Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:48 pm
Original Member

I decided to contact the diamond desk via email and an invite email with code was sent promptly to me.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I''ll try contacting the diamond desk. Wish there was a way to do it if you logged into your account
Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I''ll try contacting the diamond desk. Wish there was a way to do it if you logged into your account
I had emailed diamond desk few days ago and just get a response from them.
They said this is a targeted offer, not everyone can receive invitation email.
I believe if you are lifetime diamond, you can try to contact them.
But If you are just a regular diamond like me, don't waste your time.

Last edited by diego_op; Dec 23, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Old Dec 24, 2020, 1:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hi all -

Sorry if this isn’t the right thread for this, but I thought I’d ask anyway. Newly-minted Diamond here, and received an email informing me that I’ve been upgraded to the tier. Is there an email for the Diamond Concierge desk? I have the phone number on my card in my Apple Wallet but would also like to have the email on record.

If someone can share it here or via DM, I’d be grateful. Thank you!

khabah
Old Dec 24, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by diego_op
Same response I got. Only mentioned the regular 60-night offer.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by zeer0
Same response I got. Only mentioned the regular 60-night offer.
Thanks zeer0, not happy at all
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by diego_op
Thanks. Wonder how they decided who to give it to.
I've been a diamond on stays and nights for many years, this year is the first year I've been diamond with just the credit card thanks to Covid an ddin't get the offer yet there are people who have diamond from the credit card and only have two stays a year getting the offer.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Diamond Desk Email

Originally Posted by khabah
Hi all -

Sorry if this isn’t the right thread for this, but I thought I’d ask anyway. Newly-minted Diamond here, and received an email informing me that I’ve been upgraded to the tier. Is there an email for the Diamond Concierge desk? I have the phone number on my card in my Apple Wallet but would also like to have the email on record.

If someone can share it here or via DM, I’d be grateful. Thank you!

khabah
Hello, khabah

The Diamond Desk email is: [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 😀
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I emailed them and I got the targeted line, which of course is BS. It's not targeted at all. Targeted Gold gifting to my OH Diamond I gifted, I don't think so.

The reason I did not get it is because I don't get their emails.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by limey1K
Diamond desk confirmed that only LT Diamond and those that qualified via nights for Diamond in 2020 received the email.
Nope, I qualified Diamond via stays not nights but still got the email, the promo did say this year the nights requirement are exempt
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Got the email on Dec 14 like many others. Kinda useless for me as my significant other travels with me and already gets my diamond benefits while the rest of my family does not stay in locations where Hilton properties are common. Really wish we could have gotten a more special thank you gift for people like me who stayed a significant amount of nights at Hilton properties this year and got very few points as we don’t even have an Hilton branded credit card in Canada. Oh well..
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Just checked my profile and saw that I was unchecked for all communications from Hilton. Never actively did this myself so I can just recommend anyone to double check profile settings as this might have just have cost me my nomination options. Hilton isn't responsive to any emails to fix this unfortunately.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
No email, annoyed but not going to chase this any longer.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
  • Does anyone know how the current double night credit promo affects lifetime nights? I'm assuming it shouldn't but given the lack of detail in reporting
This was quoted on Loyaltylobby, so he probably had verified sources from Hilton PR. Personally, the double E nights counted for the milestone bonus on my award nights stayed. So every 5 nights (5x2=10N for milestone bonus), it was 10k points back to my account. So I'm guessing it should definitely count as LT too.

"Members earn double elite nights also for awards nights. Paid nights are doubled for various status fast tracks (Gold & Diamond). All doubled nights count towards lifetime requirement (1,000 nights) and gifting of Gold/Diamond."

I really wished I did a screenshot of my account before the E Night tracker reset this year.. I remembered ending with 300 nights last year, and now it's back to 60 nights, which is probably the max rollover nights for diamond level.. Really wished there was a easy LT night tracker to see my progress on how much nights were counted..
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by exploreaswego
This was quoted on Loyaltylobby, so he probably had verified sources from Hilton PR. Personally, the double E nights counted for the milestone bonus on my award nights stayed. So every 5 nights (5x2=10N for milestone bonus), it was 10k points back to my account. So I'm guessing it should definitely count as LT too.

"Members earn double elite nights also for awards nights. Paid nights are doubled for various status fast tracks (Gold & Diamond). All doubled nights count towards lifetime requirement (1,000 nights) and gifting of Gold/Diamond."

I really wished I did a screenshot of my account before the E Night tracker reset this year.. I remembered ending with 300 nights last year, and now it's back to 60 nights, which is probably the max rollover nights for diamond level.. Really wished there was a easy LT night tracker to see my progress on how much nights were counted..
I chatted with Hilton about my account to be sure the double nights promotion counted towards lifetime status.
It does.
Note that the number of nights displayed on the listing of your previous stays is inaccurate. It only reflects 1X the number of nights.
However, the TOTAL number of nights for the year displayed along with the total number of nights and current tier (on the home page of your account) does the math and reflects 2X the nights for stays during the promotional period.
I confirmed my progress toward lifetime diamond status with the agent. The agent's number and my number were identical. Both counted the 2X promotional nights.

I will achieve lifetime status next month. Finally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.