Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Conrad in Hangzhou gave me a decent suite upgrade and, rather more surprisingly, a hand made facsimile of my LTD card in chocolate and a reserved table for breakfast with extra goodies on the table.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by qed
If I remember correctly, Hilton Diamond was created in the 80's as an invitation-only level in Honors above Gold. There were no published qualification levels for Diamond, Hilton contacted you if you traveled enough. Fast forward to today and all it takes is a credit card and you qualify. When Diamond for a credit card started, I was sure that Hilton was planning to create a new higher level, to maintain a way to reward truly loyal customers, but that never happened. In some ways, Lifetime Diamond now plays the role of the level above Diamond. Higher-end Hilton properties that cater to US-based travelers are swamped with Diamond guests, so in order to get a better room or a late check-out, it does help to be LTD.
The look back into the past sure is interesting. Lots has changed in credit cards and travel over the past 40 years. Hell, lounges already feel like part of a past life, to me. I would caution that those who set the baseline for what "used to be" to today's benefits may not be accurately depicting the actual value. For better or for worse. It could also be an indicator of what the future holds.

At the end of the day, for those looking for that way of truly being rewarded for their stays, there is no defining perk of being lifetime over diamond. Sure some properties may prioritize it. It will be personal preference if 10 years at the highest loyalty level and 1000 nights/2 million points is worth it for the possibility of chocolates or possible upgrade preference.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I was about to pour cold water on LTD meaning anything beyond Diamond but some concrete examples above have me feeling optimistic.

As I have said before IME my (sadly bloated) accumulated point balance gets more sway than anything else.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I was about to pour cold water on LTD meaning anything beyond Diamond but some concrete examples above have me feeling optimistic.

As I have said before IME my (sadly bloated) accumulated point balance gets more sway than anything else.
Well, bloat on then!

David
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
We still can't see our lifetime Hilton Honors nights within our online account information.

We should not have undertake special e-mails, messages, or phone calls to uncover our lifetime nights with Hilton. It should be available to us 24 hours a day, whenever we sign in. 🤔

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...tatistics.html

FlyerTalkers who aspire to lifetime Hilton Diamond can't hit the target if we don't know where it is. 😮

🌴 🎶 💚 🌞
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:50 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Do we get LTD status immediately after night #1000 (assuming already over 10 years) or the new status kicks in only the following calendar year?
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:36 am

Immediately. You should get an email soon.
lsquare and escape4 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
There was a covid related promo where points earned on HH Amex counted towards the 2 mm points needed in lieu of 1,000 nights. Not sure if/when that ended, it got me across the finish line.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
There was a covid related promo where points earned on HH Amex counted towards the 2 mm points needed in lieu of 1,000 nights. Not sure if/when that ended, it got me across the finish line.
I think AMEX had that promo in 2020 and 2021. I didn't take advantage of it. I think I'll eventually get to LT status through nights.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by escape4
Do we get LTD status immediately after night #1000 (assuming already over 10 years) or the new status kicks in only the following calendar year?
IIRC, the Hilton IT system scrubs the user activity database quarterly and triggers the delivery of LTD status. Several posters on here have told stories of waiting 8-12 weeks to get any notification, etc.
SPN Lifer and escape4 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:12 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Has anybody noticed better upgrades as LTD than as Diamond? I mean besides not needing to stay 60 nights to renew, is there perceived value of LTD over Diamond during any given stay? It seems prioritizing LTD upgrades over Diamond is a relatively new thing since November 2021, I am curious how that's going.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I think AMEX had that promo in 2020 and 2021. I didn't take advantage of it. I think I'll eventually get to LT status through nights.
Promo extended through end of 2022: https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton-h...perks-policies
  • Hilton Honors Bonus Points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express Card will continue to count as Base Points toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through December 31, 2022.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
How do I check my lifetime Hilton base points?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by lsquare
How do I check my lifetime Hilton base points?
You have to contact Hilton. Read the posts in the thread, particularly posts numbered in the 30s.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Well, I guess in the last ~year, I've only spent 11 nights at Hilton properties! ...And I don't have a ton planned for the remainder of 2021.

5 nights from LT Diamond now. I have 6 more nights this year where I can select the property...I've already locked up Marriott Titanium to go along with my LT Plat, and with no other program would 5 nights make a difference. Basically, the 6 nights are in the same city, 2 nights at a time X 3 more trips, and all other things are basically equal--it's a Homewood vs. a Residence Inn. Basically the same price, although I'd earn a lot more points with the Homewood (Bonvoy only gives 5 pts/$ at RIs, and has no worthwhile promotions right now).

I wouldn't mind 'rolling the dice' and seeing what a 2022 LT Diamond qualifying gift might be, hoping it's something different--I wouldn't be a big fan of the Bose earbuds, as I have headphones that I already love. Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't defer at least 4 of those 5 remaining nights to 2022? (HH is now frequently mentioning LT Diamond on my HH page, so I doubt the whole program is going anywhere, anytime soon and don't expect a 'moving of the goalposts').

Any insight from y'all experts will be appreciated and remembered!
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Ya know, I've always wanted to make it to a 'Do' over the years...But the stars just haven't aligned. Problem is I won't be able to have much personal travel before mid-2021 with a wife that works and kids in school. I'll keep that in mind as I figure this out though!
Well, we never got to have a MBS MillionMiler Lifetime Diamond DO. Where was the hotel that you crossed into 1,000 night territory and what did we miss?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.