Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by DrAJ
One visit we got there earlier than anticipated. Beer and chicken wings in late afternoon sun in the wetherspoons outdoor area then trotted over to the hungry horse pub for massive burgers ;
It's worth pointing out for the 'spoons naysayers that breakfast there is available later than at the Hampton and pretty cheap.
Oh I like spoons, I live a one minute walk away from my local one, I’m often in there most mornings having porridge and bottomless coffee ( which is actually very nice ) and maybe a glass of leffe late afternoon.
Yes certainly not gourmet dining but very handy .
I had a wander over to that hungry horse pub a year or so back, looked good but only had a beer.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by wizla
BREAKFAST - perfectly fine.. I only had cereal, milk and yogurt, I also had some toast too, all good, hot food looked good and the fruit/ compotes section was good, they even had grapefruit segments which a lot of Hiltons dont seem to have anymore.
Breakfast area a little on the small side but it wasnt busy overall I was happy.

CHECK OUT - done at FD swiftly and Im on my way, parking was not on my bill Im guessing its free for diamonds?.

CONCLUSION - perfectly good stay, no issues whatsoever, they even made sure I had a taxi for 5-30pm to take me into town staff were friendly and professional, I would happily recommend this place and will definitely return.

ROOM NO - 222 ( Im told this is the best room in the hotel and its slightly bigger than the rest )

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 27 / 6 / 22 )
If I had known I would have left you a note - I was in 222 before - view over the haulage yard? Agree entirely about staff, and I made similar comment on the post-stay feedback.

The only breakfast thing I would like to see improved is the juice, everything else was good.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tocsin
If I had known I would have left you a note - I was in 222 before - view over the haulage yard? Agree entirely about staff, and I made similar comment on the post-stay feedback.

The only breakfast thing I would like to see improved is the juice, everything else was good.
Absolutely spot on , yes haulage view , I actually took a photo of the view but only because a spitfire was flying over, I didnt try the juice as I just had water ( I was suffering from acid reflux for a few days ) but I think I remember commenting on the juice on a post further back , its a solid choice and usually reasonably priced, Im going back again next month
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Can't say I would ever stay in 222. Having been there when the fire happened and the fact that it is double Nelson an unlucky number in Cricket I will avoid in all hotels 😂 😂
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Can't say I would ever stay in 222. Having been there when the fire happened and the fact that it is double Nelson an unlucky number in Cricket I will avoid in all hotels 😂 😂
I think I remember you mentioning that last time i stayed here, the friends I was dining with ( locals ) mentioned the fire , apparently it was allegedly after an argument between a local nightclub owners son and the Hampton management , it went to court but never proved .
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I think I remember you mentioning that last time i stayed here, the friends I was dining with ( locals ) mentioned the fire , apparently it was allegedly after an argument between a local nightclub owners son and the Hampton management , it went to court but never proved .
Was some girls who set a fire round the back
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Was some girls who set a fire round the back
Two lads and a girl according to a police report, rooms 123 and 223 affected, wouldnt have wanted to be in 222 when that happened!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:24 am
Original Poster

I’m here tonight folks, I will do a kinda brief report on anything I feel relevant as I was only here a month ago.
Will report back!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Im here tonight folks, I will do a kinda brief report on anything I feel relevant as I was only here a month ago.
Will report back!
Probably staying Sunday night as need a room somewhere in the area.

Just as good as anywhere else.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Probably staying Sunday night as need a room somewhere in the area.

Just as good as anywhere else.
I was originally staying Sunday night but decided on Saturday last minute..... shame would have been good to meet you.

Digital key arrived on my phone @ 12-20pm, I arrived here at 6pm, car park nearly full but managed to find a space.
Got physical key as no queue and offered snack and drink ( I chose two waters and chilli nuts ).
Same room as last month so nothing to mention as posted then.
Tonight Im going to try the hungry horse pub across the road instead of weatherspoons for a change, will report back on my experience!....menu looks good!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was originally staying Sunday night but decided on Saturday last minute..... shame would have been good to meet you.
Currently just down the road in an IHG in Kettering

Hiring the meeting room here tomorrow.

We will meet at some point.....
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Currently just down the road in an IHG in Kettering

Hiring the meeting room here tomorrow.

We will meet at some point.....
Oh I’m sure we will, Botb and myself said that for a few years and then it actually happened at Hilton Bournemouth about 5 years ago.

Went to the hungry horse pub for dinner, unfortunately the kitchen was closed due to no staff so I went to weatherspoons next door to hotel, had the beef madras ....... I’ve said many times that it’s not exactly fine dining but for 9 with a free beer I think it’s a fairly good deal .
Now back in room, noticed bar was empty when I walked through.
I plan to be early to bed and early up in the morning to use the gym before breakfast .....I’m kinda alone in my thoughts and I’m thinking, this is a great Hampton, absolutely no issues so far, great shower, I like the toiletries, air conditioning is superb, tv works well, this is better than some Hilton’s!.......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Jul 23, 2022 at 2:25 pm Reason: Additional information added
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Oh I’m sure we will, Botb and myself said that for a few years and then it actually happened at Hilton Bournemouth about 5 years ago.

Went to the hungry horse pub for dinner, unfortunately the kitchen was closed due to no staff so I went to weatherspoons next door to hotel, had the beef madras ....... I’ve said many times that it’s not exactly fine dining but for 9 with a free beer I think it’s a fairly good deal .
Now back in room, noticed bar was empty when I walked through.
I plan to be early to bed and early up in the morning to use the gym before breakfast .....I’m kinda alone in my thoughts and I’m thinking, this is a great Hampton, absolutely no issues so far, great shower, I like the toiletries, air conditioning is superb, tv works well, this is better than some Hilton’s!.......will report back!
Slept well, super comfy bed!.

GYM - floor 2 , it’s very basic but acceptable and not changed since my review a while back.

BREAKFAST - was almost empty at 7-30am this morning, as before nice selection of food, I just had some cereal and toast all very nice....cappuccino is mediocre, orange juice is awful!.

CHECK OUT - done this online at 8-15am and handed card to FD , wished me a pleasant onward journey and off I go.

CONCLUSION - another solid stay, I really like it here and it’s excellent value for money, I paid 75 on a 2x points rate and was very happy with the room and service, only niggle was the rubbish orange juice and the air con in room whilst very effective did have a slight annoying whistle.
That said I will definitely stay again.

ROOM NO - 222 (again)

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Reading ( 28 / 7 / 22 )

Last edited by wizla; Jul 24, 2022 at 3:07 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Outside chance I may be here tomorrow night , if I do I will do the usual live reporting.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Just arrived…..Booked here for tonight at lunchtime today, was originally at Hilton Leicester but cancelled and planned to drive home, however the weather is terrible so decided to split the journey.
Done OLCI at lunchtime too, I wanted to try and get room 222 but it’s not available so I checked into a room the other end of corridor, digital key arrived on my phone @ 1:20pm.
I booked a queen room with chair , this is one of two options the other is queen room with sofa but I like the chair configuration as it feels bigger.

PARKING - it’s free but don’t forget to register number plate on tablet at front desk.

BEDROOM - it’s spotless, looks and smells like new carpet, English king sized bed ( queen if you are from the USA) , large tv , safe ( in drawer ) ….. only negatives is pillows are very soft and the rain on the roof is quite noisy ( however I find that relaxing, some may disagree)….digital key works well here.

BATHROOM - shower only , no bath , sink and toilet, towels are big and fluffy, face cloths too.

I continue to be impressed by this Hampton, I’ve stayed many times now and it’s actually better than some Hilton’s, yes it’s no frills but everything works well and it’s always reasonably priced.

My plan tonight is to use the gym , shower ( will report on the outcome) and pop over to the weatherspoons opposite for a steak and a beer……. Will report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.