Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Wanted to post my experience here as I thought was a good hotel. Had not planned t go back after 1st visit but returned for my glasses

1. Reception and other staff very friendly and helpful
2. Some rooms show a small bit of wear but nothing exessive or bad
o Bed fine and comfy
o lots of power points, work desk x4 , plus bedside.
o stand hampton recangular shower
o TV no Freeview/freesat but has a few channels
o internet was ok speed
3. With Weatherspoons 50m away from front door the food is reasonably priced although higher.
4. No microwave in public area but staff will het your food in kitchens 2000w microwave, just have to ask at reception
5. Breakfast - hotel goes above the minimum as always fresh fruit ie Grapes, Melon, Pineapple, tinned grapefruit to go ith standard cereal, bread., mini pastries, waffle maker, cereals, and hot food ... bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, beans and mushrooms
6. No issues receiving a late checkout
7. Just one small lift, but was fine as only 85 rooms here on 3floors
8. small fitness room on 3rd floor
9. Offered water and snack , for each checkin

If have to use 10k HH points costing $100 from 15th October, I will probably stay ay Holiday Inn A43 Corby Ketering instead as that is 10k IHG points which are cheaper at $7/1k IE $70 and average 70/night

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 1, 2015 at 6:04 am
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Just leaves a single Cat 1 HH hotel in UK unless Hampton Newport East is increasing at the same time too?
Newport isn't on the list so should be staying at 5k for now. I've just booked two 5k stays at Kettering/Corby (my first Hilton stays no less) to take advantage before its promotion!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arson attack- Hampton by Hilton Corby UK

Whilst reading TA reviews of the above hotel I noticed they had a serious fire here last month!......apparently some youths been arrested as a result and thankfully no casualties!.
I would post a link but not sure how, however this can be Googled.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:42 pm

yes I had seen

https://www.northants.police.uk/#!/News/27594

http://www.hotelowner.co.uk/5629-cor...gers-arrested/
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I checked out 90 minutes before it happened.

I was due to stay that night.

In fact I think my room was damaged!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:30 am

It's fortunate that no one was injured.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes, I arrived two days after for my 10 day stay. Not good experience. Re-booked to me Premier Inn. Without informing me and lying that no Hilton near by is free.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mirror74
Yes, I arrived two days after for my 10 day stay. Not good experience. Re-booked to me Premier Inn. Without informing me and lying that no Hilton near by is free.
There is not another Hilton close by.

Wish they would open one in Peterborough
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by mirror74
Nearness is subjective, on both distance and time fronts.

I would not say 22miles on A-roads to the 2x nearest Hilton group hotels at Northampton and Leicester are near in either distance or travel time.

The current Holiday Inn Corby used to be a Hilton many years ago, if that is what you are thinking of?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Nearness is subjective, on both distance and time fronts.

I would not say 22miles on A-roads to the 2x nearest Hilton group hotels at Northampton and Leicester are near in either distance or travel time.
I think the hotels definition, although obviously subjective, was normal. If a hotel had booked just about anyone I know into a hotel in Leicester or Northampton both of which are 40 minutes+ away because they were 'nearby' they'd be unimpressed.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

I'm here Monday night, no particular reason just need a couple of more stays to hit diamond this year.....looks like no FTers have stayed here lately so I guess it will be down to me to do the customary live reporting!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here Monday night, no particular reason just need a couple of more stays to hit diamond this year.....looks like no FTers have stayed here lately so I guess it will be down to me to do the customary live reporting!
Haha I stay quite regularly. Although at 100% more points it might not be so often
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Haha I stay quite regularly. Although at 100% more points it might not be so often
I'm often in Corby ( relations in nearby kings cliffe ) and drive past on my way in, I have stayed a few times back in 2013 /14 I believe.
Looking back at my posts it was 5k a night back then!.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Arrived just after 4pm, was a little concerned car park may be full as hotel is apparently fully booked according to website, seems quiet to me though, I'm purely here as it's cheap on points and I need stay credit, I also visited some relatives on route.
I done OLCI to a room on top floor away from lift, I also requested the digital key this morning and it arrived to my phone at 11am......it works fine, even for getting in the gym down the corridor ( I got you guys some photos ).

ROOM- it's ok, not very big and the view overlooks a truck yard.......king size bed, sofa ( that sinks in the middle ) small t.v and desk.....I did notice no safe which I assumed was a brand standard but obviously not.........bed seems comfy, not much wardrobe space and only 5 coat hangers....all clean and tidy.

BATHROOM- no bath but huge shower unfortunately not cleaned properly as several long hairs in there , toilet and basin all ok.

I really am at a loose end so I will use the gym , shower and probably go to the weatherspoons pub next door for dinner.
There are a few options here for food but nothing great, there is a greggs, dominos pizza, subway, weatherspoons and hungry horse pub.....I personally wouldn't rate any of them but I do quite like the weatherspoons mixed grill.
Will probably end up in the bar for a nightcap before bed.....will report back!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived just after 4pm, was a little concerned car park may be full as hotel is apparently fully booked according to website, seems quiet to me though, I'm purely here as it's cheap on points and I need stay credit, I also visited some relatives on route.
I done OLCI to a room on top floor away from lift, I also requested the digital key this morning and it arrived to my phone at 11am......it works fine, even for getting in the gym down the corridor ( I got you guys some photos ).

ROOM- it's ok, not very big and the view overlooks a truck yard.......king size bed, sofa ( that sinks in the middle ) small t.v and desk.....I did notice no safe which I assumed was a brand standard but obviously not.........bed seems comfy, not much wardrobe space and only 5 coat hangers....all clean and tidy.

BATHROOM- no bath but huge shower unfortunately not cleaned properly as several long hairs in there , toilet and basin all ok.

I really am at a loose end so I will use the gym , shower and probably go to the weatherspoons pub next door for dinner.
There are a few options here for food but nothing great, there is a greggs, dominos pizza, subway, weatherspoons and hungry horse pub.....I personally wouldn't rate any of them but I do quite like the weatherspoons mixed grill.
Will probably end up in the bar for a nightcap before bed.....will report back!
GYM- it's good, not great but good ( will upload some photos)........ 2 x treadmill a bike and X trainer......some free weights, bench and pulling rack.
I had quite a big session in there, just myself and another guy....water and sweat towels provided.

Now off next door for dinner......will report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.