whether this is a random selection of Diamonds or based on state of the art algorithms developed by Hilton IT's outstanding programmers.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by jefftiger
So, I know that I'm being just like a petulant child, but I sent a note to the Diamond desk asking about this promotion and wondering what the selection criteria were. I received a reply in just a few minutes, but it didn't really elucidate on the issue other than state that they were unable to offer me the promotion since "this was a targeted offer available for select participants." So, it leaves unanswered the question whether this is a random selection of Diamonds or based on state of the art algorithms developed by Hilton IT's outstanding programmers.
I would be extremely surprised if Hilton revealed the selection criteria for this or any other targeted promo. Companies just don't do that; they consider the criteria to be marketing secrets.

It would be very interesting to see how this new targeted promo strategy works out for Hilton. I was targeted for this one, but I know I'd be angry if I wasn't. Angry enough to actually switch to another hotel chain? I don't know the answer to that. Unfortunately, we'll never really know; it's not like Hilton is going to one day tell us that this was a big mistake. And FT is full of posts saying "I'm done with [fill in name of airline/hotel chain]," but whehter it actually happens is another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.