Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Just arrivedÖ..Booked here for tonight at lunchtime today, was originally at Hilton Leicester but cancelled and planned to drive home, however the weather is terrible so decided to split the journey.
Done OLCI at lunchtime too, I wanted to try and get room 222 but itís not available so I checked into a room the other end of corridor, digital key arrived on my phone @ 1:20pm.
I booked a queen room with chair , this is one of two options the other is queen room with sofa but I like the chair configuration as it feels bigger.

PARKING - itís free but donít forget to register number plate on tablet at front desk.

BEDROOM - itís spotless, looks and smells like new carpet, English king sized bed ( queen if you are from the USA) , large tv , safe ( in drawer ) Ö.. only negatives is pillows are very soft and the rain on the roof is quite noisy ( however I find that relaxing, some may disagree)Ö.digital key works well here.

BATHROOM - shower only , no bath , sink and toilet, towels are big and fluffy, face cloths too.

I continue to be impressed by this Hampton, Iíve stayed many times now and itís actually better than some Hiltonís, yes itís no frills but everything works well and itís always reasonably priced.

My plan tonight is to use the gym , shower ( will report on the outcome) and pop over to the weatherspoons opposite for a steak and a beerÖÖ. Will report back!
ÖÖ Gym was quiet, only myself presentÖÖ equipment wise there is 2 x treadmills, 1 crosstrainer , 1 bike , a pulley rack and a bench with some free weights.
Itís nothing great but serves a purpose, itís clean and air con works well, water and sweat towels provided.

SHOWER ( in room ) - itís good, nothing fancy, no monsoon head but it works well and the glass partition is wide enough to not flood the floor.

Now in weatherspoons which is opposite the hotel entrance, itís not exactly fine dining but a curry and a pint for £8.55 is pretty good and probably better than the food at the Hampton although I canít confirm this as Iíve not eaten there.
Will report back!
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

ÖÖ Gym was quiet, only myself presentÖÖ equipment wise there is 2 x treadmills, 1 crosstrainer , 1 bike , a pulley rack and a bench with some free weights.
Itís nothing great but serves a purpose, itís clean and air con works well, water and sweat towels provided.

SHOWER ( in room ) - itís good, nothing fancy, no monsoon head but it works well and the glass partition is wide enough to not flood the floor.

Now in weatherspoons which is opposite the hotel entrance, itís not exactly fine dining but a curry and a pint for £8.55 is pretty good and probably better than the food at the Hampton although I canít confirm this as Iíve not eaten there.
Will report back!
ÖÖ.. Got back to hotel @ 9-30pm, few folk in bar , I can report the TV works well, great picture and a decent size, I rarely watch tv in hotels as I get my entertainment from books .
Slept very well, bed is very firm , as Iíve reported before the pillows are rubbish so I roll up the spare towel and place that under , this helps.
Even with the air con off there appears to be noise from it, this is nothing loud and didnít effect sleep at all.
I did pop down just now to grab a cappuccino, itís very mediocre and requires an extra shot.
Gym, breakfast then check outÖÖ will report back later with my conclusion.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 4:03 am
Original Poster

…….. Got back to hotel @ 9-30pm, few folk in bar , I can report the TV works well, great picture and a decent size, I rarely watch tv in hotels as I get my entertainment from books .
Slept very well, bed is very firm , as I’ve reported before the pillows are rubbish so I roll up the spare towel and place that under , this helps.
Even with the air con off there appears to be noise from it, this is nothing loud and didn’t effect sleep at all.
I did pop down just now to grab a cappuccino, it’s very mediocre and requires an extra shot.
Gym, breakfast then check out…… will report back later with my conclusion.
BREAKFAST - I just had some grapefruit segments, musli and toast but the hot selection looked good, gave the coffee a wide birth!….. juice was acceptable.

CONCLUSION - Now checked out and having a decent cappuccino over in weatherspoons, probably my only complaint would be the coffee at breakfast, really not good, however everything else was great, i really like it here, the staff are friendly yet professional.
Great stay , will happily return.

ROOM NO - 238

NEXT PLANNED STAY - nothing planned.

Last edited by wizla; Nov 21, 2022 at 12:53 am Reason: Additional information added
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Had two good stays around Christmas. Paid cash for one stay and 20k points for the other as the rates were high.

I have never seen a Wetherspoons like the one next door. Modern unit on a small retail park. Glass sides with benches at the front and a garden area at the rear. Normal Wetherspoons food and drink. The kitchen forgot items from each dish - mango chutney from the curries, avocado and tortillas from another dish. Issues rectified but not convenient finding someone to resolve once the food was on the table. We used the App to order but noted afterwards that there were manager specials advertised at the bar. On the first night this included steak and chips for less than £5.

breakfast was decent other than any milky coffee from the machine - as noted by [MENTION=669411]wizla[/MENTION] . The milk is powdered and sweet. A black coffee and fresh milk is fine though.

I would stay again.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyoff
Had two good stays around Christmas. Paid cash for one stay and 20k points for the other as the rates were high.

I have never seen a Wetherspoons like the one next door. Modern unit on a small retail park. Glass sides with benches at the front and a garden area at the rear. Normal Wetherspoons food and drink. The kitchen forgot items from each dish - mango chutney from the curries, avocado and tortillas from another dish. Issues rectified but not convenient finding someone to resolve once the food was on the table. We used the App to order but noted afterwards that there were manager specials advertised at the bar. On the first night this included steak and chips for less than £5.

breakfast was decent other than any milky coffee from the machine - as noted by [MENTION=669411]wizla[/MENTION] . The milk is powdered and sweet. A black coffee and fresh milk is fine though.

I would stay again.
I had exactly the same with the mango chutney , had to chase it up, bet the other dish was the burrito bowl?Ö.. I agree itís unique, I quite like the big log burner in the centre of the building, they also serve leffe beer which is one of my favourites.
Iím glad you had a good stay, itís a great Hampton.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I had exactly the same with the mango chutney , had to chase it up, bet the other dish was the burrito bowl?Ö...
Spot on Wizla - Burrito bowl it was. The manager said initially I assume you are Ok we don't have Avocado or Tortillas. When I said I did want them she offered a refund and an alternative dish but we just asked for some chips in their place and when they were served she said they had found some Avocado for us. Sounds like some training is needed in the kitchen of wha the dishes should be accompanied with. We will be back. The final stay got me Diamond status for next year and only cost 17,300 points after promo points were deducted.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyoff
Spot on Wizla - Burrito bowl it was. The manager said initially I assume you are Ok we don't have Avocado or Tortillas. When I said I did want them she offered a refund and an alternative dish but we just asked for some chips in their place and when they were served she said they had found some Avocado for us. Sounds like some training is needed in the kitchen of wha the dishes should be accompanied with. We will be back. The final stay got me Diamond status for next year and only cost 17,300 points after promo points were deducted.
Yep, sounds about right..... weatherspoons can be frustrating with service issues, I live a couple of minutes from the one in Beccles, I would say when Iím at home Iím in there most days as itís so reasonable on price and I also quite like lavazza coffee.
Yes itís far from fine dining but breakfast, lunch or dinner itís okay and for the price I canít cook it myself for that.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:51 am
Original Poster

I’m back here Saturday night, family meeting on Sunday nearby so will probably arrive Saturday late afternoon.
Booked a queen room with chair as my favourite room here is 222 but annoyingly been upgraded to a queen with sofa bed , I even left a note to not upgrade.
Never mind…… will do the usual live reporting.
:D! likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I’m back here Saturday night, family meeting on Sunday nearby so will probably arrive Saturday late afternoon.
Booked a queen room with chair as my favourite room here is 222 but annoyingly been upgraded to a queen with sofa bed , I even left a note to not upgrade.
Never mind…… will do the usual live reporting.
Arrived just now ( 4pm ) , changed strategy….. I cancelled and rebooked yesterday morning and done OLCI to room 222 before they could upgrade, however when digital key arrived at 2pm it was for a room 17 on the ground floor, i questioned this on arrival and was told the folk in room 222 decided to stay an extra night so I’m still on top floor just along the corridor a bit.

QUEEN ROOM WITH CHAIR- exactly as last time I stayed ( see a few posts back ) in fact it’s next door so identical.
Room is spotless, air conditioning works very well, looks like a new carpet.
Bed is a queen size ( European standard) it’s very comfy.
Tv is huge.
Got some time to kill so may use gym …..will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Jul 22, 2023 at 11:36 pm
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Arrived just now ( 4pm ) , changed strategyÖ.. I cancelled and rebooked yesterday morning and done OLCI to room 222 before they could upgrade, however when digital key arrived at 2pm it was for a room 17 on the ground floor, i questioned this on arrival and was told the folk in room 222 decided to stay an extra night so Iím still on top floor just along the corridor a bit.

KING ROOM WITH CHAIR- exactly as last time I stayed ( see a few posts back ) in fact itís next door so identical.
Room is spotless, air conditioning works very well, looks like a new carpet.
Bed is actually a queen size ( European standard) not a king but itís very comfy.
Tv is huge.
Got some time to kill so may use gym Ö..will report back!
GYM - no changes except there is now a new peloton bike and the free weights look new.
Only one treadmill one cross trainer and one static bike and a kinda rowing machine benchÖ.. pretty sure there was 2 x on the cardio gear?

Now back in room, the shower is good, nothing great but good and doesnít wet the floor ( good design) , I quite like the shower gel and body moisturiser.

Tonight my lady and I are meeting friends in the weatherspoons Nextdoor, itís not exactly fine dining but I quite like it and the steaks are okay.
Forgot to mention, no change on the parking, still free but donít forget to register car on arrival.
Will report back!
Old Jul 22, 2023, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

GYM - no changes except there is now a new peloton bike and the free weights look new.
Only one treadmill one cross trainer and one static bike and a kinda rowing machine bench….. pretty sure there was 2 x on the cardio gear?

Now back in room, the shower is good, nothing great but good and doesn’t wet the floor ( good design) , I quite like the shower gel and body moisturiser.

Tonight my lady and I are meeting friends in the weatherspoons Nextdoor, it’s not exactly fine dining but I quite like it and the steaks are okay.
Forgot to mention, no change on the parking, still free but don’t forget to register car on arrival.
Will report back!
Nice evening…..unfortunately our friends didn’t join us due to a sickness bug but we had a pleasant evening, I usually have steak but tonight I had chicken jalfrezi with chocolate fudge cake/ ice cream to finish….bit indulgent but was very cheap and surprisingly good…. My lady had the burrito bowl and apple crumble to finish….apparently this was very good too.

Now back at hotel, whilst the hotel is quiet the weather is terrible and I can hear the rain hitting the roof above being on the top floor, personally I like this and find it relaxing but some may not , be aware.
No rush in the morning, may hit the gym again before breakfast……will report back!
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Slept well , bed comfy although pillows rubbish!, rolled up bath towel under helps.

Grabbed a grotty coffee on my way to gym from restaurant…..gym empty, half hour on treadmill, forgot to mention sweat towels and water provided.

Now off to breakfast……will report back!
MP001 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

BREAKFAST - got there @ 9am ( 7- 10am weekends / 6-9am weekdays ) .
It was okay although my grapefruit segments was sour ( stale )…oh and forget the orange juice, it’s grim!
Had some musli and Greek yogurt followed by some scrambled eggs on toast, this was hot and delicious.
Finished with a flat white in weatherspoons next door, this is lavazza coffee and far superior.

CHECK OUT - used express check out upon leaving at 10am.

CONCLUSION - another solid stay here , yes breakfast is disappointing ( except the hot selection and cereals )but it’s comfy, clean and welcoming, would happily continue to stay and recommend.

ROOM NO - 236

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Edinburgh Carlton ( 31 / 7 / 23 )
Old Jul 24, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Thanks Wizla!!! As always.

The last couple of Hamptons Iíve stayed in Iíve noticed the huge tv. Iím not sure maybe Hampton are replacing tvs across the board. And also a really good selection of channels.

The design of the shower is great, as you say these are always the same and the water never goes all over the floor.

Itís quite a good solution to have a restaurant right next to or really close to a Hampton property unless itís in a city center. That way thereís options for dinner. Some of these can be a bit off the beaten track and some (Liverpool Airport comes to mind) donít have anything anywhere close to eat.

Back in the day wasnít this a 5K redemption???
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Thanks Wizla!!! As always.

The last couple of Hamptons Iíve stayed in Iíve noticed the huge tv. Iím not sure maybe Hampton are replacing tvs across the board. And also a really good selection of channels.

The design of the shower is great, as you say these are always the same and the water never goes all over the floor.

Itís quite a good solution to have a restaurant right next to or really close to a Hampton property unless itís in a city center. That way thereís options for dinner. Some of these can be a bit off the beaten track and some (Liverpool Airport comes to mind) donít have anything anywhere close to eat.

Back in the day wasnít this a 5K redemption???
Yes I believe it was at first, I definitely remember paying 8k many years ago when I was gold.
Obviously there are no frills but everything just seems to work well here, itís hard to explain but even though itís on a kinda industrial park it feels pleasant, the weatherspoons Nextdoor is probably the best Iíve visited, again no frills but great service and the food was actually hot and tasty.
Freetotravel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.