Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jaenks
The point is that the lifetime status would give your peace of mind, regardless of the credit card ownership. Credit cards could be discontinued and the new ones could be in a different bank or without Diamond status.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:26 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by jeffers
I was going for lifetime diamond (7 years, roughly half required stays), but what's the point now that I have a credit card giving me the status anyway?
The point is that the lifetime status would give your peace of mind, regardless of the credit card ownership. Credit cards could be discontinued and the new ones could be in a different bank or without Diamond status.
Plus, you would not have to pay an annual fee of up to $450.00 to keep Diamond status if it cannot be done with stays.

However, the American Express cards have offered additional value with which the annual fee becomes worth paying for some people — including discounts on goods and services, complimentary access to Priority Pass lounges worldwide, and credits for hotel stays and airplane incidentals.

Ironically, each year you have Diamond status with an American Express card is a year closer to Lifetime Diamond status...
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Remember, this is "lifetime" status subject to the terms and conditions of the Hilton Honors program.
Diamond status can be watered down, Hilton can change their program, etc.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by izzik
Remember, this is "lifetime" status subject to the terms and conditions of the Hilton Honors program.
Diamond status can be watered down, Hilton can change their program, etc.
Nothing is eternal. When Diamond status will be watered down, the credit card Diamond status benefits would not be an excepcion.

Last edited by Jaenks; Oct 21, 2021 at 5:18 pm
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jeffers
I was going for lifetime diamond (7 years, roughly half required stays), but what's the point now that I have a credit card giving me the status anyway?
I'm not sure how true it is, but allegedly, LT Diamonds get priority (upgrades) over normal Diamonds.
jeffers likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Received my Lifetime Diamond gift. It had the Bose Soundsport earbuds, a leather luggage tag and metal Lifetime Diamond ID Card. On the back of the card is a 'lifetime diamond' tel # starting with area code 844.

Question: Has anyone tried this number? Is it better / more responsive than the Diamond desk?

Jim
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 40)
From a marketing perspective, if Hilton Honors can ever get their lifetime nights tracker readily available online, it would make Lifetime Diamond a much more alluring proposition.

Goals drive achievement. If you don't know where you are going, or how far it is, one road (hotel chain) is as good as another.
As we pass 5/6 of the way toward another year, . . .

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...tatistics.html
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimquan
Received my Lifetime Diamond gift. It had the Bose Soundsport earbuds, a leather luggage tag and metal Lifetime Diamond ID Card. On the back of the card is a 'lifetime diamond' tel # starting with area code 844.

Question: Has anyone tried this number? Is it better / more responsive than the Diamond desk?

Jim
Same desk, they just answer as Lifetime (if they can remember )
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
As we pass 5/6 of the way toward another year, . . .

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...tatistics.html
It's probably never going to happen.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buckeye91
I guess I’l rant a bit....

I hardly stay at Hilton properties anymore as a Lifetime DIamond Honors member. It’s not special and I’m not differentiated at properties from someone who got Diamond this year with a credit card. There is no other incentive for me to stay at Hiltons. I reached Lifetime status about 3 years ago. It took me about 13 years of loyal, going out of the way travel stays to achieve this.

I’ve put almost all of my money with Marriott. I’ve achieved lifetime Titanium and Ambassador status. Fortunately, my ambassador is still working and providing me personal service. In addition, I do, overall, receive special treatment at most hotels including receiving more complimentary upgrades, additional points, breakfast, etc. I’ve found the locations to be more plentiful for my travels (including Greece and Italy). When I do meetings, I always choose Marriott properties. St Regis, Ritz Carlton and the Luxury Collection properties are mostly fantastic. Waldorf is comparable and Conrad is nice but really that’s it for me when it comes to luxury brands.

Hilton really needs to do something to differentiate. I guess one advantage will be when I retire I’ll hopefully get complimentary water and breakfast on a fixed budget!
You are asking the wrong question, I also have both lifetime Diamond and Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and still travel for work. I use both for different things on vacations just like when I travel. With Hilton I use a lot of award redemptions/ diamond force for smaller collage towns to visit my kids if or we are driving somewhere and in Europe where both are hit and miss. A lot of HGI stays for personnel travel in smaller towns. With Marriott I choose a lot more of the higher end properties. Problem with Marriott is the lack of award rooms, and during special events not too many options. If you can get both do it, and use the best parts of each program when you can.
ResIpsa4712 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:15 pm

Lifetime Diamond progression...maybe another 10 years.

I called to ask about this.
The nice young chap in Venezuela sent me, in an email, a code that I had to give him before he could access details.

From memory:

840,000 base points. (Need 2 million?)
More than 10 years Diamond. I have.
800, or so, paid and reward nights. I think I need a 1000.

I don't know....I do love Hampton breakfasts...toasted sausage sandwiches with hot sauce...yum.

Any easier ways to get this?

All my spend goes on a Sapphire Reserve. Every month.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by hotscot
The nice young chap in Venezuela sent me, in an email, a code that I had to give him before he could access details.

From memory:

I don't know....I do love Hampton breakfasts...toasted sausage sandwiches with hot sauce...yum.

Nice young chap in Venezuela? Are you in Venezuela? I don’t recall hearing of a Hilton call center there.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It sounds like the OP will shortly have no points in their account...

Nice young chaps working for Hilton don't need to email you a code to confirm who you say you are. They ask you questions because they have all of your details in front of them.

People trying to steal your login details will be on the Hilton website doing a "lost password" request and then asking you for that code to reset your password & email address, etc. so that they now have full control...

So... if this gets really messy and Hilton need to issue you with a new HH number, your accumulated nights and DIamond years can quite easily disappear as well...
KenTarmac and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hotscot

From memory:

Obvious scam aside...

OP is 80% of the way to LTD with 800 nights. Already has the 10-years of Diamond status completed. Should be an easy get with 200 more nights.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I am guessing this will be merged into the many threads on earning Lifetime Diamond, if the suspicious nature of the info isn't disqualifying. I just checked my status the other day (11 years, about 40K base points away). Took about 5 minutes on the phone with HHonors Customer Service, no codes, no apparent foreign call center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.