Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Del Mar 1K
You also need 1,000 paid nights. Do you know if you meet that criteria?
Reward nights definitely cunt.
SPN Lifer, EDIflyer and gogooo like this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Del Mar 1K
You also need 1,000 paid nights. Do you know if you meet that criteria?
Reward nights also count along with paid nights.

https://help.hilton.com/s/article/Ho...Diamond-Member
SPN Lifer and gogooo like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by aww3583
Anecdotal evidence in this thread says it can take up to 3 months to be reflected. I remember someone saying that a rep from Hilton has to review the member’s history manually and issue the status change and gift manually.
I met the 1,000 nights threshold on 12/17/2022 when I checked out of an HGI. (I already had the years.)

I received the welcome to LTD e-mail on 12/20. The app and desktop web site were updated by then.

The gift package did take about three months to arrive. Everything else was PDQ.

David
SPN Lifer and gogooo like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:48 pm

Is there some odd rule to which base points count to LTD?
I thought I was around 66k off, having emailed at the end of 2021 and subtracting my base points as they appear in my HH account. But I emailed again lately to confirm and the amounts are quite different now.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I thought I was around 66k off, having emailed at the end of 2021 and subtracting my base points as they appear in my HH account. But I emailed again lately to confirm and the amounts are quite different now.
Hilton AMEX bonus points were counting as base points for quite some time. I think this ended in 2022. Are you including those in your calculations?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 4:46 pm

Nope, I’m Aussie so no Hilton cards. Only base points as per the app!
thank you though!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
So are Hilton's numbers that much different? What's their delta to get to LTD vs. yours?

David
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DELee
So are Hilton's numbers that much different? What's their delta to get to LTD vs. yours?

David
Yep.

OP says "66k off". Who was higher... Hilton's count or yours? What is the variance now?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:25 pm

Sorry, my number is lower by around 40000BP, 66k to 110k approx. It could all be explained by weird posting of a Conrad Maldives stay though, now that I look at it. Have emailed to ask this

the stay posted as -300k ish points, while the points total went up. It was an award stay but they usually never post that way. So I had to do some maths on it to figure out the Base points and I reckon the difference would come out roughly to what the diamond desk have told me.
regardless will update when I hear more.

Last edited by Cynicor; Mar 29, 2023 at 6:55 pm
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Next week I'm going to be in Mexico City for vacation (first time in Mexico, making it my 24th country...despite growing up within 100 miles of the border) -- just got an email

Dear Mr. (LincolnJKC),

It is a pleasure for the Hilton Reforma team to welcome you to Mexico City for your upcoming visit!

As a valued Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond Member we truly appreciate and thank you for your loyalty. We hope to make you feel right at home.
I hope you enjoy all the benefits you have here at our property and rest assured we will do our best to make you stay as comfortable as possible, some of the benefits included are...
So they clearly have the Lifetime flag in front of them (other than minor variations, my wife who is preceding me on business and is a [gifted, if I recall correctly] Gold got exactly the same email about a week ago -- though hers saluted her as Mr./Ms. when she has a very feminine first name which got her quite in a huff...does the Honors profile even have a preferred salutation marker? I should look...)

Sorry, my number is lower by around 40000BP, 66k to 110k approx. It could all be explained by weird posting of a Conrad Maldives stay though, now that I look at it. Have emailed to ask this

the stay posted as -300k ish points, while the points total went up. It was an award stay but they usually never post that way. So I had to do some maths on it to figure out the Base points and I reckon the difference would come out roughly to what the diamond desk have told me.
regardless will update when I hear more.
That shouldn't matter as confusing as it is -- every award stay I've seen since Hilton changed their backend systems ~7-8 years ago or so posts as either negative the total number of points redeemed (but if you expand the details you see any bonus point credits) or as negative points redeemed - points earned (e.g. for a 300,000 point stay with 10000 bonus points I've seen it post as both -300,000 or -290,000 depending on the particular stay) -- I really wish the Hilton profile provided a proper ledger view, e.g. showing a debit for points redeemed when actually redeemed, and earned when actually earned but I digress...
SPN Lifer, EDIflyer and Cynicor like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:29 pm

Yeah, what got me was it appeared that the running totals didn’t add up properly.
regardless the Maldives stay posted for fewer than I had thought, and this explains the discrepancy.
probably will hit ltd next year rather than this one, now.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:37 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I got an e-mail from Hilton for my 20 year Hilton anniversary. Kind of scary numbers in there lol.

365 stays, 104 hotels in 33 countries, almost 11 million points. And I think I stayed more at SPG (now Marriott) and Hyatt hotels lol.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: Life
Status changed on the app today- about a month on from the actual date! Thanks FT!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I got an e-mail from Hilton for my 20 year Hilton anniversary. Kind of scary numbers in there lol.

365 stays, 104 hotels in 33 countries, almost 11 million points. And I think I stayed more at SPG (now Marriott) and Hyatt hotels lol.
You can request that information as well from both Marriott and Hyatt. For Marriott, as a Lifetime Platinum or Titanium, you can go to the "Lifetime Achievement" page (https://lifetime-achievement.marriott.com/) and see what the website thinks you have.

David
Football Fan and Xyzzy like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Finally made LT Diamond with my 1000th night being in Madrid - I knew this stay would put me over but pleasantly suprised to see the app changed immediately from nights needed for Diamond to Lifetime status. No email or anything yet and I was informed I will get a 60K bonus as the milestone bonus slider nows says 60 nights completed (Even though I've only done 30 this year). No 60K credited as yet so lets see if I get that as a bonus ?

Updated immediately after stay in the app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.