Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Now back, lovely evening in the pub Nextdoor, to be honest whilst walking through the lobby the food here at the Hampton looked quite nice too, weatherspoons adjacent to the hotel is very good value for money as I’ve said before.
The shower in this room is excellent and seems more powerful than the other rooms on the 2nd floor.

In the morning I plan to use the gym before breakfast…..Will report back!
flyoff likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Slept very well bed super comfy and I’ve noticed they have changed the pillows, these are now much firmer and better quality, this is great as the originals was very soft.
Breakfast area busy at 6:45 this morning as i went to get my post workout coffee, there is a Japanese tour group staying hence the busy breakfast.

GYM - no change since last report , although one of the 10kg free weights is missing.

Now off to breakfast then check out……will report back tonight with my conclusion.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

BREAKFAST - 8:45am… there has been some big improvements here even though it was pretty good regardless, the coffee beans have been changed and the coffee whilst not amazing is very good, the bread is of decent quality and all the hot food is cooked fresh and not frozen.
I had a chat with the very friendly yet professional manager after breakfast who told me this, i also noticed the change myself even before this conversation, it’s definitely true and noticeable.
I had grapefruit segments, musli, Greek yogurt and fruit compote, toast with cheese and marmalade…..all absolutely delicious!.

CHECK OUT - 9:28am… done by the express box on the way out.

CONCLUSION - perfection!, absolutely zero issues at all, quiet room, comfortable bed, quiet and effective air conditioning, spotless and smelt pleasant….they even phoned me later to say I’d left my book behind and would I like it mailed to me?. I had finished it so declined but how thoughtful of them .
This is definitely the best Hampton I’ve stayed at…..I will always return, it’s great!

ROOM NO - 222

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hampton by Hilton Stanstead ( 2/4/24 )
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Wow you were impressed! Good news that the breakfast was improved, so often we hear about service or quality being cut ...
Thank you for your reviews!
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Here tonight and not good.

Air con in the room isn't working. So struggling to breath.

They can't move me to another room apart from right by the lift.

So either I stay awake by the heat in the room or I stay awake by the lift.

Makes note to check air con in future on arrival.

​​​
Old Jun 8, 2024, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Here tonight and not good.

Air con in the room isn't working. So struggling to breath.

They can't move me to another room apart from right by the lift.

So either I stay awake by the heat in the room or I stay awake by the lift.

Makes note to check air con in future on arrival.

​​​
I think I would go for the room next to the lift and use earplugs, yep….. that ain’t good is it, ironically the air conditioning is usually brilliant here, was the rest of your stay good?
Old Jun 8, 2024, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
I think I would go for the room next to the lift and use earplugs, yep….. that ain’t good is it, ironically the air conditioning is usually brilliant here, was the rest of your stay good?
Such a shame.

Just got back and the room hasn't been serviced. Yet they have finished all the rooms.

No still water for the snack.

At least I have a fan and heater!

I was told that they know about the fault previously.

Edit - just been told they don't service the rooms unless you request it.

Would be nice if they told customers!
Old Jun 8, 2024, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Such a shame.

Just got back and the room hasn't been serviced. Yet they have finished all the rooms.

No still water for the snack.

At least I have a fan and heater!

I was told that they know about the fault previously.

Edit - just been told they don't service the rooms unless you request it.

Would be nice if they told customers!
Oh how disappointing!….ive had nothing but faultless stays here….that’s pretty crap….sad to hear.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Oh how disappointing!….ive had nothing but faultless stays here….that’s pretty crap….sad to hear.
Invoke the "satisfaction guarantee" and refuse to pay..
Old Jun 8, 2024, 8:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Indeed same here
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 9:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Invoke the "satisfaction guarantee" and refuse to pay..
They have offered me 5,000 points. Not really fussed by the points. I would prefer the situation not to occur.

I paid in points here. Jokingly I did say that she ought to simply refund the stay - but apparently it needs management approval.

I did say that she ought to have authority to do it otherwise it is a bit meaningless.

I had to go and buy water from Aldi - so at least I have a bottle for tonight. Always baffles me why a hotel can't drive to a supermarket and obtain supplies if they have run out! Would be so simple and would cost pennies compared to unhappy clients.

The staff and the offering here are usually fantastic.

But at least breakfast is the same as it has always been - so no moans there.

Apart from the fact that they don't have decaffeinated tea - pretty sure they used to have a jar of them.

Would I stay again?

Of course - it has always been a great product. Had I chosen an alternative room and if they had water I would have zero moans.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I’m here tomorrow night, booked queen guest room with chair ( my preferred choice) was preupgraded midweek to a queen guest room with sofa bed so I can and re booked my original room ( and saved some cash ) .
Done OLCI just now to my favourite room on floor 2 ….should arrive late afternoon…..will report back!
Old Jun 28, 2024, 11:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I’m here tomorrow night, booked queen guest room with chair ( my preferred choice) was preupgraded midweek to a queen guest room with sofa bed so I can and re booked my original room ( and saved some cash ) .
Done OLCI just now to my favourite room on floor 2 ….should arrive late afternoon…..will report back!
Enjoy.

I'm back there in late August.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Enjoy.

I'm back there in late August.
Thanks…. Yep happy to report air conditioning now working very well on floor 2.

Arrived 4pm , digital key arrived to my phone @ 2:24 pm but as reception was quiet and I had to enter car details I hit a physical key from the very pleasant receptionist….also given voucher for drink and snack….. car park half full, no issues finding a spot.

QUEEN GUEST ROOM WITH CHAIR - on top floor in corner, my favourite room!… managed to get this on OLCI early yesterday morning, no point reviewing as I’ve done this one many times…. Nothing changed and everything works well.

Tonight we ( my lady and I ) are meeting her family in the weatherspoons opposite
So just a couple of beers and a steak …..will report back on anything relevant.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Just returned from the pub next door, I know I’ve said it many times before but if but it really is a great budget option if staying here, yes certainly not fine dining but the burrito bowl I had was decent and around £10 with a premium beer.

Now back, hotel seems quiet and the car park whilst busy is not full, I’m gonna read my book for a bit then retire, in the morning I will use the gym before breakfast……Will report back !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.