Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Putting the scam issue to the side for a moment with 10 years at Diamond already the OP is a perfect candidate to bang the Aspire card through (I think) the end of the year to puff up the LT spend measure. That is what i did last year in a similar situation to get across the finish line. It likely would have happened on its own over the next 2-4 years but the opportunity was to good to resist.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It sounds like the OP will shortly have no points in their account...

Nice young chaps working for Hilton don't need to email you a code to confirm who you say you are. They ask you questions because they have all of your details in front of them.

Hilton always sends me a code via email in order to verify my identity before they will let me use my Free Night Certificate.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Hilton agents do send out codes to verify identity. There is nothing suspicious about that.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Putting the scam issue to the side for a moment with 10 years at Diamond already the OP is a perfect candidate to bang the Aspire card through (I think) the end of the year to puff up the LT spend measure. That is what i did last year in a similar situation to get across the finish line. It likely would have happened on its own over the next 2-4 years but the opportunity was to good to resist.
So Aspire points count as base points? I tried to find that answer, but didn't get very far.

Not that I'm necessarily near LT Diamond, but if that's the case, that should be my ticket to a quicker path.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:44 am

See here https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton-h...ue-for-members

Points earned through spend on Amex cards count for status through 12/31/21.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
See here https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton-h...ue-for-members

Points earned through spend on Amex cards count for status through 12/31/21.
Check it is now through 12/31/22 https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton-h...perks-policies
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it only took them a few years to water down Lifetime as well. First paid only, then reward and paid and now credit card spend in the US market.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:31 am

Can anyone clarify please? Does Aspire spend contribute to Lifetime Diamond? I currently do 4K-6K a month on my Sapphire Reserve. (Paid off every month.)

Anyway...
I called the HH contact number on the website.

I received this reply from

Hilton Honors <[email protected]>

Hi,

Here is your temporary code: xxxxx
Use this code to verify your identity. It will expire after 10 minutes.
We sent this email because we use two-factor authentication to keep your Hilton Honors account secure. Didn’t request a code? Log in and change your password now.
Thank you,
The Hilton Honors team

He knew my Hilton account details and Hilton sent me a follow up survey.
If a scam then I admire their thoroughness..
Just checked my account. All is well.

Last edited by hotscot; Nov 2, 2021 at 11:17 am
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Had no idea about Amex spend counting towards LTD...how many points per dollar, and is it any and all spend??
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by jeffers
Had no idea about Amex spend counting towards LTD...how many points per dollar, and is it any and all spend??
It is at the level of all the points you earn eg 6 per dollar spent for restaurants and gas, 12 for Hilton stays, 3 all else. You still need 10 years as Diamond for LT but this is a great way to pump up the LT spend requirement.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hugolover
Yes, it only took them a few years to water down Lifetime as well. First paid only, then reward and paid and now credit card spend in the US market.
Lifetime status means nothing and now breakfast isn’t even free anymore as they’ve switched to a credit/voucher system with like a $10 to $12 USD credit that absolutely does not offset the cost of a cup of coffee and a breakfast meal at DT and HGI properties. Supposedly this system is only in effect through the end of the year but IMHO you can expect that it will not end.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/hilton...dining-credit/
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by KenTarmac; Nov 2, 2021 at 2:07 pm
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Lifetime status means nothing and now breakfast isn’t even free anymore as they’ve switched to a credit/voucher system with like a $10 to $12 USD credit that absolutely does not offset the cost of a cup of coffee and a breakfast meal at DT and HGI properties. Supposedly this system is only in effect through the end of the year but IMHO you can expect that it will not end.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/hilton...dining-credit/

I've just spent a month driving all over Utah, CA, Arizona, NM.
Hampton Inn, Home2 and HGI.

Free breakfast in every Hilton.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by hotscot
I've just spent a month driving all over Utah, CA, Arizona, NM.
Hampton Inn, Home2 and HGI.

Free breakfast in every Hilton.
Some of those, breakfast was, and still is included for EVERYONE, regardless of status, like at Hamptons and Embassy Suites. They aren't affected by the change in policy.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:48 pm

Still a free breakfast.
The previous commenter...' breakfast isn’t even free anymore'.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
I'm currently at the DT in Cincinnati and they quoted me the "voucher/credit" program. I've also run into this at the DT in Phoenix this year.

YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.