Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
So - why have they done this promo?

Some things come to mind:
1) They wanted to give something to their elites, and clearly distinguish Diamonds from Golds here. One of the common complaints by Diamonds is the lack of recognition over Golds.

2) However, Golds also got a Top-Deal, even if tied to stays. A fast-track to Diamond for some, specifically fast-tracks for requalification of former Diamonds may point to the fact, that Hilton has seen people actually voting with their feet, leaving the programme?!
And as for us diamonds who got nothing, what are they saying to us?

Ironically, just got my Marriott Megabonus email. Their emails always come right through. Usually I delete them, but will be reading this one.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I am not sure why those who barely qualified should be rewarded while those who give all their business to HHonors properties should be ignored.

Nobody knows for sure what they are trying to achieve with the targeted offers and how they choose who qualifies but these may do more to upset some members than achieve anything else... Especially at this age when information is shared and spreads within seconds. Targeted offers are supposed to be private but when they are out in the open it makes other members scratch their heads and wonder why they did not qualify and come up with all possible theories.
What are they trying? They are trying to get more future spending out of you. That is all, nothing more, nothing less. And I gotta a funny feeling they cemented this loyalty with more than a few people. But it cost them a lot of money to do it. These targeted offers are still private and 99.997% of people that didn't get, won't know about it. Flyertalk is an insignificant blip.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by indufan
What are they trying? They are trying to get more future spending out of you. That is all, nothing more, nothing less. And I gotta a funny feeling they cemented this loyalty with more than a few people. But it cost them a lot of money to do it. These targeted offers are still private and 99.997% of people that didn't get, won't know about it. Flyertalk is an insignificant blip.
Blogs etc will get wind of this soon i am sure.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
Diamond for 7 years through actual stays and didn't relieve the offer and link doesn't work either. Really disappointing as I stuck with Hilton through the major devaluation. This does not send a good message that only a percentage of your top tier elites get rewarded. Not sure what message Hilton is trying to send other than all diamonds are not the same. Makes me consider switching my loyalty.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Diamond since 2008 being excluded Feel like I am the brunette stuck in "Do you want a Pony?" Ally Bank Commercial
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I made diamond for the first time. I haven't received an email or anything. I'm sure Hilton thought it was doing a great thing for how ever many diamonds were lucky enough to receive the offer. With all the blogs and other media, though everyone learns of the offer and it generates hard feelings among those who were left out. So for every diamond they made happy how many more did they disappoint.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Can't make everyone happy, unless they give everyone 100k points now AND lifetime diamond!
Nah, even then people will complain about Hilton handing out too many LT Diamonds.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, BAEC Gold
UK Diamond for 9 years, and didn't get an email (and I have only recently begun to receive these after flagging this up to the HHonors rep here... thanks!), but the link gave me 100K points, but no additional offer.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Maybe the Diamonds that did not receive the offer are those in queue to get Lifetime Diamond status or this new Diamond Plus or whatever they are going to call it?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Blogs etc will get wind of this soon i am sure.
You are greatly overestimating the power here. Most people would never think to even look for something like this. And most people won't. Info from coworkers is a bigger culprit.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:56 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Miesque
Maybe the Diamonds that did not receive the offer are those in queue to get Lifetime Diamond status or this new Diamond Plus or whatever they are going to call it?
Perhaps, it seems that a lot of us who didn't get the offer have 15 or more years as Diamonds.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Didn't notice the e-mail, but when I registered at the site it said I got the points and the double and triple points offer.

I think I may have deleted the mail thinking it was a Hilton Grand Vacations thing.

Neil
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:29 am

Anyone who qualified for Diamond via $40k CC spend get the offer?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Not eligible, congrats for re-qualifying for Diamond (again) my butt!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:34 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Usually pretty good at getting HHonors emails but didn't see this. Tried that link from the first page and it worked for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.