FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:55 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smithrh
I'll be the first to admit I don't know where I stand.

I've been Diamond organically more than a few years, plus I've had the Aspire card for quite while as well (it says "member since '10" but I recall starting with a lower level card initially. But I don't know a number here.

I'm pretty positive I have over 2M points, heck I'm almost there with my current balance, and I've drained it from ~1.5M twice.

If I have over 10 years of Diamond status, and over 2M points, is that the ticket for me? Or am I missing something here? I don't want to bug Hilton if I've been a bonehead and missed something...
The 2M points in your account likely include all manner of bonuses, promos, etc. -- the points that matter for lifetime diamond are base points (e.g. 10 base points per pre-tax dollar spent at most brands/countries in the portfolio) and if you're doing it right there can be a 2-3:1 ratio of bonus points to base points.

No harm in asking Hilton to confirm your years/nights/points --- remember you need 10 years at Diamond _and_ either 1000 nights or 2m base points.