Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:22 pm

Can you share the link please?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that's nice for some. Very good.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by hugolover
I haven’t received one of these statements in 10 years.
Didn't even know there's such a statement.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Thanks to the OP for surfacing this.

But i will say a big fat yawn on the promo. Given Covid i am struggling who i know who would really benefit from this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Smart move to try to capture new customers as things pick up again in summer and beyond.
itsallgood likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
They ran the same promotion last year.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Excellent news. This will be an Xmas surprise to a family member.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by dlaue
Did not received anything but would have been of little use though
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by dlaue
Not really. In April 2018, a number of new diamond benefits were introduced including elite status gifting by diamonds that had achieved 60 nights (can gift gold) or 100 nights (can gift diamond). This benefit is now available every year for diamonds that achieve these night thresholds. Lifetime diamonds could not gift status unless they achieved these night thresholds.

This promotion is a new promotion as they are dispensing with the night thresholds for all diamonds (including lifetime diamonds). This was not done in previous years.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: HH D
Received my statement about the same time you posted your message, but it doesn't have that line/link in it.

It does have a link to the usual EMEA winter promo, 25% off.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
No gift link contained within my statement (Continental Europe based, 9 years Diamond usually based on stays, and 12 stays / 14 nights this year - whilst my stays are rarely at a Hampton, I am unlikely to be considered a cash cow by the system...).
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Give away elite status to enough people and they might choose Hilton over somebody else. Makes sense in a time of crisis...
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Received my statement about the same time you posted your message, but it doesn't have that line/link in it.

It does have a link to the usual EMEA winter promo, 25% off.
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
No gift link contained within my statement (Continental Europe based, 9 years Diamond usually based on stays, and 12 stays / 14 nights this year - whilst my stays are rarely at a Hampton, I am unlikely to be considered a cash cow by the system...).
I don’t believe the statement email is intended to have the link to give the status—the statement email under the “What’s New” section has a section called “10 Ways to Gift this Holiday Season”. Following the “check it out” link leads to a promotional press release with the details that a link to gift status will be provided by email later.
https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton-h...-hilton-honors
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I'd rather have a better Diamond experience vs being a marketing wing to make yet even more Diamonds.
sdix, Grog, jamesteroh and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
They really need a tier above Diamond to take care of folks who actually attain through stays vs a credit card.
sbams and Dublin_rfk like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.