Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt

I just got off the phone with the "diamond desk" (quotes b/c I rarely get a real diamond desk rep) and was told that my expiring Diamond card is my card for life. Is that correct? I understand that my info is stored electronically, but it seems a bit out of whack with any other loyalty program. I have new Hyatt and SPG cards, new UA and DL cards.

Indeed, it probably doesn't matter at all - then why post a new thread - because it just seems odd... If my Diamond card is my card for life, then why have an expiration date? (Also, the "Diamond" rep was a bit snotty to me when I asked)

I can't wait for that check in where the desk clerk tells me that my Diamond status has expired because: "it says so right there on your expired Diamond card."

[I think I remember thread about new cards but searched and didn't find it]

Cheers -
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:54 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I've been a Diamond for nine years running now and I've stayed in Hiltons all over the world. Not once have I ever been asked for my card. Never. Ever.

So who cares?
KenTarmac and Bipolar Cyclops like this.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:14 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Yep, it is true. The card is yours for life! The status may expire, but they will never ask you to return the card.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
IIRC the tier you have is good for the calendar year and if you do not earn the points required to maintain that tier you will revert to the tier based on earned points. As stated earlier the card is yours to keep.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I've been a Diamond for nine years running now and I've stayed in Hiltons all over the world. Not once have I ever been asked for my card. Never. Ever.

So who cares?
I think in Vegas you need to flash the DIA card to get access to the fasttrack restaurant line ?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
If you want a new card with a new expiration date, simply request a replacement card. I did and it had the new exp. date
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I don't understand the OP. You find it odd that you get to keep your card? Why? Were you expecting them to ask for it back? You get to keep your credit cards after they expire. You get to keep your passport after it expires. The key is they have all expired and so are basically worthless except for sentimental value.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You should get a new card with a new expiration date. You do not get one card and use it for life.

Search for the dozens of threads about the cards and how they always have the wrong dates, etc.

See this thread for the day by day update of cards coming out

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...edentials.html
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Notenut
I don't understand the OP. You find it odd that you get to keep your card? Why? Were you expecting them to ask for it back? You get to keep your credit cards after they expire. You get to keep your passport after it expires. The key is they have all expired and so are basically worthless except for sentimental value.
If I understand correctly, the OP is not concerned about returning the card, but about not getting a new card every year (as with most frequent flyer/guest programs). From what I understand from the OP, every year that s/he requalifies for diamond, s/he's still supposed to use the same card (with the now expired date on it).
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I had to show my card to the manager at ADT to prove I was diamond even though my reservation stated so. No upgrade, but I still wanted lounge access.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by sockrebel
If I understand correctly, the OP is not concerned about returning the card, but about not getting a new card every year (as with most frequent flyer/guest programs). From what I understand from the OP, every year that s/he requalifies for diamond, s/he's still supposed to use the same card (with the now expired date on it).
Pretty much sums up my Post. Again, it just seemed odd.

And in reply to a couple other posts: 1) Good idea about requesting a new card - just did that; 2) I too have had problems at LAS Hilton, my US BOS-LAS-TUS flight never quite did make it to TUS and but for a sympathetic desk clerk at ~2AM, I would not have received any benefits. [ended up with a two level-ish room, a few steps down from the "bedroom" into a "living room" area, with doors that opened up to a pool - too bad I didn't get to enjoy it]

Cheers -
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i agree the card is barely used but its still nice to have it in the unlikely evert you need it (lv hilton is an example)....

i have been diamond for over 3 years now....i get a new card every year....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I got my Dia card in the mail today and in the expiration field it says "Lifetime". Maybe that's because I just signed up for the Surpass?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Lifetime ehh? If that card ever cracks, fades, peels, demagnetizes, or befalls other issues that may compromise it's lifetime longevity I would certainly call and demand another one.

Gotta makes sure it truly stands the test of time.

-- Mia
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Lifetime Diamond Status Arrives at Hilton Honors — With Required Qualifications

This thread is for any news or questions regarding the announcement of lifetime status coming to HHonors.

Just to keep it to one place!

Wiki will have the latest info, but for those on mobile devices and using FT app the news was posted by our rep in this post and states:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!
If you find any other news relating to this exciting new and welcome development please post it in this thread!

Some interesting bits to glean from the above:

-Diamond members only and invite needed rather than automatic.
-Definitely worth getting your email situation sorted to ensure you can receive this invite if you would be 'invited' !

Last edited by BotB; Dec 16, 2014 at 2:31 pm Reason: adding original post link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.