Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold,Hertz President's Circle, AMEX Delta Reserve, GE/NEXUS
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MissJ
I got the offer and the points. Diamond last few years but dropped like a rock to Silver for 2015 after a job change that temporarily decreased travel.

I should be back up in status soon though. These extra points multipliers will be a good motivation.
Now - I'm really confused. I thought the offer stated "For maintaining your Diamond Status in 2015". So, a lot of diamonds including myself are not targeted, but Silvers are targeted?? SMH.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by andretti43
Now - I'm really confused. I thought the offer stated "For maintaining your Diamond Status in 2015". So, a lot of diamonds including myself are not targeted, but Silvers are targeted?? SMH.
Different offers for different tiers, e.g. targeted.

Some Diamonds appear to have gotten offer A, others have gotten Offer B
Some lapsed (to gold) Diamonds have gotten offer C or D
Some Golds have gotten offer E
and apparently Silvers (or lapsed diamond to silver) have gotten offer F

(Based on my impression from the replies in this thread)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
I have a wild theory for those of us that are repeat diamonds that qualified on most or all of the metrics and got shafted. Judging from posts, it seems like credit card diamonds didn't receive an offer. I called the diamond desk recently and thought it was weird that the agent told me I requalified based upon credit card spending. I told him that had actually requalified on every measure including stays/nights/base points. He had to go to another screen and was able to see that, but he said it showed Amex Surpass spending because he said that is what happened first. It would be very unfortunate if those of us who hit 40k first and then requalified on nights/stays/base points after were left out of this because of the way the promotion was queried. Did anyone get targeted that hit 40K first and then again qualified through one or all of the traditional nights/stays/base points triggers?

I'm hoping the real reason is because a Diamond+ status is coming.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Different offers for different tiers, e.g. targeted.

Some Diamonds appear to have gotten offer A, others have gotten Offer B
Some lapsed (to gold) Diamonds have gotten offer C or D
Some Golds have gotten offer E
and apparently Silvers (or lapsed diamond to silver) have gotten offer F

(Based on my impression from the replies in this thread)
And some Diamonds who re-earned Diamond got nada
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Exactly!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:09 pm

I have a wild theory for those of us that are repeat diamonds that qualified on most or all of the metrics and got shafted. Judging from posts, it seems like credit card diamonds didn't receive an offer. I called the diamond desk recently and thought it was weird that the agent told me I requalified based upon credit card spending. I told him that had actually requalified on every measure including stays/nights/base points. He had to go to another screen and was able to see that, but he said it showed Amex Surpass spending because he said that is what happened first. It would be very unfortunate if those of us who hit 40k first and then requalified on nights/stays/base points after were left out of this because of the way the promotion was queried. Did anyone get targeted that hit 40K first and then qualified through the traditional triggers of nights/stays/base points?

I'm hoping the real reason is because a Diamond+ status is coming.
There is no rhyme or reason to it. Long time diamonds with tons of everything who would qualify for a "Diamond+" got shafted. So did first time second time, many time. Credit card diamonds reported getting it. So did golds, silvers, everyone.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got the follow response from the Diamond Desk:

I am unable to extend this offer as this was a targeted offer available for select participants. However, I will be happy to extend a special offer of 2,500 bonus points for your first/next stay within the next 60 days.

Bit of a kick in the teeth
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:32 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I just got the email now

Instead of complaining that I didn't get the promotion, which I would be also doing right now , maybe it's just a matter of time until you get the email

Or check your SPAM folder

Regardless, pretty happy I got both the 100,000 and 2X and 3X promotion
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
For now.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There is no rhyme or reason to it.
Sorry, appreciate you feeling a bit raw about this and I'm not trying to pick a fight but there has to be some method to the offer or how would it go out? I don't believe they simply picked every 3rd person in the list of members nor do I think they sent it to everyone obviously so some (even if it was a random generator) algorithm was used.

There could be one or several metrics they used: (examples that apply to me that may help, not that I think we'll find the metrics)

-some periods in past 3 years with heavy Hilton activity and some periods that are 'dry' where I have gone elsewhere and they wish to tempt one to stay continuously throughout the year

-maybe the offer gets triggered when you have completed 5 stays/5 nights in 2015?

-maybe the offer gets triggered when you have more than 10 upcoming stays booked for 2015

-maybe you need to be a HHonors member and have a Hilton branded credit card with a stay paid on it in 2015...

-maybe you needed to redeem in 2014? (or multiple years) If you only stash the points away and have several hundred thousand/million...what the hell do you need 100k points for!!! Some other offer will be better targeted to you that entices you to stay and spend with them.

you get the idea...there could be any trigger for this offer or multiples of triggers.

There could be some metric of increasing/decreasing spend over the last 3 years as a diamond (but not necessarily maintaining it for 2015)

etc, etc...

point being that we may not know what the metric(s) is/are but there is one, guaranteed. They aren't giving 100k away for the hell of it.

I hope you and the others that haven't received this offer get something equally usable/interesting to you (or lifetime status)...I'll try not to be jealous or complain for my part...
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Centurion, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Plat Pref, AA Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis Presidents Club
I just got the email. Clicked on it and 100k already appeared on my account.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:43 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That could be a good way of knowing why some people get it,

Originally Posted by BotB
-maybe the offer gets triggered when you have completed 5 stays/5 nights in 2015?
January was slow, just 4

-maybe the offer gets triggered when you have more than 10 upcoming stays booked for 2015
Just 5

-maybe you need to be a HHonors member and have a Hilton branded credit card with a stay paid on it in 2015...
No credit card

-maybe you needed to redeem in 2014? (or multiple years) If you only stash the points away and have several hundred thousand/million...what the hell do you need 100k points for!!! Some other offer will be better targeted to you that entices you to stay and spend with them.
I spent close to 200,000 points last year.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jfe
I just got the email now

Instead of complaining that I didn't get the promotion, which I would be also doing right now , maybe it's just a matter of time until you get the email

Or check your SPAM folder

Regardless, pretty happy I got both the 100,000 and 2X and 3X promotion
What were you stats with HH - Long time diamond, diamond, Other? Some of us with real long term loyalty have been told that we are not eligible for anything. Checking spam folder and wishing the tooth fairy will come are not going to do anything.

This is a double whammy for those of us who are lontime supporters of the HH program as it continues to flood the program with miles that make it more difficult to redeem awards and forces HH to inflate redemption rates to deal with the flood. I earned my miles the old fashioned way over 20 years as a Diamond. Now every Tom, Dick, and Sally can be a Diamond - total dilution of program and benefits.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:47 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
What were you stats with HH - Long time diamond, diamond, Other? Some of us with real long term loyalty have been told that we are not eligible for anything. Checking spam folder and wishing the tooth fairy will come are not going to do anything.

This is a double whammy for those of us who are lontime supporters of the HH program as it continues to flood the program with miles that make it more difficult to redeem awards and forces HH to inflate redemption rates to deal with the flood. I earned my miles the old fashioned way over 20 years as a Diamond. Now every Tom, Dick, and Sally can be a Diamond - total dilution of program and benefits.
Been, as far as I remember

Blue
Silver
Gold
Gold
Diamond
Diamond
Diamond
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:49 pm

and they wish to tempt one to stay continuously throughout the year

2 Stays/6 Nights

Three so far.

Two credit cards - both with a stay charged on it.

130,000 in 2014.

2010-2013 - Diamond
2014 - Dropped to gold, but requalified as a Diamond in May.
2015 - Still a Diamond

Not sure what triggers the promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.