Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrived later than planned at 6-21pm, car park almost full, and coach of folk checking in, luckily I have done OLCI to a room on top floor and enabled digital key ( this works perfectly) .

BEDROOM - it’s reasonably sized with queen size bed, everything seems clean and tidy , have noticed a safe in bedside draw , I’m sure my room last time did not have one.
I noticed there is also a connecting door, fingers crossed for a quiet night eh.
Huge tv, usb plug sockets by bed, sofa too ...no complaints so far.

BATHROOM - no bath , shower only ....looks spotless too.

Will use the gym , shower then pop Nextdoor for dinner, it’s nothing amazing just a weatherspoons but they do a decent steak, it’s warm and sunny , the beer garden looks nice .
Will report back!
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived later than planned at 6-21pm, car park almost full, and coach of folk checking in, luckily I have done OLCI to a room on top floor and enabled digital key ( this works perfectly) .

BEDROOM - its reasonably sized with queen size bed, everything seems clean and tidy , have noticed a safe in bedside draw , Im sure my room last time did not have one.
I noticed there is also a connecting door, fingers crossed for a quiet night eh.
Huge tv, usb plug sockets by bed, sofa too ...no complaints so far.

BATHROOM - no bath , shower only ....looks spotless too.

Will use the gym , shower then pop Nextdoor for dinner, its nothing amazing just a weatherspoons but they do a decent steak, its warm and sunny , the beer garden looks nice .
Will report back!
Gym appears to have had a refurb ...... same machines but a lick of paint and machines moved around ...... I was in there about an hour, just myself, very quiet....I done some resistance work and the pulley deck is good, I also had a run on treadmill, worked well..... kinda two of everything in there, its clean and plenty of sweat towels and sanitizers .

Shower is quite powerful and didnt soak floor!, not sure about the shower gel dispensers but at least there is a plentiful supply.

Now in the weatherspoons pub Nextdoor, they do a steak and beer for around 12, its pretty good, not exactly fine dining but its definitely value for money, I will probably have a nightcap in the hotel bar then retire.
In the morning I plan to be up early, gym , breakfast and then check out...... apparently Im entitled to a drink and snack, not been offered nothing yet but will ask on return......will report back!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Gym appears to have had a refurb ...... same machines but a lick of paint and machines moved around ...... I was in there about an hour, just myself, very quiet....I done some resistance work and the pulley deck is good, I also had a run on treadmill, worked well..... kinda two of everything in there, its clean and plenty of sweat towels and sanitizers .

Shower is quite powerful and didnt soak floor!, not sure about the shower gel dispensers but at least there is a plentiful supply.

Now in the weatherspoons pub Nextdoor, they do a steak and beer for around 12, its pretty good, not exactly fine dining but its definitely value for money, I will probably have a nightcap in the hotel bar then retire.
In the morning I plan to be up early, gym , breakfast and then check out...... apparently Im entitled to a drink and snack, not been offered nothing yet but will ask on return......will report back!
Up early, slept terrible, bed very comfy but rubbish pillows, gym again empty this morning during the hour I was in there but this was 6am.

BREAKFAST - its the usual buffet except a guy takes your order and brings it to your table..... full menu available but I just had some musli and toast.....cappuccino very mediocre.

Will report back!
:D! likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pillows are total crap at the legacy Hampton. The new design with the King beds have better.

To me HbH is the place to be where there are no better options and you just simply have to be in that city. A full service properly is marginally more expensive (which shows why owners/Hilton love the profitability) and a world of difference.
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Diamonds get I drink and one snack item, I asked after breakfast……checked out via the app at 9am, to be honest the digital key worked really well here , it didn’t fail once, I think I prefer a plastic key as sometimes I charge my phone whilst in the gym or at breakfast, however I do like the concept.
Make sure you register your car within 10 minutes of arrival, I didn’t and I’m now expecting a fine in the post however manager gave me his email address and said he will sort it for me.

CONCLUSION - solid stay!…. Everything worked fine, room was clean , bed comfy but pillows awful ( my only complaint) it’s reasonable on price too, I paid 57 but an entry level room was 52….. would definitely stay again.

ROOM NO - 223

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree Ricoh area Coventry ( 25 / 7 / 21 )
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:02 am
Original Poster

I’m here tonight, queen guest room booked , checked in online and awaiting digital key.......will report back!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Im here tonight, queen guest room booked , checked in online and awaiting digital key.......will report back!
Arrived 4pm but digital key arrived to my phone just after 12pm, car reg put into tablet and Im off to my room ( digital key works fine ) .

QUEEN GUEST ROOM WITH CHAIR - only 2 types of room here , with chair or sofa.....I prefer chair as it gives more space, as its a corner room I was once told its the biggest room in the hotel so I remembered this during OLCI.
King size bed ( English ) and all the usual Hampton Designs, bathroom shower only , its small but usable..... fluffy towels, room and bathroom spotless.

Tonight Im just meeting some friends for dinner in town .....will report back in the morning!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Arrived 4pm but digital key arrived to my phone just after 12pm, car reg put into tablet and Im off to my room ( digital key works fine ) .

QUEEN GUEST ROOM WITH CHAIR - only 2 types of room here , with chair or sofa.....I prefer chair as it gives more space, as its a corner room I was once told its the biggest room in the hotel so I remembered this during OLCI.
King size bed ( English ) and all the usual Hampton Designs, bathroom shower only , its small but usable..... fluffy towels, room and bathroom spotless.

Tonight Im just meeting some friends for dinner in town .....will report back in the morning!

Great nights sleep and very comfortable bed I also noticed the air con is particularly good too, its currently 32deg in the uk so this was very welcoming......no curtains but blackout blinds work well.
Upon waking I went down to grab a cappuccino and its pretty good if one adds an extra shot of espresso.

Shower works well although Im not so sure about the Hampton brand body wash.
Now off to breakfast, will report back with my conclusion later today.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Great nights sleep and very comfortable bed I also noticed the air con is particularly good too, its currently 32deg in the uk so this was very welcoming......no curtains but blackout blinds work well.
Upon waking I went down to grab a cappuccino and its pretty good if one adds an extra shot of espresso.

Shower works well although Im not so sure about the Hampton brand body wash.
Now off to breakfast, will report back with my conclusion later today.
BREAKFAST - perfectly fine.. I only had cereal, milk and yogurt, I also had some toast too, all good, hot food looked good and the fruit/ compotes section was good, they even had grapefruit segments which a lot of Hiltons dont seem to have anymore.
Breakfast area a little on the small side but it wasnt busy overall I was happy.

CHECK OUT - done at FD swiftly and Im on my way, parking was not on my bill Im guessing its free for diamonds?.

CONCLUSION - perfectly good stay, no issues whatsoever, they even made sure I had a taxi for 5-30pm to take me into town staff were friendly and professional, I would happily recommend this place and will definitely return.

ROOM NO - 222 ( Im told this is the best room in the hotel and its slightly bigger than the rest )

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 27 / 6 / 22 )
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
They don't charge for parking.

Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
They don't charge for parking.

Ok, cheers .. thats another positive for this great Hampton.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Ok, cheers .. thats another positive for this great Hampton.
Although would be hard with a free car park next door

High Wycombe gives free parking to Diamonds however.
​​​
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Even better is that there is a wetherspoons next door...
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrAJ
Even better is that there is a wetherspoons next door...
Yes its a good one too.. its large and has some nice outdoor seating, after dinner in the town ( posh paddys restaurant, I recommend! ) my friends jumped in the cab back to the hotel with me to join me for a nightcap in weatherspoons and even on a Friday night it was actually fairly quiet.
I pretty much always go for the gourmet steak here which comes with a free drink when Ive stayed at the Hampton in the past..very good value for money.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
One visit we got there earlier than anticipated. Beer and chicken wings in late afternoon sun in the wetherspoons outdoor area then trotted over to the hungry horse pub for massive burgers ;
It's worth pointing out for the 'spoons naysayers that breakfast there is available later than at the Hampton and pretty cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.