Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
YMMV. Are you staying at Hilton Properties in Europe or the USA?
Primariy USA.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
This is incorrect. I am frequently welcomed as a Lifetime Diamond guest at various properties, with related upgrades quite often.
He's partially correct. On the arrivals screen in OnQ there is nothing there that denotes Diamond from Lifetime Diamond. To see that the agent would have to read the Guest Dossier pop up (most will just automatically suppress this before reading it) during the check in process or print/read the Best Guest Report.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
He's partially correct. On the arrivals screen in OnQ there is nothing there that denotes Diamond from Lifetime Diamond. To see that the agent would have to read the Guest Dossier pop up (most will just automatically suppress this before reading it) during the check in process or print/read the Best Guest Report.
As you well know, there are various versions and configurations of OnQ.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
As you well know, there are various versions and configurations of OnQ.
Over time there have been some changes/modifications to the PMS systems as a whole but the arrivals screen hasn't changed in a very long time across most domestic brands. Hilton's internal PMS training that all desk agents are supposed to go through regardless of property also hasn't changed in a very long time. That training is also not brand specific. It's shown in more of a generic FS capacity and then you're suppose to apply it to wherever you work since in principal, domestically, it's all the same.
SPN Lifer and Michael19887 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by poker9ite
Do you have the Hilton Amex card? Starting last year about mid-year they allowed all CC spending to be put towards base points until the end of 2022. If your company allows you to use your personal card for work along with putting all of your personal charges on there you can make a serious dent in the 2,000,000 base spend. I make more points on the CC than I do on stays.
So much for the thought that perhaps they will upgrade LTD better than regular Diamonds in the future as the LTDs have achieved their status with actual hotel stays.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
So much for the thought that perhaps they will upgrade LTD better than regular Diamonds in the future as the LTDs have achieved their status with actual hotel stays.
As an LTD, I still feel that repeat guests should get preference over LTDs for upgrades, as they likely have more benefit to individual properties.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a drop down in OnQ for Lifetime Diamond. I've seen invoices that have Lifetime Diamond on them.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

30% of the time they note the LTD designation verbally, 90% they do not. International more than domestic.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hotscot (Post # 1908)
"Upon further review, our records show that you have completed the following toward Lifetime Diamond:

10 of 10 Years In Diamond
471 of 1,000 Nights
804,746 of 2,000,000 Base Points

Please note, future Diamond status, even if already earned, does not count towards Lifetime Diamond status until that year is completed."
It would be so nice if this information were available to each of us by viewing our accounts online, rather than having to make a special request.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by hfly
30% of the time they note the LTD designation verbally, 90% they do not. International more than domestic.
Shouldn’t those numbers add up to 100?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
There's a drop down in OnQ for Lifetime Diamond. I've seen invoices that have Lifetime Diamond on them.
Yep..this is why declarative statements such as “no way in their system” are not accurate or helpful.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:12 pm

Umm ok…sounds like something Brian Fantana would say in Anchorman.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:46 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
As an LTD, I still feel that repeat guests should get preference over LTDs for upgrades, as they likely have more benefit to individual properties.
I don't have a problem with that. However if they make LTD achievable via credit card spend then it makes that status less exclusive and could suffer from similar shortcomings as regular Diamond status, even though less acute.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by golfmad
Shouldn’t those numbers add up to 100?
🤣
SPN Lifer and DiverDave like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I meant 70, not 90, sorry
golfmad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.