Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Welcome to FT and the HHonors forum Jeroen van den Bosch ^

Sorry that your first post was one of frustration and disappointment however, try not to judge too quickly as you may find this or another offer coming to you soon. (one hopes, I have no insider info).

It appears you lurked here previously but this offer made you sign up and finally post so I'll welcome you again and hope that you'll contribute to the forum going forward about both good and bad experiences and provide insight where you feel you can contribute.

Think positive, you may be about to receive something better than 100k @:-)

(out of curiosity, how many years have you been diamond? Just to add to the anecdotal evidence we are trying to gather about this promo).
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Heard about this 100k points via Flyertalk earlier today. I never receive any emails so didn't receive this offer - tried the link but was rejected. This morning a couple of my team arrived (we're working out-of-country at the moment). Whoops of joy as they read their emails from Hilton. Nothing but disappointment (and green-eyed envy) on my side.

Strange thing is we're all staying away at this time. I'm in the local Hilton (have been for the last 4 weeks and will be for the next three months) whereas the guys are in the local Marriott for the duration!!

So I miss out whilst staying at the Hilton and they get more Hilton points than me by staying at Marriott instead. I've discussed this with the diamond desk today but to no avail.

Loyalty... what's that ??
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I gotta say , this all does seem a bit unfair......I didn't get an email but tried the link and got 1000 points in my account within the next 5 mins.......however if I was not targeted as some people are not, I would feel a bit cheated!......dunno if I agree with this targeted promotions direction, seems to brew a lot of resentment.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:53 am

Thanks!

Originally Posted by BotB
Welcome to FT and the HHonors forum Jeroen van den Bosch ^

Sorry that your first post was one of frustration and disappointment however, try not to judge too quickly as you may find this or another offer coming to you soon. (one hopes, I have no insider info).

It appears you lurked here previously but this offer made you sign up and finally post so I'll welcome you again and hope that you'll contribute to the forum going forward about both good and bad experiences and provide insight where you feel you can contribute.

Think positive, you may be about to receive something better than 100k @:-)

(out of curiosity, how many years have you been diamond? Just to add to the anecdotal evidence we are trying to gather about this promo).
Thanks for the nice welcome message!

I am indeed frustrated about this situation, but this is not my first time at FT :-) I signed is using FB because I forgot my other details.
Anyway, what just gets to me is the fact that it takes an hour on the phone to even get to the point and the only thing the Honours people say that this promotion is a hoax! I did phone back and another person at the Diamond Desk said this promotion was only for people who had at least 3 years of Diamond Status. This would include me, as I have it for 4 years now and then he said he did not know why I did not get it :-)

Anyway, Fingers crossed, but sometimes it just feels staying elsewhere gets me more Honours promotions that being loyal and for a program that is called a 'loyalty' program it just does not seem right.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
2014: 62 nights, 210000 Base Points.....no cigar....I can almost hear my RA card sneering in my wallet
The lack of promotion for Feb-Mar has already generated a USD5000 revenue reallocation to IHG...this just makes me feel good about it .
If somebody has a theory regarding the method in this madness, please feel free to share
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by beergut
I got it a couple of days ago and haven't stayed in a Hilton for about Ten years !

I had Diamond through Amex centurion but dropped that card Twelve months ago, I wasn't even expecting to keep Diamond status for another year let alone get 100,000 points.
Wow. Maybe it is truly random. A roll of the dice!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:29 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by turnpike17
This is the link from the email.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/11102014/
As usual, I did not get any email from HH (and yes, I have contacted Erin and it was supposed to have been fixed but was not).

But, when I used the link, the 100K points were in my account and the 2x and 3x points registration was accepted.

I really wish HH would fix the email problems that have been widely reported here. Who knows what I have missed in the past.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:31 am

Nope

Diamond for 10 years and I got nothing. I guess maintaining your status only applies to some, not all. I don't have high hopes for HH this year.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:32 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
If somebody has a theory regarding the method in this madness, please feel free to share
well, if this is tied to the lifetime status and is a way to say thanks but you didn't qualify...(I hope not!) then maybe:

2 years as diamond or more (non sequential) in the last 10/15 years AND stays < 500 OR nights < 1000 or something similar could be a starting point?

I have completed 4 years as diamond and have less than 300 stays and less than 400 nights personally. (finally asked the diamond desk today)

Does anyone that HAS received the offer (or used the link and was successful) have more than 500 stays? 800/1000 nights?

Certainly we seem to have diamonds that are 10+ years as diamond receiving the offer so not just that criteria. Not linked to redeeming, not linked to credit card. Doesn't seem to be linked to the stay frequency / number last year or to future stays. Equally, we have people that were diamond more than one year but not last year...

Thoughts?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:43 am

Just called the Diamond Desk, asked for a supervisor. She said "they haven't given us any information" about this "targeted promotion". Kept claiming it was based on "stay history" - dumbfounded when I mentioned that everyone from 10 year diamonds to people who haven't stayed at hilton properties in years was getting this promotion. She said she has received "hundreds" of calls about this. (I should mention this was after a 10 minute hold; pretty busy for the Diamond Desk)

If each of those hundreds (this was the Diamond desk) is doing 30 stays you are talking about about MILLIONS in revenue ready to walk - and that's just what has called the diamond desk to complain.

Of course, not a peep out of the hhonors employee on this board.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Smile Thanks HH!

My e-mail came yesterday. The 100,000 points posted as soon as I clicked the link in the e-mail. What a nice way for HH to show its appreciation for loyalty to the program.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:12 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I'm going to play the devil's advocate here...All of these calls to the Diamond Desk with complaints is a sure-fire way to get any and all promotions canned for the future...At what point does HHonors say "It's just not worth it...All of this backlash."?

Yes. I was eligible for this one. But there have literally been dozens, if not hundreds of targeted offers across travel providers, (mostly) from United (I've NEVER been targeted for one offer--ever), but others from Hilton, from Marriott, Delta, IHG, Hertz, Alamo, Hyatt--take your pick. I don't go running to them complaining when I'm not targeted.

IMhO, there's a reason people are targeted...We might not know the exact reasons behind it...But there are business reasons nonetheless. I was lucky enough to get this one. I probably won't get the next one (and I will not call if I don't). United, in all of their craptacular-ness will have ~5 targeted offers this year, I won't be eligible for one of them--and they won't be hearing from me about it.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
Well said. I'm in the same boat (a bunch of stays already completed, many more reserved...in fact I'm at a Hilton now). I will reserve judgment for a bit longer and hope to edit this post with good news. If not, well, I'm enrolled in the Hyatt Elite Trial to get Hyatt Diamond but was keeping Hilton as my other chain since I have plenty of hotel stays to go around. I'll likely make the switch over to Marriott as my other chain if Hilton chooses not to reward it's longtime loyal customers such as myself.
I know there are some of us like myself who have branched out into Hyatt within the last year or so as they were pretty aggressive with the benefits they offered with their status challenge which resulted in myself having a materially less stay/night/points total than 2013. I am sure they run a lot of different metrics and I am not sure if they noticed other similar behavior and this is 100K move is to sweeten the pot. The other way they could be frequency of point usage. I intermittently use points up throughout the year whereas I know there are some Diamonds out there that just build up their balance (I would have thought the most recent devaluation would have changed that behavior but some travel so much for business so much its more difficult to burn though the miles).

Just more speculation on how they made the capricious decision on this Bonus. Even though I am glad I got the bonus, the lack of transparency in all of this (and also the Lifetime Diamond awards) is disconcerting because the whole point of a loyalty program is to positively influence customer behavior in regards to your product and lack of understanding on how stuff is achieved for one versus the other is very contrary to this.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:26 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I am very surprised that HHonors is trying targeted promos again. For a long time they stopped using targeted promos because of all the problems/complaints they caused. Last year Hyatt tried it and had to give in and offer the promo to everyone that asked for it.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
I emailed [email protected] as to why I did not get the offer and here is the wonderful reply I got back:
"From time to time we invite members who frequently spend a majority of their stays outside Hilton to come explore our hotels and brands, while some promotions may not be directed toward our most loyal members, and other times we present offers designed specifically for them.

We extend offers several times throughout the year to express our gratitude for your loyalty, and we aim to create interesting offers for all levels of members. Some offers go to all of our members, while some are more targeted. To find out more about ongoing promotions and other unique offers, please check out hhonors.com"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.