Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I guess I’l rant a bit....

I hardly stay at Hilton properties anymore as a Lifetime DIamond Honors member. It’s not special and I’m not differentiated at properties from someone who got Diamond this year with a credit card. There is no other incentive for me to stay at Hiltons. I reached Lifetime status about 3 years ago. It took me about 13 years of loyal, going out of the way travel stays to achieve this.

I’ve put almost all of my money with Marriott. I’ve achieved lifetime Titanium and Ambassador status. Fortunately, my ambassador is still working and providing me personal service. In addition, I do, overall, receive special treatment at most hotels including receiving more complimentary upgrades, additional points, breakfast, etc. I’ve found the locations to be more plentiful for my travels (including Greece and Italy). When I do meetings, I always choose Marriott properties. St Regis, Ritz Carlton and the Luxury Collection properties are mostly fantastic. Waldorf is comparable and Conrad is nice but really that’s it for me when it comes to luxury brands.

Hilton really needs to do something to differentiate. I guess one advantage will be when I retire I’ll hopefully get complimentary water and breakfast on a fixed budget!
Old Jan 29, 2021, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by buckeye91
I guess I’l rant a bit....

I hardly stay at Hilton properties anymore as a Lifetime DIamond Honors member. It’s not special and I’m not differentiated at properties from someone who got Diamond this year with a credit card.
Sad to say, but hotel companies do not value your past spend. LT status exists to attract a higher % of wallet while you are a traveller. No more no less.

So Hilton's cut of a $450 per year credit card holder is much more valuable to Hilton today than you are.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Sad to say, but hotel companies do not value your past spend. LT status exists to attract a higher % of wallet while you are a traveller. No more no less.

So Hilton's cut of a $450 per year credit card holder is much more valuable to Hilton today than you are.
True with Hilton, but there is a true differentiation with Marriott. I cannot go higher in lifetime status with them either
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
My Diamond status is on account of being BA Gold Guest List. Do I qualify for the Holiday Elite status gifting? Haven't received any emails with unique code from Hilton Honors to date...
Have you try to call and ask? I get my Diamond from BA GGL too
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by high.and.above
Have you try to call and ask? I get my Diamond from BA GGL too
As data point, I wrote to [email protected]on 14 January, eventually received a reply on 28 January with nomination code. The email did mention that the code was valid until 31 January only. It took 2 weeks for Hilton to respond to a Diamond member's email, and the code literally arrived just in the nick of time!

PSA: Note [email protected] is an invalid email address, as I never received an acknowledgement after sending an email to that.
high.and.above likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
PSA: Note [email protected] is an invalid email address, as I never received an acknowledgement after sending an email to that.
This is incorrect and should be deleted. The email is valid; many of us have received responses using that address.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:40 am

Despite having emailed: [email protected] and guest assistance several times, I’ve had no reply or assistance with this. Disappointingly, I think it’s time to give up.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took them over 3 weeks and a few e-mails, but they did finally get back to me and I gifted it. I think that they are down a lot of people.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by hfly
It took them over 3 weeks and a few e-mails, but they did finally get back to me and I gifted it. I think that they are down a lot of people.
I’ve been waiting 2 weeks so will give it another one with no expectations ! I guess they’ll need to manually extend it to me now?
Old Feb 8, 2021, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Just got a reply (emailed about two weeks ago) that said I wasn’t eligible because I just became a Diamond on 12/24/20, when I needed to be a Diamond since 12/1/20. In fact, I’ve been a Diamond for 10+ years. I’m waiting for a response trying to figure out what’s wrong with their data, but I’m sure I’ll be waiting another two weeks to get an answer. So much for recognizing loyalty.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:26 am

2021 Kit Update

* December 24, 2020 - Received email re: Lifetime Diamond Status.
* February 3, 2021 - Received email that welcome kit is on its way.
* February 24, 2021 - Kit arrived.

Kit contents are exactly the same as stated below.

Originally Posted by PeS
It went smoothly here:
  • Mar 14th - "You've achieved Lifetime Diamond status!", asking me to check the address on the profile
  • May 1st - "Your welcome kit is on its way!"
  • May 16th - kit arrived
It's a metal card, luggage tag, booklet and Bose Soundsport Wireless. Quite large box, 33x28x10 cm (13x11x4"). Sent by UPS, most likely unregistered/without tracking - last mile delivery by national post who did not want any signature upon delivery.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboola
* December 24, 2020 - Received email re: Lifetime Diamond Status.
* February 3, 2021 - Received email that welcome kit is on its way.
* February 24, 2021 - Kit arrived.

Kit contents are exactly the same as stated below.
Same experience mid 2020.

Headphones are still in the box they came in, god i am a lazy bugger .
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Which way is easier to Lifetime Diamond 1000 nights or 2 million base points??

I've been too loyal to Marriott and I finally decided to give Hilton a chance. I got the Aspire in Oct and wanted to know which way you think is easier. The aspire is allowing base points on spend till the end of 2021. I have about 30k in base points now and I won't be able to spend my way to 2 million base points unless someone has a new trick to MS (please pm me). I'll use the aspire for my go 2 card for the rest of the year. I'll probably end up with about 100k total base points by the end of the year. I literally only have 5 nights with Hilton as of now and I dont plan on more than 60-100 nights/year with them for the next few years. It should take me probably 12-13 years to reach 1000 nights. Another option is I say screw it and just keep the Aspire card and not try for lifetime Diamond and go for Hyatt Globalist. The only reason im trying with Hilton is the footprint and the cost of the annual fee is erased from the benefits of the card. $250 airline $250 resort 1 free Night cert. Sorry I know this is first-world problems im just trying to plan ahead. All advice would be appreciated, TIA.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Keep in mind that you will need a minimum of 10 years as a Diamond for either avenue. Personally, I would just requalify for Diamond annually (via Aspire Amex or 30 stays/60 nights each year). I really don't think there is any tangible benefit to being a Diamond via the Lifetime route versus doing it the normal way each year. In other words, I would not waste any money on unnecessary stays just to achieve Lifetime Diamond any faster (unless I was only a very small number of nights away from qualifying).
SPN Lifer, kilo and JfromTheBay like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I really really hate relying on credit cards. But hold onto that Aspire card indefinitely and you are "lifetime" Diamond already. I don't think earning 3 points per $ spent - at BEST 1.5%, but closer to 1.2% IMO - is worth actually putting much non-Hilton spend through it - there are far better alternatives...

And FWIW Hyatt Globalist is much better than anything Marriott or Hilton have to offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.