Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I got it...about 110 nites last year. I was very pleased and it got me over my captcha tantrum.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100
Received same offer as OP. First time I was ever targeted for something by Hilton. Miracles do happen! Just want to add a data point. I qualified for Diamond around August 2014 and only had a couple more nights after that, the rest of my nights went to Marriott until just before Christmas where I spent 2 nights at Hilton.

Don't know if they are targeting Diamonds who slowed down their stays after qualifying...

I got it and qualified by june, stays never slowed--but I also have not gotten much in the way of previous offers.....
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by nlkm9
I got it...about 110 nites last year. I was very pleased and it got me over my captcha tantrum.
I hate to say it, but I was wondering if this 100K pts to Diamonds was some sort of a Captcha peace offering. Those of us who are Diamonds typically spend a decent amount of time booking, changing, checking reservations and the Captcha temper tantrum is a side effect of material Hilton.com use at present
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Hit Diamond, for the first time, on stays in December. No email nor love from the link.

Considering the preponderance of posers in here have received 100K pts it feels like getting served a bowl of steaming poo.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Hit Diamond, for the first time, on stays in December. No email nor love from the link.

Considering the preponderance of posers in here have received 100K pts it feels like getting served a bowl of steaming poo.

as one who spent 110 nites in hamptons in 2014, I dont feel like a poser
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
:
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
+1.

Maybe they went through and only selected those of us that barely made Diamond and rewarded us? They realize those of us close have other options (and are exercising them) so they're trying to keep us and they feel the ones who choose to qualify with lots of cushion are a captive audience.
I can categorically say that this is not the case for me I was >2x on stays, >2x on nights and >1.4 on points for Diamond qualification and I did get the promo.... I was consistent on stays throughout the year.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.

Poor choice of words, posers? ...?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Diamond for five years with over 100 stays per year and Amex Surpass, with about 1.5 million points, but no offer at all.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
No email here, but the OPs link did work. I will certainly enjoy the extra 100,000 points. Just glad I didn't have to complete a captcha to get the points.

Data points: diamond for 5 years, average of 35 stays / 50 nights. Hilton is my backup to Marriott.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Miesque
I hate to say it, but I was wondering if this 100K pts to Diamonds was some sort of a Captcha peace offering. Those of us who are Diamonds typically spend a decent amount of time booking, changing, checking reservations and the Captcha temper tantrum is a side effect of material Hilton.com use at present
I didn't get the offer, but on a side note, I've resorted to using the app for simple tasks to avoid the captchas.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jpginmiami
I just got the email. Clicked on it and 100k already appeared on my account.
Diamond 8+ years. No email (yet). Clicked on link and got confirmation and 2/3 offer. No points in account yet.

Anyone else not get email, get link to work, but not get points?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Diamond for 15 years. First 12 based on lots of stays but I failed to qualify for Diamond in 2012 as I retired in 2011. I was given a three year "legacy" diamond extension that ends this year. I have been averaging about 20 nights a year since I retired.

I did not receive an email (but I have never received an email from Hilton, with the exception of confirmations). I tried the link and found out I was not eligible. I do feel like a red headed step child but I suppose Hilton feels I'm not worth it.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So anyone who gets the bonus is a poser? Wow, that's all I can say.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Plat
Wasn't eligible. I officially quit Hilton January 1st. After five years of diamond I'm going back to Marriott. The few places I like to go on my own dime never have reasonable awards available any more and the overall quality of the Hiltons (mainly large city center ones) has become "meh" at best. I could care less about a free lounge drink or wifi at this point.

I also quit United this year. That was really becoming a bad marriage...
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by timfountain
Poor choice of words, posers? ...?

I'm not quite getting that one either. .. considering most of us likely have hundreds (and some thousands) of nights at Hiltons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.