Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DELee
"Bow unto me!"

David

p.s. Congratulations!
I'll try that! Realised I emailed at beginning of 2022 not 21.
Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I have an inbound package from Geiger Corporate Programs, arriving on Friday via UPS. Wonder if that is my LTD package?

David
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I have an inbound package from Geiger Corporate Programs, arriving on Friday via UPS. Wonder if that is my LTD package?

David
When did you qualify? I hit the magic number in early February. Curious to see how long it takes.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by fed planner
When did you qualify? I hit the magic number in early February. Curious to see how long it takes.
I checked out on December 17th, and got the "David, welcome to Lifetime Diamond status" on December 20th.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
I checked out on December 17th, and got the "David, welcome to Lifetime Diamond status" on December 20th.
Congrats!

Yeah, online and app upduted within a couple of days.

I did have a very nice upgrade during the stay where I qulaified - a river-facing Junior Suite at the Hilton Mainz for 11 nights. Plus some treats the day I qualified (mentioning it to the GM at the lounge may have helped with that).

PS - it's nice they added a lounge, but it feels very ad hoc.

I'll be back next week, so let's see how it goes.
EDIflyer and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:25 pm

I'll be the first to admit I don't know where I stand.

I've been Diamond organically more than a few years, plus I've had the Aspire card for quite while as well (it says "member since '10" but I recall starting with a lower level card initially. But I don't know a number here.

I'm pretty positive I have over 2M points, heck I'm almost there with my current balance, and I've drained it from ~1.5M twice.

If I have over 10 years of Diamond status, and over 2M points, is that the ticket for me? Or am I missing something here? I don't want to bug Hilton if I've been a bonehead and missed something...
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by smithrh

I've been Diamond organically more than a few years, plus I've had the Aspire card for quite while as well (it says "member since '10" but I recall starting with a lower level card initially. But I don't know a number here.

I'm pretty positive I have over 2M points, heck I'm almost there with my current balance, and I've drained it from ~1.5M twice.

If I have over 10 years of Diamond status, and over 2M points, is that the ticket for me? Or am I missing something here? I don't want to bug Hilton if I've been a bonehead and missed something...
I think most of us who stay a little have 2 mil points. But they want BASE point earn over your time. Or 200k USD spend before tax.
I’d just email them asking your progress toward lifetime diamond. It’s a common request and very simple for them to sort a reply.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I’d just email them asking your progress toward lifetime diamond. It’s a common request and very simple for them to sort a reply.
HH email is useless IME. Use chat or Twitter DM.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
HH email is useless IME. Use chat or Twitter DM.
Odd, never had an issue with this request.
dobt have twitter myself and no time to hang around waiting for chat replies.
Easier to just resend the same email each year.
Ooen, send, done.
reoly within 48 hours (not like it’s an urgent request) and it’s sorted. YMMV
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smithrh

The 2M points in your account likely include all manner of bonuses, promos, etc. -- the points that matter for lifetime diamond are base points (e.g. 10 base points per pre-tax dollar spent at most brands/countries in the portfolio) and if you're doing it right there can be a 2-3:1 ratio of bonus points to base points.

No harm in asking Hilton to confirm your years/nights/points --- remember you need 10 years at Diamond _and_ either 1000 nights or 2m base points.
SPN Lifer, EDIflyer and Cynicor like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Ooen, send, done.
Agreed, got a polite and well laid-out email showing all my stats within 2 days.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
The 2M points in your account likely include all manner of bonuses, promos, etc. -- the points that matter for lifetime diamond are base points (e.g. 10 base points per pre-tax dollar spent at most brands/countries in the portfolio) and if you're doing it right there can be a 2-3:1 ratio of bonus points to base points.

No harm in asking Hilton to confirm your years/nights/points --- remember you need 10 years at Diamond _and_ either 1000 nights or 2m base points.
Thanks - yep, I sent an email inquiring about my progress. There's no rush so no big deal if it even takes a week.

I can't see being anywhere near 1000 nights, probably more than half that but not much more - but possibly at least closer on base points.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 3:25 pm

Ooen, send, done.
Same here, never an issue with e-mail. Here is an excerpt from the last e-mail where I was checking: "After reviewing your Honors account, I see that you have completed 15 years and 326 days as Diamond member, earned 1,468,261 Base Points and completed 993 nights. Hence, you need to earn more 531,739 Base points or stay for more 7 nights."

The package arrived today,with the booklet reminding me that my first stay after joining Honors was at the Hilton Rialto in Melbourne, FL. I joined in May 2003.

Though actually the first Hilton stay I can remember was in October of 1990 for 2-3 weeks at the Tel Aviv Hilton. That was during Desert Shield and the place was empty. I earned Marriott Club Marquis Black during that same period, so I can't imagine why I didn't join Hilton Honors at the time.

Nice package, the outer box (with the UPS label) also has a big UN3481 battery warning sticker, and an orange sticker stating "Cargo Aircraft Only" and "Forbidden in Passenger Aircraft."

Nicely done, Hilton, and much appreciated!

David
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by qed
The Aruba Hilton currently recognizes Lifetime Diamond with a welcome gift and free full breakfast (Gold and not-yet-lifetime Diamond can upgrade from continental to full for $8/person).
Nice to see a hotel taking the liberty to differentiate between regular Diamond and LT Diamond with a little extra perk

I am still keen on hearing about reports of people who in their experience, see better upgrades as LTD vs regular Diamond from time to time (maybe even with comment from hotel manager to that effect), or others who in their experience see no difference whatsoever in the upgrades.
Cynicor and Michael19887 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:02 pm

Same here, never an issue with e-mail. Here is an excerpt from the last e-mail where I was checking: "After reviewing your Honors account, I see that you have completed 15 years and 326 days as Diamond member, earned 1,468,261 Base Points and completed 993 nights. Hence, you need to earn more 531,739 Base points or stay for more 7 nights."

The package arrived today,with the booklet reminding me that my first stay after joining Honors was at the Hilton Rialto in Melbourne, FL. I joined in May 2003.

Though actually the first Hilton stay I can remember was in October of 1990 for 2-3 weeks at the Tel Aviv Hilton. That was during Desert Shield and the place was empty. I earned Marriott Club Marquis Black during that same period, so I can't imagine why I didn't join Hilton Honors at the time.

Nice package, the outer box (with the UPS label) also has a big UN3481 battery warning sticker, and an orange sticker stating "Cargo Aircraft Only" and "Forbidden in Passenger Aircraft."

Nicely done, Hilton, and much appreciated!

David
I’m just amazed that you managed to email only 7 days from LTD!!
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.